Game Articles and Videos Thread

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

I remember this part and yeah it was one of the more disturbing parts of the game. You won’t lose honor for shooting him either because it’s considered a mercy kill.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I listened to SkillUp's impressions of Alan Wake 2 and I was impressed with how he's impressed.
Remedy is... a thing, man. A thing. For sure it's not a play-on-release game for me but if folks are enjoying it a few months after it comes out (as I no longer trust initial impressions of anything any more), it'll be a potential buy-on-sale type of game for me.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Remedy is... a thing, man. A thing
They're more than a.....thing...

as I no longer trust initial impressions of anything any more
I never fully trusted impressions to begin with. Impressions are nothing more than glorified previews at this point. Even when few people were doing them, I didn't put 100% faith into every single one. That said, I find SkillUp and Easy Allies far more reliable, than most others.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

That’s pretty much the difference between Elden Ring and almost any other open world games for me. As big as it is there is very little bs that bogs the player down. Even the crafting is as simple as running around on Torrent tapping Triangle nearby plants or whatever on the way to wherever, then looking in the crafting menu and hitting another button to make whatever’s available. Don’t like a messy inventory? Throw as much shit as you want into the storage box. It’s not like anything is worth selling in the game anyways.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That’s pretty much the difference between Elden Ring and almost any other open world games for me. As big as it is there is very little bs that bogs the player down. Even the crafting is as simple as running around on Torrent tapping Triangle nearby plants or whatever on the way to wherever, then looking in the crafting menu and hitting another button to make whatever’s available. Don’t like a messy inventory? Throw as much shit as you want into the storage box. It’s not like anything is worth selling in the game anyways.
Exactly why I don't bother with most AAA sandbox games, nor multiplayer only games that have a whole bunch of grinding.

Even back in the PS2 days, I wasn't that fond of that many sandbox games when everyone was trying to go all in on GTA clones.

Witchfire is finally here! I'm ruin this game I got announced back in 2016!

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Exactly why I don't bother with most AAA sandbox games, nor multiplayer only games that have a whole bunch of grinding.

Even back in the PS2 days, I wasn't that fond of that many sandbox games when everyone was trying to go all in on GTA clones.

Witchfire is finally here! I'm ruin this game I got announced back in 2016!

That just might get me interested in an FPS again. Hopefully it is done well.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
@Specter Von Baren & @Dalisclock. I have not seen the video yet, but I thought either you might be interested since you like these games.

Appreciate it. I've heard similar things on the subreddit as well. I do plan to grab it at some point, just not ATM. Probably grab it when it's a little cheaper then it is now.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I'm on record as saying I had some hope for the game before it came out, so I'm a little sad it turned out to be so meh. And at this point there's no hope it'll ever be better or we'll get a sequel that gets it right.

OTOH, I can spend that money that might have gone to SR on a much better and more interesting game.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Seems someone is doing a Goldeneye inspired game

You ready for wobbly people who say fuck a lot? Terrible trailer tho

Last edited: