General Gaming News.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
There is a youtuber who teaches people programming and computer stuff that I've seen in my youtube shorts feed. He used to work for Blizzard and he said that when he worked at Blizzard he worked on Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty which was the first game in the SC2 trilogy. That game made LESS money than the first store mount in WoW. The stupid $15 horse that started the whole in-game store for WoW made more money than the first new Starcraft game in like 15 years.

As much as we hate it, the reason why microtransactions have taken over so much of the industry is people buy them, and they buy that at ridiculous profit levels. Shark cards, skins, ultimate team, it's insane the amount of spending people will do. And there isn't much we can do to stop it than not support games we feel are unfair in that regard. But we are a drop in the bucket compared to the flood of normie dipshits who throw money at games without regard for anything.
That's a real shame, SC2 single player was super fun and I went trough it multiple time. But RTS are clearly dying and I can't really say I'm surprised, MOBA offer all the fun part of it minus the crazy reflex needed.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
That's a real shame, SC2 single player was super fun and I went trough it multiple time. But RTS are clearly dying and I can't really say I'm surprised, MOBA offer all the fun part of it minus the crazy reflex needed.
I mean it explains why they are never doing a warcraft 4.

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Ah so they're just making a straight up remake of the trilogy and are waiting long enough for us who remember it to die out.
tbh I'd like a remake of the trilogy, fix the awful combat of 1, and change the story of 2 so that its actually about finding a way to stop the collector rather than bum around with cerberus in what turn out to be a side chapter at best and then finish with actually implementing the solution found in 2 while delaying the reaper in 3 (and don't have a colour coded ending).

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Sledgehammer responses to the rushed development: "No we didn't, and they're lying"

So what, all the complaints about how lackluster the game is are just a bunch of bs. Hmmm. I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt, buuuut it sounds like there’s a lot of doubt out there.

Maybe they can start by explaining their reasoning for this -

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
So here’s some of the dirt behind it -

Yeah it sounds like Sledgehammer basically got fucked over by not only Activision but also Infinity Ward. Hope those two bags of dicks are happy.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Ah Actman. And OG Diablo. You both rock.

I actually am interested in trying out D1 with the Belzebub mod. My concern is that the game still feeling really cryptic, dare I say outdated. I mean I tried playing Morrowing but couldn't get into it because of how oudated it felt. It also looks like warrior might not be the most beginner-friendly because you get peppered with ranged mobs, with no way to run/sprint?

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I actually am interested in trying out D1 with the Belzebub mod. My concern is that the game still feeling really cryptic, dare I say outdated. I mean I tried playing Morrowind but couldn't get into it because of how oudated it felt. It also looks like warrior might not be the most beginner-friendly because you get peppered with ranged mobs, with no way to run/sprint?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Man, AB is just shoving problems to MS. Not defending MS, but this is a terrible way to start post-acquisition
If anyone at Microsoft was even remotely capable of due diligence, they'd have seen this coming. If not... well, Microsoft's feet are basically made of bullets at this point. What's one more?

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
It’s so weird, ES seems to be only franchise that does this for me. Zelda, Metroid, Mario? Played the newer games first, but still enjoyed older games.

Played AC Brotherhood first, but still love AC1 and AC2.

Got into Diablo 3 first, but ended up loving Diablo 2 (pre-resurrected) more.

It’s just Elder Scrolls. Idk why

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth has mild pc requirements. Tho the series has never been a technical powerhouse, it's nice for a new release to not require the latest and greatest
MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-3470, 3.2 GHz or AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 3.1 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, 4 GB or AMD Radeon RX 460, 4 GB or Intel Arc A380, 6 GB
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 82 GB available space
Sound Card: Windows Compatible Audio Device
Additional Notes: 1080p Low @ 30 FPS w/ Balanced FSR 1.0, requires a CPU which supports the AVX and SSE4.2 instruction set

RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790, 3.6 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 3.2 GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 6 GB or AMD Radeon RX 5700, 8 GB or Intel Arc A750, 8 GB
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 82 GB available space
Sound Card: Windows Compatible Audio Device
Additional Notes: 1080p High @ 60 FPS w/o FSR, requires a CPU which supports the AVX and SSE4.2 instruction set

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Reactions: gorfias