General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Posted in the off topic learned today thread but it applies here too since it details the effects on the entertainment industry heavily -

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
First real promo for the Delicious in Dungeon anime just went up

Studio Trigger animating, OP by Bump of Chicken

The anime is directly confirmed for 2 cours (24 episodes), and given that nothing in the trailer takes place after a certain point and there's no hint of the best catgirl Japan has ever produced, I might get my wish that the first 24 episodes is only going to cover the first 4 volume arc.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Nothing against the fans, but who was asking for reboot of this series? Granted, I had long stop watching live action Nickelodeon stuff by that point
Well that's the beauty of these reboots- I mean who was asking for a serious Fresh Prince or a live action Lion King or a TV Cats or whatever. But then enough folks have genuine love for these properties or feel the need to hate-watch to be "part of the conversation" (not a real conversation just online bullshit) or whatever draws enough interest with name recognition.

Honestly if I were a money-grubbing soul-less entertainment corporate exec, I would literally ban new IP from my studios.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well that's the beauty of these reboots- I mean who was asking for a serious Fresh Prince or a live action Lion King or a TV Cats or whatever. But then enough folks have genuine love for these properties or feel the need to hate-watch to be "part of the conversation" (not a real conversation just online bullshit) or whatever draws enough interest with name recognition.

Honestly if I were a money-grubbing soul-less entertainment corporate exec, I would literally ban new IP from my studios.
Fresh Prince is one thing. That's a complete revamp with either reimagined or different characters. It's also much more serious than the original show. The live action life in the remake was expected as Disney has got lazy putting their remakes on assembly line.

Which only increased further stagnation and cause that company to die out faster. There's only so many times to rehash the same idea over and over for everyone gets bored.

Edit: For all the problems Netflix has, they're still the streaming service to provide original content or new IPs and give them a better chance. Usually. There are problems when they kept trying to start a new franchise because of the popularity of Stranger Things. You're not going to have a second one guys, let it go!

Last edited:

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
That looks utterly fucking deranged. I'm sold.
Aw man, why does a "Beekeeper" be a super-secret position/organization/. Can't it be just a ex-"insert special forces" guy being fed up by callous small evil and going mental, berserking his way through scammers, marketing-divisions, abusive managements and ceo's/members of the board of various businesses? Inciting support and copycat's globally... We can make a new "Fight Club" out of that (Just a bit more revenge-fantasy and action and less commentary).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Can The Beekeeper team up with DR. BEES? For some beekeeping action, and be all they can beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Aw man, why does a "Beekeeper" be a super-secret position/organization/. Can't it be just a ex-"insert special forces" guy being fed up by callous small evil and going mental, berserking his way through scammers, marketing-divisions, abusive managements and ceo's/members of the board of various businesses?
Because it's not "cool/exotic enough". Either way, it's going to be some cliche, and some point Statham's character is going to be revealed as some ex-special forces/soldier/cop/assassin takes names and no prisoners' something bad ass. He's got over three dozen of these now.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Looks like a big mistake to me. Now, I've barely played any TR games, but even with that said, the reboot series isn't something that translates to anime well, because it's boring as an anime. The selling point of the reboot of a more gritty, violent, and realistic story means the anime has no hook.

Grit and violence are already abundant in anime, and with all sorts of different and interesting flavors to them that make them stand out like Higurashi, Hellsing, and Elfen Lied. The TR reboot is just... boring compared to the violence of other anime. I dunno, just seems like a bad move.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Looks like a big mistake to me. Now, I've barely played any TR games, but even with that said, the reboot series isn't something that translates to anime well, because it's boring as an anime. The selling point of the reboot of a more gritty, violent, and realistic story means the anime has no hook.

Grit and violence are already abundant in anime, and with all sorts of different and interesting flavors to them that make them stand out like Higurashi, Hellsing, and Elfen Lied. The TR reboot is just... boring compared to the violence of other anime. I dunno, just seems like a bad move.
I don't know nor can I tell you what's going to happen. I don't know how this anime is going to go down. If it were up to me, I would just do classic Lara with her own self contained adventure and be dealt with it. You all know by now that I'm not a hardcore Tomb Raider fan. I was always casual with the original franchise and have no interest in any of the reboot games.

I do wish the anime the best of luck and for these people to try. It's just a teaser so there's not much to go off of. It doesn't look as depressing as the 2013 game. I would still take this over Elfen Lied & Higurashi though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren