Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Shinobi looks nice. Crazy Taxi looks bad.
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully Sega has something with Streets of Rage 5. Crazy Taxi looks like it can use a visual polish, but definitely has the arcade feeling done right from what I am seeing. I'll give them a while.

For the other guy, only person on the internet I have on ignore.
You rarely ever sound happy about anything, but it's more or less true. I am glad we share our love with Streets of Rage and Shinobi, and I wanna keep that going.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I never got into Shinobi, but it looks nice.

Don't even know if Crazy Taxi is still a time attack game. Completely misses the mark. Those garish flames aren't flattering either. At least they appear to have dropped the idiotic Crazy Hop (that made suspension too bouncy and somewhat trivialized traffic) from CT2 and CT3.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I never got into Shinobi, but it looks nice.
I highly recommend Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master/Super Shinobi II, if you could pick only one before the new game launches. The newest game clearly takes inspiration from it.

Don't even know if Crazy Taxi is still a time attack game. Completely misses the mark.
If I remember correctly, the time attack mode is still in the game.

At least they appear to have dropped the idiotic Crazy Hop (that made suspension too bouncy and somewhat trivialized traffic) from CT2 and CT3.
I have never played either of the sequels, because I don't have an OG XBOX.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I have never played either of the sequels, because I don't have an OG XBOX.
I played CT2 on Dreamcast. It's been well over twenty years, but I remember finding NYC blander and the linear circle of the whole map being too long. The multiple customer fares complicated a simple but good formula. The Crazy Hop was lame. Was surprised to learn much later that CT3 still used the same songs. Fools had decades of punk rock to license. I mean, I like The Offspring and Bad Religion too, but they needed to use other music if they wanted the series to stay relevant.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I played CT2 on Dreamcast. It's been well over twenty years, but I remember finding NYC blander and the linear circle of the whole map being too long. The multiple customer fares complicated a simple but good formula. The Crazy Hop was lame. Was surprised to learn much later that CT3 still used the same songs. Fools had decades of punk rock to license. I mean, I like The Offspring and Bad Religion too, but they needed to use other music if they wanted the series to stay relevant.
I forgot CT2 released on Dreamcast. A friend of mine had the console, but we never got one, because my brother and I planned on getting a PS2 and then GameCube next.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Damn straight they still look good1 Where the hell you've been CryWolf Plays? Max Dood and Simmons pointed this out over a decade ago, or those using Doplhin back in the late 2000s.

Castlebeast Astro Bot

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Progress on PS4 emulation has made impressive progress in the last month or so. Ok, it's basically just one game, and they're still using all kinds of hacky workarounds just to make it work. But something as high profile as Bloodborne will probably fast track PS4 emu as a whole, much like Wii U when Breath of the Wild released and massively increased interest. And like Cemu, and a bit of luck, the lessons learned from getting one game running can be applied to get all games running, or at least many.

Reactions: BrawlMan