Trump assassination attempt

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
View attachment 11486

Alright bro, calm yer tits here. The shooter missed his shot. Those are usually pretty survivable...
See, he insisted on being taken to see the "best surgeon" who said "I've never seen anything like this. I mean, just put a band aid on it and you'll be fine, I'm a surgeon, not a kindergarten teacher. It's a miracle I can get anything done with idiot like this around".

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
View attachment 11486

Alright bro, calm yer tits here. The shooter missed his shot. Those are usually pretty survivable...
What? Trump goes for the superlatives when describing events involving him? For sensationalism?

Color me surprised; he always struck me as a humble, down-to-earth guy. I hope my sarcasm is obvious.

Reactions: tippy2k2

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So breaking news:

Source: ITV UK news (live on TV)

They've reported that Secret Service sources has stated the outer security ring was not staffed at Trump's rally. Not it wasn't staffed by secret service (which is apparently common) but it wasn't staffed at all, they didn't bother bring in local law enforcement to staff the outer ring. The only ones there (as there were a few) were one sent by the local police of their own volition.

You wanted a conspiracy theory level red flag you just got it holy crap

Reactions: gorfias

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
So breaking news:

They've reported that Secret Service sources has stated the outer security ring was not staffed at Trump's rally. Not it wasn't staffed by secret service (which is apparently common) but it wasn't staffed at all, they didn't bother bring in local law enforcement to staff the outer ring. The only ones there (as there were a few) were one sent by the local police of their own volition.

It's difficult not to see the dissonance in being ready and willing to believe there's a secrete service conspiracy to kill the former president, but being unwilling to accept that the former president ran a scheme to syphon money from his charity, ran a scam university defrauding students, attempted to blackmail Ukraine, improperly stored classified documents and used them to gain leverage with former agents among many other schemes and scandals.

It just seems odd to me that none of those things are possible, but the secrets service intentionally understaffed security at a Trump event, and coordinated a scenario in which they hired a teenager to kill him? Is that the conspiracy?

and it's not at all possible that Trumps team did the bare minimum to fund and co-ordinate security for the rallys, which Trump has near daily and secret service agents simply underperformed.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So breaking news:

That honestly sounds exactly like the kind of negligent incompetence I would associate with Trump and those affiliated with it tho.

Maybe it spreads to all who stay in its vicinity for extended periods of time. Like Bart Simpsons Cone of Ignorance, but Trump has one for incompetence.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, not surprising the SS wasn't on the ball, really. At least for the president protection detail, heir job is to make sure nobody offs the president. Until someone actually tries, it looks like whatever they are doing is working just fine. Slip ups like this aren't unusual, it's just that usually someone isn't actually giving it a try a the same time.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

SWAT was supposed to be up there but it was too hot outside so they were inside the building instead. The Secret Service Sniper didn't take the shot cause they had to confirm that wasn't a cop since they were supposed to be up there...

Oops

Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Biden tried to call the widow of the men who died at the rally, she declined, specifically saying it was because her husband was a "devout" republican. She also added that Trump didn't try to reach her. It's... mindboggling.

1721135180348.gif

Reactions: BrawlMan

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Biden tried to call the widow of the men who died at the rally, she declined, specifically saying it was because her husband was a "devout" republican. She also added that Trump didn't try to reach her. It's... mindboggling.

View attachment 11489
I can't believe you all would judge Trump after his horrific wound! The man was literally battling to stay alive and everyone is getting mad at him for not calling the widow! The recovery he made was amazing, the greatest recovery from a gunshot wound they've ever seen! We don't always remember this but Trump IS just a man though and not Jesus so he didn't have time to give her a call with all the energy he needed to focus on surviving the vicious attack by the "Republican" ANTIFA agent!

Reactions: BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I can't believe you all would judge Trump after his horrific wound! The man was literally battling to stay alive and everyone is getting mad at him for not calling the widow! The recovery he made was amazing, the greatest recovery from a gunshot wound they've ever seen! We don't always remember this but Trump IS just a man though and not Jesus so he didn't have time to give her a call with all the energy he needed to focus on surviving the vicious attack by the "Republican" ANTIFA agent!
Ok, I understand, but you have to admit that of all the relatively minor injuries that could be used to excuse not calling someone, getting shot in the ear is at least a little relevant.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I have a coworker that thinks everything about the assassination attempt was staged or set up. I chose not to argue with him about it, but there's no amount of incompetence or stupidity that can be that well planned or executed. He hates Trump, but i'm not inviting this dumb conspiracy bull crap of "the Republicans planned it out and they made a fall guy!".

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US

How would that call go anyways? "My condolences that your husband was killed because the person trying to kill me was a terrible shot. Vote for me so your husband's death wasn't in vain." I mean, then run that through the Trump-talk filter of course turning it into about half an hour of incoherent rambling.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

View attachment 11489
The same Trump who had gone from Hospital to an RNC convention already.

Would it be nice for him to have called? YES

Is it also possible with everything going on Trump didn't want to call because he's busy and understands she is also likely mourning and suddenly busy trying to arrange things etc like his funeral? Also yes.

Trump should call her, but I'm not going to jump on him for not calling her yet and it seems a reach when timeline wise. Saturday - Trump was shot, maybe late Saturday / Early Sunday he's cleared to go home. then the RNC conference started on the 15th so realistically he'd have had maybe Sunday to spare time to talk to her and I don't think the victims name had even been released to the public by then.

If he's not called her by this time next week then I'd say fair criticism but not rushing to talk to her? Yeh I I think its a pretty silly criticism. She's got enough going on without needing to deal with politicians calling her for a chat or whatever else.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Thomas Cook in the "Hunting gear" people claim he went to school in seen in new video

You know there's just something so fun about how claims keep being made to frame the narrative a certain way and reality somehow has an amazing way of completely destroying those claims.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

A
popular firearms influencer says he was “shocked and confused” to discover that the Donald Trump shooter was wearing one of his branded T-shirts at the time.

“That sucked to see that. That was rough,” Matt Carriker said in a Monday video, which racked up more than 1 million views in its first four hours.

Loner gunman Thomas Matthew Crooks, 20, was seen in at least two separate images from the shooting wearing a gray T-shirt emblazoned with an American flag on the sleeve and the word “Demolitia” stretched across the chest and back, matching merch that Carriker sells as part of his online channel Demolition Ranch.
Don't know why you're that shocked, Mr. Influencer, but I can't blame you in this case.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ok shit just got serious again.

Tenacious D might be breaking up (or at least ending their tour) due to this

For those who don't know Kyle Grass made a joke on stage that's probably a bit poor taste

Reactions: tippy2k2

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't blame Jack Black, but Trump can still go fuck himself and rot in hell and get butt fucked by Fleming. Also Jack, you can condemn all the violence and unrest Trump caused the past couple of years and inciting violence. You might want to get on that.