Fan Films: got one worth watching?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Another thread brought up fan films, Batman Dead End in particular. Made me think of how sometimes, the fan film seems to have a better grip on characters, continuity and themes than the professionals.

Got one worth sharing?

I'll start with "Vader: Pull to the Light". Vader comes across a temple for the Light Side and has a "Luke in the Swamp" type experience from the other side of things.

Got to check this out as well...

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Project Shadow (2023)

Streets of Rage

Matador (2014)

Balrgog: Behind The Glory

Afro Samurai Champloo

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Project Shadow (2023)

Streets of Rage

Matador (2014)

Balrgog: Behind The Glory

Afro Samurai Champloo
I got me some watching to do, thanks!!!

Funny, 1st fan film I likely ever saw at a Star Trek convention 50 years ago (yeah, I'm that old) was Bambi vs. Godzilla.

They remade it with modern visuals!!!!

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Depends what one means with "fan film", but this one is a creative endeavor based on The Phantom Menace. It recreates the movie as if it were a role playing game session in a world were Star Wars does not exist. It is based on the web comic Darths and Droids with the same premise.

This one is the full Toy Story movie, recreated in real life (which I think is more interesting than good):

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Depends what one means with "fan film", but this one is a creative endeavor based on The Phantom Menace. It recreates the movie as if it were a role playing game session in a world were Star Wars does not exist. It is based on the web comic Darths and Droids with the same premise.

This one is the full Toy Story movie, recreated in real life (which I think is more interesting than good):

I'd think it has to include IPs that are already owned by someone else and is not necessarily being made with the blessing of the actual owners. Otherwise, it isn't a fan film, it is a film. Someone made something, likely low budget but it is their original IP.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Here's a parody of Disney's Aladdin and a satire of Disney's studio practises at the time:

Team StarKid has done a ton of other musical parodies, but I've only seen this one and their Star Wars one, the latter of which I felt was underwhelming. This one is good though.