The Defending Joe Biden Mega-Thread

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Haven't these elections in Europe just happened and the current winners not even taken power yet or just been in power for a very short time? How could things have actually gotten horrible then?
You misunderstood me. The Tories used to be in power, before the recent election. They lost because a myriad of factors, but one can reasonably say that the people voted for other parties because the UK had been in a downward spiral under their leadership. Whether that is actually the case (both that the UK was in a downward spiral and that is attributable to Tory leadership and that the people voted against them because they interpreted the Tories as the cause) or not I don't know.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
You misunderstood me. The Tories used to be in power, before the recent election. They lost because a myriad of factors, but one can reasonably say that the people voted for other parties because the UK had been in a downward spiral under their leadership. Whether that is actually the case (both that the UK was in a downward spiral and that is attributable to Tory leadership and that the people voted against them because they interpreted the Tories as the cause) or not I don't know.
Ah, the left won in the UK then. I really don't understand being so upset by election results, I'm sure the right and left have won at times in like every country over the years (people act like if their team doesn't win, it's all over or something). In the US, I'm not going to like if either candidate wins,, but acting like it's the end of the world is pretty ridiculous.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Ah, the left won in the UK then. I really don't understand being so upset by election results, I'm sure the right and left have won at times in like every country over the years (people act like if their team doesn't win, it's all over or something). In the US, I'm not going to like if either candidate wins,, but acting like it's the end of the world is pretty ridiculous.
You'd have a point if a normal Republican was running instead of Trump. Because Project 2025 and Trump's open stance about betraying Europe are pretty far removed from business as usual.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Trump was already president... It wasn't a big deal.
Coup

It’s simply too late to sell Trump as just a normal president.

Speaking of him having been president, he officially bungles at the bottom is presidential rankings so that’s not a good way to sell him either.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Haven't these elections in Europe just happened and the current winners not even taken power yet or just been in power for a very short time? How could things have actually gotten horrible then?

No, more so trying to make the point that what people are saying is horrible is merely hyperbole. Or if they do think something is indeed legit horrible, then they would have to believe democracy doesn't work.

I know the difference, I'm just using the word as the media has used it. Though full-on democracy is probably worse because the average person isn't paying attention to a lot things to vote knowledgeably on most things. It's like how people are mad that judges are political appointees when like no one is following judges and knows how good/bad any of them actually are.

What are you going on about? The Supreme Court made it so they can't replace Biden? What?!?! Stalled what decision? No one was forcing the democrats to run Biden again and it was clearly apparent Biden isn't mentally capable anymore (and that's not some recent development either), and they tried to say Biden is fine and his obvious mental deterioration was just "cheap fakes". The democrats choose to run Biden again. I'm pretty sure the democrats can replace Biden in the event that he decides to step down.

According to food insecurity stats, only 2% more households are food insecure in the UK than in a the US. I don't know much about the UK since I don't live there, but I'm guessing it's not horrible.
I would honestly rather have any elected Republican over Trump. It wouldn't have mattered that much if Trump got indicted, if a non-autocratic candidate won, as for my reasoning I reasoned that it would drag down Trump's polling numbers if Trump was able to be prosecuted for his crimes on J6, handling of classified intel.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Coup

It’s simply too late to sell Trump as just a normal president.

Speaking of him having been president, he officially bungles at the bottom is presidential rankings so that’s not a good way to sell him either.
This "coup" shit is beyond ridiculous, buncha people taking selfies in the Capitol is not a fucking coup. But buncha people actually taking over part of an American city for a month is just fine, nothing to see here, mainly peaceful!!!

It's pretty fucking arguable and apparent that America was better during the Trump presidency than Biden (how much of that is because of Trump is probably very very very small amount if any though).

Trump is even less than a regular president because he's gonna be a lame duck president for like half his term because the republicans don't really like him, he's just the most electable so they deal with him. Trump is the best republican to win if one is to win (for the best interests of the left) because he's not going to be able to do much vs it being any other republican. I think I have some $20 bet with Mysterious that the Supreme Court is not gonna even hear a case that would overturn gay marriage (or was it about race, I forget). I'll also have a $20 bet that Trump will not even attempt a 3rd term. You guys are so fucking paranoid about all this shit that is not gonna happen.

I would honestly rather have any elected Republican over Trump. It wouldn't have mattered that much if Trump got indicted, if a non-autocratic candidate won, as for my reasoning I reasoned that it would drag down Trump's polling numbers if Trump was able to be prosecuted for his crimes on J6, handling of classified intel.
Oh, you meant the Supreme Court is delaying stuff so Trump can run, I thought you meant the Supreme Court did something to delay the democrats from switching out Biden. Also, there is like no world in which Trump didn't run again in 2024, it's not because of the Supreme Court. The democrats literally butt-fumbled (look that up if you don't know sports at all) the Georgia case themselves. As I mentioned right above, Trump is the best republican to win if you're a democrat because he ain't gonna be able to do shit in office for the most part.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Fucking finally.

1720315259178.png

Now use every power at your disposal to uproot this rot.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Fucking finally.

