Share some things that make you smile!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
If you can find it on YouTube or if you have the DVD/BluRay handy, the making of documentary for Aliens - called Superior Firepower - is a great watch for stuff like this.
Yep, youtube.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I found out I can make beef jerky in my air fryer.

My beef has now been jerked. This made me happy.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I found out I can make beef jerky in my air fryer.

My beef has now been jerked. This made me happy.
I thought the main advantage of beef jerky was that it didn't spoil that fast, before refrigeration. Which would now seem not to be such an issue, so what's the advantage now?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I thought the main advantage of beef jerky was that it didn't spoil that fast, before refrigeration. Which would now seem not to be such an issue, so what's the advantage now?
It's nice to have a high-protein snack on hand.

I do weight-lifting, and it's recommended to get some protein into your system right after every workout, but I don't always work out right before lunch/dinner. I try to keep some high protein snacks around that are quick to consume right when I get home, like some mayak eggs, or some jerky.

Being able to make it at home rather than buying it makes it easier to stay stocked up.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It's nice to have a high-protein snack on hand.

I do weight-lifting, and it's recommended to get some protein into your system right after every workout, but I don't always work out right before lunch/dinner. I try to keep some high protein snacks around that are quick to consume right when I get home, like some mayak eggs, or some jerky.

Being able to make it at home rather than buying it makes it easier to stay stocked up.
Ah, that makes sense, wouldn't have thought of that.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States