2nd Assassination attempt against Donald Trump is less successful than the first

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

What's been reported so far.

An Assassin apparently lay in wait in the brush on a golf course for 12 hours waiting for Donald Trump.

The secret service spotted the rifle barrel pointing out of the bushes 2 holes ahead of where Trump present was on his round and immediately opened fire.

The attacker fled and was later intercepted 10 miles from the resort having left behind his rifle. A bullet proof vest with ceramic plating and a go pro camera.

Joe Biden in a strange move has allegedly said "Thank God the president is okay" (some-one really should tell him he's the current president the poor guy)

The suspect is a pro Ukraine anti Russia and Anti Trump activist and already a convicted felon. ITV new on the live show reported a number of posts found by the suspect to be highly critical of Donald Trump and show a consistent dislike of him.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I already made a post about this in the 2024 Election thread, so I'll just repost it here:

Assassination 2 Electric Boogaloo!

Looks like the shooter is Ryan Wesley Routh, a former Trump voter who became a never-Trumper who became a Tulsi Gabbard supporter in 2020 and a Vivek Ramaswamy and Nikki Haley supporter in 2024, and when they both dropped out and endorsed Trump he started supporting Democrats and is currently registered as a Democrat. Dude is all over the political spectrum, with apparently no consistent ideology.

He also has a previous arrest for weapons related crimes, and had issues with the government over non-payment of taxes.

Apparently he's also very pro-Ukraine, to the point of pretending online to be an "off the books liaison for the Ukrainian government" to recruit soldiers to fight against Russia, and has also claimed to have fought in Ukraine against Russia himself, which is a lie. He also has no military experience

Apparently he also tried to reach out to Kim Jong-Un and invite him to Hawaii for a vacation to help resolve disputes between North Korea and America.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I suppose this is better than if the gunman had gone and shot up a school or supermarket

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Not too consistent-- he voted for him in 2016.
In a perfect world, this would be the extreme 180 any rational person could expect from Trump fanatics who finally realize they've been being fleeced by a megalomaniac who used their easily weaponized ignorance to advance his own agenda with little actual regard for their interests he pretends to champion.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The media kept calling the weapon an AK-47, which I wouldn't trust to shoot a target 10 meters away from me. SKS makes a lot more sense. Also, the guy who did it likely watched Vaush. He likes NATO, but also likes Iran and NK AND somehow hates Russia. Vaush viewer confirmed. He also hates the CCP lol.

I hate all of those governments, but then I watch China Observer and Business Basics and realize that not only are those governments running their militaries poorly, but they also run their economies poorly.

Trump could be elected 50 times more times, and these governments won't get any better.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
may have just been voting for the lesser evil
The only reason I didn't vote for Trump is because of student loans and interest rates. I was like 18-19, and assumed it would be funny to vote for Trump and argue for him was just to screw with people.