US 2024 Presidential Election

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Not to mention he directed the DOJ to drop investigations of him and his family or the fact that he used his position as president to have foreign dignitaries exclusively stay at his hotels and spent outrages sums of government money on his.. personal expenditures.

I always find it hilariously eyerolling that the MAGA crowd is obsessed with evil democrat conspiracies, but he pulls this shit out in the open and its a nothing burger.
Ah... there's a possibility that Egypt bribed Trump to remove the sanctions on Egypt

That investigate was blocked by Barr

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It's been said by us MAGA that we take Trump seriously, but not literally. Anti-maga takes him literally but not seriously.
For example, I don't think Trump literally means to be a dictator on day one. I take him seriously that he wants to regain control of the US Southern border and have a robust energy policy.

As for the current state of the 2024 POTUS election?

So far, I think the best meme I've read to date: "Voting Kamala after 4 years of failure and betrayal under Biden is like changing your shirt after crapping your pants."
No. He does not care about the Southern border. That's about as serious as the claim of being a dictator. He needs the Southern border as it is so he can get elected. It's why he did not much during his own presidency

Edit: As for energy, he's being bribed to say what he's saying

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Mr. Vance, a cursory look at the state of your most vulnerable Americans would provide you with plenty of material to make some noise about the suffering of the people you’re supposed to represent. You don’t need to make up stupid bullshit because reality is going to outplay you every time.

You fucking jackass.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Mr. Vance, a cursory look at the state of your most vulnerable Americans would provide you with plenty of material to make some noise about the suffering of the people you’re supposed to represent. You don’t need to make up stupid bullshit because reality is going to outplay you every time.

You fucking jackass.
Yeah but those problems are fixed by things like "raising wages" and "tighter environmental regulations", so we can't have that.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

You fucking jackass.
It's a page out of the fascist playbook: Blame all the country's problems on "the other", and tell people that you're the only thing keeping "them" from overrunning the country. Then pervert the laws to ensure that you stay in power, and keep the plebs distracted while you fleece the country's coffers.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Oh, Swifties moved faster than expected. Either that or MTG and Loomer decided to gun it out over which gets to suck the Toad.
Assassination 2 Electric Boogaloo!

Looks like the shooter is Ryan Wesley Routh, a former Trump voter who became a never-Trumper who became a Tulsi Gabbard supporter in 2020 and a Vivek Ramaswamy and Nikki Haley supporter in 2024, and when they both dropped out and endorsed Trump he started supporting Democrats and is currently registered as a Democrat. Dude is all over the political spectrum, with apparently no consistant ideology.

He also has a previous arrest for weapons related crimes, and had issues with the government over non-payment of taxes.

Apparently he's also very pro-Ukraine, to the point of pretending online to be an "off the books liaison for the Ukrainian government" to recruit soldiers to fight against Russia, and has also claimed to have fought in Ukraine against Russia himself, which is a lie. He also has no military experience

Apparently he also tried to reach out to Kim Jong-Un and invite him to Hawaii for a vacation to help resolve disputes between North Korea and America.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Anyone find it ironic that two of these would be assassins are both former Trump supporters who didn't get what they want when they voted for him.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Either that or MTG and Loomer decided to gun it out over which gets to suck the Toad.
I'm currently reading a story with a character named Toadswallow, and you just put that in an entirely different context and now I think I'm going to throw up. Toadswallow would approve.

Can someone tell me exactly when the would-be assassin stopped being "a good guy with a gun"?
When he stopped engaging in lawful behavior while owning a gun and started planning to assassinate a presidential candidate?

Those aren't problems that have good right wing solutions.

Assassination 2 Electric Boogaloo!

Looks like the shooter is Ryan Wesley Routh, a former Trump voter who became a never-Trumper who became a Tulsi Gabbard supporter in 2020 and a Vivek Ramaswamy and Nikki Haley supporter in 2024, and when they both dropped out and endorsed Trump he started supporting Democrats and is currently registered as a Democrat. Dude is all over the political spectrum, with apparently no consistant ideology.
So, he sticks with a political ideology just long enough to realize that they too aren't going to do shit for him before moving on to the next one?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Musk seems to think so tho. That's why it doesn't leave the house without 20 bodyguards and an MD.
I'm sure the MD is just there to give him his ketamine.

Oh hey, look, side effects; cognitive difficulties, and damage to short- and long-term memory. :unsure:

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Anyone find it ironic that two of these would be assassins are both former Trump supporters who didn't get what they want when they voted for him.
No.

There is only one side in the US that glorifies militias, talks about the rights of armed citizens to hold the government resposnsible and phantazises about a civil war.

And when those people get disappointed with Trump, they know they won't get the government they want, no matter who wins the election. But the violent option is still in their mind...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I'd not be surprised if he would have been shooting up a school if he didn't go for Trump. At least this way there's Secret Service personnel to stop him.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Expect many many screeds about how this was because of Democrats "demonizing" Trump instead of Republicans pumping up armed maniacs. Can someone tell me exactly when the would-be assassin stopped being "a good guy with a gun"?
Unfortunately, the principle of monkey see monkey do also applies to assassination attempts.