View attachment 11415

Would've been nice if you actually SAID this Biden, preferably in a cogent manner, during that debate, huh?

But no skin off your back if you lose, right? You did your best for feeble 80-year old. You're rich, you're old, and you can live out your last few years in comfort while you hand off the country to a psychopath. And that last bit, yeah, that's how you'll be remembered.

This "coup" shit is beyond ridiculous, buncha people taking selfies in the Capitol is not a fucking coup.
Yeah, I remember one time I saw a bunch of people taking selfies, but since no one was putting up a noose and shouting for someone to hang from it, no one was crushing a cop in a revolving door, windows weren't being busted in, and a woman wasn't shot dead trying to force her way into a restricted area, I was kinda confused whether this was a true selfie taking situation.

Also zip ties... Gotta have zip ties when going to the Captitol to make some selfies.

Reactions: bluegate

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Fucking finally.
Were you actually waiting around for Biden to tweet blatant lies and fearmongering? Like literal fearmongering, it "Should scare ever American",and then total lies about what it says and where it comes from. That's something you've been waiting for?

You guys really are all nuts.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
This "coup" shit is beyond ridiculous, buncha people taking selfies in the Capitol is not a fucking coup. But buncha people actually taking over part of an American city for a month is just fine, nothing to see here, mainly peaceful!!!
I get your confusion. When I take pictures in a government building I too hunt down vice presidents for not overthrowing democracy.

But no. The insurrectionists were not fans of architecture who were so exited to take selfies in the Capitol that they stormed through a barricade to go do it. They stormed into the building not to make selfies but to prevent the government from taking office and install a false one in its place. A plan which by all accounts does not appear to have been spontaneous.

Yeah they made selfies. Duh. Their targets fled. What else COULD they do at that point?

Trump is even less than a regular president because he's gonna be a lame duck president for like half his term because the republicans don't really like him, he's just the most electable so they deal with him. Trump is the best republican to win if one is to win (for the best interests of the left) because he's not going to be able to do much vs it being any other republican. I think I have some $20 bet with Mysterious that the Supreme Court is not gonna even hear a case that would overturn gay marriage (or was it about race, I forget). I'll also have a $20 bet that Trump will not even attempt a 3rd term. You guys are so fucking paranoid about all this shit that is not gonna happen.
The Supreme court accepted a case about whether a president could gleefully do crimes. Why would gay marriage be off the table? Because its popular? So was Roe V Wade.

Also Trump is not the helpless prisoner of people perpetually terrified of him. He's not a puppet. As evident by Trump betraying every Republican unwise enough to get on board with him. The people thought Trump would be a puppet were simply wrong.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Were you actually waiting around for Biden to tweet blatant lies and fearmongering? Like literal fearmongering, it "Should scare ever American",and then total lies about what it says and where it comes from. That's something you've been waiting for?

Again, thanks for the laugh - Your continuous attempts to shame people here is fucking adorable.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Whether it is Trump or someone later down the line, SOMEONE is going to get into power who will decide "You know what, I like having power and I think I'm just gonna go ahead and keep it".

The people who are supposedly the Defenders of Democracy have zero will or desire to do anything to reign in any of this ish....
That happened eighty years ago. The man who decided that stroked out in office at the end of his fourth term in office, and left as president a man who actively facilitated the ascent of Nazi sympathizers and war profiteers into high office, patriated actual fucking Nazis to build the nation's technocracy, and initiated a cold war to distract and divert public attention from it whilst manufacturing consent for it. Everything since has been no more and no less the logical progression of events.

The only thing the "defenders of democracy", as you put it, are interested in defending is the illusion of democracy. At best they're complicit, at worst they're active participants.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Fucking finally.

View attachment 11415

You do realize both sides lie, right?

Yeah, I remember one time I saw a bunch of people taking selfies, but since no one was putting up a noose and shouting for someone to hang from it, no one was crushing a cop in a revolving door, windows weren't being busted in, and a woman wasn't shot dead trying to force her way into a restricted area, I was kinda confused whether this was a true selfie taking situation.

Also zip ties... Gotta have zip ties when going to the Captitol to make some selfies.
But it was mostly peaceful!!! That worked for the BLM riots...

I get your confusion. When I take pictures in a government building I too hunt down vice presidents for not overthrowing democracy.

But no. The insurrectionists were not fans of architecture who were so exited to take selfies in the Capitol that they stormed through a barricade to go do it. They stormed into the building not to make selfies but to prevent the government from taking office and install a false one in its place. A plan which by all accounts does not appear to have been spontaneous.

Yeah they made selfies. Duh. Their targets fled. What else COULD they do at that point?

The Supreme court accepted a case about whether a president could gleefully do crimes. Why would gay marriage be off the table? Because its popular? So was Roe V Wade.

Also Trump is not the helpless prisoner of people perpetually terrified of him. He's not a puppet. As evident by Trump betraying every Republican unwise enough to get on board with him. The people thought Trump would be a puppet were simply wrong.
I cannot take you guys seriously until you condemn the BLM riots as much as you condemn the "coup". Do I think a very very very small amount of people (probably under 10) actually may have legit wanted to stop the certification? Sure. Do I think a mob of people went to the Capitol to stop it? Hell fucking no. Do I think democracy was ever in danger at all that day? Hell fucking no. There's more democrats trying to stop Trump for running for president (infringing on democracy) then there were people actually trying to perform a coup that day. Hell, more democrats were complicit in lying about Trump-Russia collusion than there are republicans that lied about the election being stolen. But your side are the good guys and the other side are the baddies, that narrative does not track at all.

Because they want you to go through the impeachment process vs dragging the president through normal court cases. Gay marriage is constitutionally protected because it's literally an equal opportunity case (married people get benefits and denying others those benefits is unconstitutional). Roe v Wade made no legal sense. Trump just wants to be president to be president because that makes him important and the center of attention (and also delay cases and consequences of those cases against him). If he cared about being president and implementing some weird ass shit, he would've done it last time in office. Was that just some long con to get one term in office and then say he didn't do any messed up shit to get a 2nd term and then actually do said messed up shit? This logic isn't tracking. It's the same thing as thinking this time we vote in the democrats, they'll actually do the stuff we want; it's equivalent to a Cubs fan (before 2016) saying "there's always next year".

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
I cannot take you guys seriously until you condemn the BLM riots as much as you condemn the "coup".
Do I condemn the riots that happened from May to July, 2020?

Absolutely. Because I understand it was cops rioting for a month straight.

At this point, I'd ask you where the Guard and all the cops' military-grade equipment were on 6 January, 2020. Because last I checked, all those folks who were just rarin' to bust some protestor heads...sat on their dicks for a whopping two hours leaving the Capitol Police's ass hanging in the breeze.

Last edited:

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I cannot take you guys seriously until you condemn the BLM riots as much as you condemn the "coup".
You'll have to refresh me on that time BLM violently tried replacing the president with an illegitimate one coming from their own ranks.

Do I think democracy was ever in danger at all that day? Hell fucking no. There's more democrats trying to stop Trump for running for president (infringing on democracy) then there were people actually trying to perform a coup that day. Hell, more democrats were complicit in lying about Trump-Russia collusion than there are republicans that lied about the election being stolen. But your side are the good guys and the other side are the baddies, that narrative does not track at all.
Ah the typical ''well if you think about it a Republican president being investigated and maybe even held to account for his crimes is just as bad as a legitimate president violently being replaced with a false one'' defense.

Trump blackmailing an allied country and getting in trouble over it is hardly a coup. The possibility of Trump being refused as a candidate for having done a coup isn't a coup either. Its just what should have happened in any functioning politician system.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
But it was mostly peaceful!!! That worked for the BLM riots...
Did anyone claim that was just a bunch of people taking selfies?

You go ahead and try to spin BLM however you wish though or pit it against the Jan. 6 insurrection. Fact of the matter is, one group protested around the country due to the death of a suspect at the hands of a cop, and another group forced their way into the Capitol expressly to target politicians, carrying zip ties, putting up a noose, shouting to "hang Mike Pence", all due to the President of the United States not wanting to admit defeat and rallying his base to go do something about it.

I'll let you decide which was worse for both the image and the safety of America as a democracy.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
I'll let you decide which was worse for both the image and the safety of America as a democracy.
I mean, well...

One was pretty much par for the course, and generally understood to be how we do things in America when anyone not of a privileged class expects equal treatment and opportunity. It just happened to be the case that between the 1960's and today, what constitutes the privileged class has shrunken considerably. In that regard, America's global image and safety as a "democracy" couldn't have possibly gotten worse.

In the other case, well, it was pretty much par for the course as well. The US just treated the US, the way the US treats Latin-American, African, and Middle Eastern countries for a change. In that regard, America's global image and safety as a "democracy" didn't get much worse, either.

Being both were weaponized as an excuse to expand the police state, I'd argue the "insurrection" was far worse but not for the reason you might suggest. Democrats had to double down on the kayfabe of supporting superficial and ineffective justice system reforms after the Floyd/Taylor protests, but the "insurrection" got that cat back in the bag.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Please do not insult your fellow forum users

Don't you FUCKING DARE tell me this is all imaginary pixie dust you worm.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Do I condemn the riots that happened from May to July, 2020?

Absolutely. Because I understand it was cops rioting for a month straight.

At this point, I'd ask you where the Guard and all the cops' military-grade equipment were on 6 January, 2020. Because last I checked, all those folks who were just rarin' to bust some protestor heads...sat on their dicks for a whopping two hours leaving the Capitol Police's ass hanging in the breeze.
Ah...

The Jan 6 people went to the capital based on a lie

BLM were rioting over a person who died that we actual have evidence for

Even if we pretend what Phoenix said is true, there is one event that deserves a riot and one that doesn't

It's like two groups who are rioting against A) the deniers of the holocaust or B) deniers of Santa. One of those is worthwhile rioting about. One is not. It's a false comparison

The initial response about hating BLM does not make any sense. (And I'll put in my normal proviso that the people who egged on the Jan 6 people should be charged over the rioters. They just believed a false rhetoric)