Game Articles and Videos Thread

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Yes, I have been somewhat paying attention to Veilguard. Unfortunately, tactical change with companions where you now issue simple commands instead of taking control of them and issuing very specific skills/positioning has made me lose most of my interest.
And it has made me gain interest. It's now my most anticipated game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Expect more layoffs in the gaming industry for next couple years. Reasons being is that so many games come out every week or every day now on digital stores that not everybody can cover every single game. Be they gaming critic or just a regular person gaming. Every game is fighting for attention. The Summer Steam sales or any other sales actually hurt the smaller games, because they're already selling at a loss because of the discount. Not helping matters is that the AAA games are clogging them up and taking spaces or attention. The almighty algorithm does not help either.

It's not all doom gloom, as new indie publishers starting out or already have a few years in the door are either using alternative methods to branch out. Most smaller studios are refusing to team up with big publishers as they don't want to deal with overly high expectations nor deal and be under the thumb of flippant shareholders. Many of the leaders or owners of these small publishers and developers were once gaming developers of themselves and not just marketing/business people who know nothing about gaming. Those in charge of the smaller studios prefer just having the game so well for and meet regular expectations for just enough to fund the next game or project. Or to add extra DLC or bonuses for the game that's already selling well

Gaming demos are becoming widespread again thankfully. Do the lack of funds for many, there's now a second golden age of kickstarter funding. Usually for solo developers or small developers. So all is not lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Drathnoxis

I love the smell of card games in the morning
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I've been watching Majuular's excellent King's Field retrospective. I've never played the games, but have always been curious about them and Majuular does an excellent job doing a thorough analysis of the series. If you enjoy long video essays about video games, Majuular seems like someone to watch.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Exposing the go woke go broke grift. Birdman exposes the lie of go woke, go broke. Being diverse for appealing to those of a different demographic does not lead to financial failure these people like to push. Nike and Apple have proven this time and again. They saw an increase in profit that is still ongoing. Movies in all forms. Immediate entertainment are included. Barbie, Zootopia, GotG3, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Spider-Verse, Get Out, etc. Netflix with all of its diversity and inclusion options. Plenty of movies, tv shows, and animated shows are still on the streaming platform and are doing great. They've all proven this narrative false. What people like critical drink or do is deflect or constantly move the gold hosts whenever these media or property succeed, and only cherry pick bad examples and either missed the point or intentionally lie about why those specific media failed. Or they'll hide behind old movie examples like Aliens or T2, and contradict themselves to make it seem like they're not bigoted or full of hate for people being not straight white men. from them Birdman Does talk about the Assassin's Creed Shadows situation, and how despite all the vocal minority online, it's still one of the highest pre ordered games right now. Birdman does not come to the defense of pre-orders, but he feels the systems outdated but it proves how fake in full of shit go woke go broke truly is.

No shit, Yahtzee. The script for the story was written within two weeks. You are just now realizing this? Also, The remake characters do have personality, you're just stupid about it and chose not to pay attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: NerfedFalcon

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
> No shit, Yahtzee. The script for the story was written within two weeks. You are just now realizing this? Also, The remake characters do have personality, you're just stupid about it and chose not to pay attention.

No he was just having a bit of fun with it. Sometimes you need to chill a bit my dude.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No shit, Yahtzee. The script for the story was written within two weeks. You are just now realizing this?
That one i'm having fun with.

The remake characters do have personality, you're just stupid about it and chose not to pay attention.
No, that one I am serious with though. Because he is a 100% serious with it, and keeps pushing that false narrative. Since before the remake even came out and after the first reveal trailer. The RE4R characters "lack personality" my ass.

No he was just having a bit of fun with it. Sometimes you need to chill a bit my dude.
I do chill but I have a problem with people either lying or they make crap up.

Last edited:
Reactions: NerfedFalcon

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
So apparently the next dragon age import only 3 choice from previous game, one insignificant and 2 from a DLC (1 of which is insignificant), everything else is meaningless. A bit strange considering its a direct sequel, DA2 was less involved with DA1 story and it still imported more choice...