Some good music.

Drathnoxis

I love the smell of card games in the morning
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Recently learned that Weird Al released another album (like 9 years ago). I always thought Straight out of Lynwood was his last one. It's not all amazing, but there's some pretty good stuff too.

Weird Al's polka medleys are always fantastic, love the whistling backing to Pumped up Kicks and when he's doing Gangnamn Style and slips in LA-A-A-DY like Jerry Lewis.

Last edited:

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States

Its that one time of the year but I got to post it in 3 different flavors.

RIP Maurice White

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
I absolutely love "My Sails Are Set" composed by Sonya Belousova and Giona Ostinelli, and sung by Aurora.

It does an excellent job of summing up Nami's arc and character, and is equal parts sad and hopeful.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Some of you probably hear the iconic theme to The Exorcist; I hear Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells," and it's inexorably stuck in my head for days after I do. What's funny is, given it's immediate association with demonic possession, how it eventually takes a very melancholic/bittersweet/upbeat turn removed from its haunting opening.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Hadn't thought about KOAN Sound in years, since the one funky wub track I only knew them by, yet out of nowhere a new album enters the fray, is mix of ambience, melodic industrial, offbeat electronic trips, and some evil as fuck sounding bass! loving all the weird and dark rhythmic chonks coming out of this boom speaker.

The original one known track from years ago, bit of a more standardised wub funk in comparison. You could put this one on at a party and not get any funny looks. Unlike that new album. (unless you're with esteemed cultured fellows though of course! 🥂🍻👌)

what? a documentary too? might as well throw it in for the full package.

Last edited:

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Over the last few months I've been digging through an old trove of pirate mp3s. It kinda amazes me how much music is out there that's never made it to digital. I found this old mixtape from RZA thats pretty hot. Apparently somebody else had the same thought and already uploaded it. Funnily I really had to dig to find it on youtube. As far I can tell you can't buy it anywhere, but I only did some cursory searching

Anyhoo this track is pretty headbanging, rap starts around 00:41

*you can buy it used, but its like $50

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Over the last few months I've been digging through an old trove of pirate mp3s. It kinda amazes me how much music is out there that's never made it to digital. I found this old mixtape from RZA thats pretty hot. Apparently somebody else had the same thought and already uploaded it. Funnily I really had to dig to find it on youtube. As far I can tell you can't buy it anywhere, but I only did some cursory searching

Nice, love me some old school Wu-Tang. Got a few old mates will appreciate that too.

There's a hell of a lot of music out there that hasn't been made available for sale on MP3 but a lot of it is available on YouTube, especially weird old obscure shit. There's an album of old North Vietnamese songs from the Vietnam war that I keep meaning to record to MP3 and then put on YouTube like I promised about 20 pages ago.

Otherwise yeah, discogs will probably have it but it might not be cheap.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
A conversation with my girlfriend this afternoon reminded me that B.J.Cole lived across the road from me when I was a kid/teenager and a mate of mine was going out with his daughter for a few years. It never really meant much to me at the time, he was just "Peggy's dad" but he did do an album with Luke Vibert that while not completely my thing, I think @Xprimentyl and @XsjadoBlayde might appreciate.

I've also recently remembered that digital hardcore was a thing... Again, not exactly my favourite but it was interesting at least

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

A conversation with my girlfriend this afternoon reminded me that B.J.Cole lived across the road from me when I was a kid/teenager and a mate of mine was going out with his daughter for a few years. It never really meant much to me at the time, he was just "Peggy's dad" but he did do an album with Luke Vibert that while not completely my thing, I think @Xprimentyl and @XsjadoBlayde might appreciate.

I've also recently remembered that digital hardcore was a thing... Again, not exactly my favourite but it was interesting at least

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
fckin time for some fckin Tool full volume. is good for your health. and your remaining loved ones' health. in a vague sort of way you can't hold me accountable for I mean. plz don't hold me accou...hey, don't you dare hold me accountable, step away from that accountability form!

k gotta slow down, song for when music stops working

maybe one of the few timeless sounds

feels surprisingly bit adjacent with current topical worries for an obscure 90s track of somewhat obscure 90s trip hop duo

singer died recently, kinda making the lyrics extra poignant beyond the overwhelming dread song already had lol

the angsts of love

Last edited:

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Nice, love me some old school Wu-Tang. Got a few old mates will appreciate that too.

There's a hell of a lot of music out there that hasn't been made available for sale on MP3 but a lot of it is available on YouTube, especially weird old obscure shit. There's an album of old North Vietnamese songs from the Vietnam war that I keep meaning to record to MP3 and then put on YouTube like I promised about 20 pages ago.

Otherwise yeah, discogs will probably have it but it might not be cheap.

Yeah Youtube is almost a haven for pseudo legal pirate music where it's like it's "owned" by somebody, but it's too complicated legally to put it on digital music platform because they can't figure out how to get a license for it.

Last edited: