General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

We got the official trailer, and it looks just as action-packed, if not more. As for the plot,I was kinda hoping for Aquaman vs Black Manta AND Orn (they consipired together but never fought alongside), but I guess we're going for enemy-turned-ally trope. I was also hoping to get a glimpse of Aqualad, whether it's Kaldur or Garth, but no dice on that either.

W/e, will probably go see it. The free movie tickets I have aren't gonna spend themselves

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Not from lack of trying, and probably by virtue of only having existed for about 70 years, not two thousand. The Big 3 have quite the head start on all that shit.
And the number of its practitioners are very few. Though, in context, that does legitimately make them less of a worry. I don't really care what the Wiccans are up to, but if there were hundreds of millions of them, that'd be different.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

We got the official trailer, and it looks just as action-packed, if not more. As for the plot,I was kinda hoping for Aquaman vs Black Manta AND Orn (they consipired together but never fought alongside), but I guess we're going for enemy-turned-ally trope. I was also hoping to get a glimpse of Aqualad, whether it's Kaldur or Garth, but no dice on that either.

W/e, will probably go see it. The free movie tickets I have aren't gonna spend themselves
Looks freaking sweet! This is a must-see for me.

The first movie mostly worked because it's the hero's journey. Already from the trailer it seems that it's going to Saturday mornings plotwise.
Not a bad thing when it's done right. The first movie embraced its comic book roots anyway; the sequel is no different. The only difference is that it looks even more stylish.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Uh.

I've watched all their DBZ Abridged, including Buu part 1, and they all made sense to me as summaries of a series I never watched.

But that one, buu part 2, it's just all over the place. A disjointed series of "hey remember that part" with no continuity. I guess one has to be familiar with dbz to make sense of it. Fine. But it's a odd departure from the coherent narration it had been until now. Inconvenient for me.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But that one, buu part 2, it's just all over the place. A disjointed series of "hey remember that part" with no continuity. I guess one has to be familiar with dbz to make sense of it. Fine. But it's a odd departure from the coherent narration it had been until now. Inconvenient for me.
It flowed fine for me, but then again, I remember enough of the Buu Saga for much I hated and full of wasted potential it was. Still better than the official saga itself, so I am not complaining.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Reactions: Absent and BrawlMan