US 2024 Presidential Election

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I'm a sell-out that took the rebates from the state and federal programs. What would have cost $4000 more ended up $5000 less after $9000 in government handout.

Counterpoint: I don't have a traditional transmission to worry about. To me, that feels like a trade worth dealing with two sources of propulsion. Though it is moot, as electric has the least maintenance by a mile.
Really? I thought plug ins still had a transmission.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Really? I thought plug ins still had a transmission.
It does have a transmission, but it's not doing the same things. The only times I actually feel the engine engage is when I need the power, either cause I'm putting my foot down to climb a hill or cause I'm at highway speeds. At lower speeds, even when the battery is drained, instead of having 6 different gears to shift through, the engine just runs as a generator and charges the battery to run the electric motor, it doesn't need to shift down to match the wheel speed. The transmission for my engine is like a single big planetary gear and a clutch. It probably depends on the hybrid though.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
So what are the odds Kenndy dropping out and endorsing Trump will cause the US to fall to Trump?

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
So what are the odds Kenndy dropping out and endorsing Trump will cause the US to fall to Trump?
I don't see it having any impact. I suspect his supporters may just not vote.

Im still waiting for solid proof to come out that his run was engineered by conservatives. Thats my conspiracy theory. His run was just never realistic. It seemed like a joke from the get go.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Im still waiting for solid proof to come out that his run was engineered by conservatives. Thats my conspiracy theory. His run was just never realistic. It seemed like a joke from the get go.
I don't know, he might have been convinced by conservatives to run, but I don't think it was entirely engineered by conservatives.

He's a Kennedy, he definitely has the narcissism to think he deserves to be president just based on his family's legacy (much like when a Bush or a Clinton runs). It's also been reported that Kennedy was willing to drop out of the race and endorse Harris if she promised him a cabinet position, and he's made the same offer to Trump. That's not the actions of someone being run by the Republicans, it's the actions of someone who is in it for himself and doesn't really care which party is in power so long as he benefits.

His run might not have been realistic, but it sounds entirely like something a man with too much money and name recognition would think of doing after a portion of his brain was eaten by a worm.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Potentially very low.

Often candidate endorsements mean very little to their supporters. Their supporters supported them instead of the alternatives for reasons, and those reasons remain when the candidate drops out: chances are they'll mostly just drift back to their previous preferences. More likely relevant is whether Kennedy's backers were mostly Dem or Rep leaning in the first place.

Even for politicians with potentially more cult-like dominance, an endorsement isn't necessarily worth that much. For instance, despite his grip on the Republican party overall, Trump's record of boosting his favoured into Republican congressional, senatorial and gubernatorial selections is very patchy.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
League Eagle continues to keep himself head on straight and someone who knows, does, and understands law more than some random yahoo off the internet with no knowledge, and uses arm chair bullshit.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
League Eagle continues to keep himself head on straight and someone who knows, does, and understands law more than some random yahoo off the internet with no knowledge, and uses arm chair bullshit.
And more importantly, he's learned enough to know what he doesn't know about law and brings in people who are more experienced in the areas he isn't as familiar with.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Project 2025 is simply just fear mongering. They made the same document for over 40 years...

IF everything were to be implemented from the document, it would be bad, but it's not. You can make the same video about some liberal think tank making a document like that and how bad it would be if everything from that was implemented.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

Kennedy said his internal polls had shown that his presence in the race would hurt Trump and help Democratic nominee Kamala Harris, though recent public polls don’t provide a clear indication that he is having an outsize impact on support for either major-party candidate.

Kennedy cited free speech, the war in Ukraine and “a war on our children” as among the reasons he would try to remove his name from the ballot in battleground states.

“These are the principal causes that persuaded me to leave the Democratic Party and run as an independent, and now to throw my support to President Trump,” Kennedy said.
Oh sure sure.gif