Trump assassination attempt

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Regarding the evidence of the source being into "tradwife", I think a reasonable person would argue that's relevant supporting evidence for the former.
I think being a prominent female voice is a relevant counterpoint.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Well this hasn't been posted here yet but apparently government agencies and put in a request for information from Gab where apparently the shooter had an account he used to show support for President Biden

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Well this hasn't been posted here yet but apparently government agencies and put in a request for information from Gab where apparently the shooter had an account he used to show support for President Biden

So all we have to go on is a statement from the CEO of the site, which is itself generally a far-right hangout, that they had a disclosure request from an unnamed agency about a possibility. And said CEO is jumping to bullshit conclusions even within that statement.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So all we have to go on is a statement from the CEO of the site, which is itself generally a far-right hangout, that they had a disclosure request from an unnamed agency about a possibility. And said CEO is jumping to bullshit conclusions even within that statement.
The CEO did post some examples of the posts made there by said account that's had information requested about it.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
What's up with all these blokes filming their rants in their cars anyway? At least this one isn't actually driving. No ugly sunglasses too.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
What's up with all these blokes filming their rants in their cars anyway? At least this one isn't actually driving. No ugly sunglasses too.
Privacy, I guess? If they share their home with someone else. While driving I guess it'd be a way to pass the time.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Because she's a woman and very obviously and publicly not innately submissive. I think anyone who has met women can tell you that women are not, on average, naturally submissive people. If that was something women tended to do on their own, the guidance to do so wouldn't be written in the Bible, you don't have to make a rule that nobody wants to break anyway.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Because she's a woman and very obviously and publicly not innately submissive. I think anyone who has met women can tell you that women are not, on average, naturally submissive people. If that was something women tended to do on their own, the guidance to do so wouldn't be written in the Bible, you don't have to make a rule that nobody wants to break anyway.
History would tell us that many people have defended popular notions and societal status of their demographic group's inferiority. For instance, this is the basis of the pejorative "Uncle Tom" relating to black people. Individuals may do this for a number of reasons, such as because they accept the societal message put out, they wish to curry favour with the dominant group, saying so is of personal benefit to them, that they fear change. I think this can involve an element of hypocrisy or dishonesty, that people preach expectations that they manifestly do not themselves meet.

As a note because it is possible you have misinterpreted my meaning, I used the term "submissive" in a societal rather than personal sense: an expectation of women to take more supportive or caring roles rather than those of leadership or authority.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
History would tell us that many people have defended popular notions and societal status of their demographic group's inferiority. For instance, this is the basis of the pejorative "Uncle Tom" relating to black people. Individuals may do this for a number of reasons, such as because they accept the societal message put out, they wish to curry favour with the dominant group, saying so is of personal benefit to them, that they fear change. I think this can involve an element of hypocrisy or dishonesty, that people preach expectations that they manifestly do not themselves meet.
Or, these people do not interpret it as 'inferiority'-- they can view submissiveness or traditional, restrictive roles as equivalent. Or they say they do.

Reactions: BrawlMan

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

Makes sense in context.

Beaver county officials say Secret Service told them to set up snipers on ground level as opposed to roof top

And

And more information about the assassination attempt that took place 5 days after Biden said it was time to put Trump in a bullseye:

A comedian's take on it... 1/2 way down the page. If that was a government assassination attempt, that seems fitting.
"That was the DMV of assassination attempts."

Last edited: