New Crash Bandicoot game, It's About Time.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
How though? It takes place after Crash 3, I didn't see anything indicating that it retcons stuff after that. There's nothing stopping this game from being Crash 4, then Wrath of Cortex coming afterwards, and so on.
At the end of the video. When the blue mask ask "How many times have you stopped this guy?" Coco and Crash both answer: 3. How do you miss that. It's a clear take that which ignores everything after Warped. Check the video at 1:20. How do you miss something that obvious.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
At the end of the video. When the blue mask ask "How many times have you stopped this guy?" Coco and Crash both answer: 3. How do you miss that. It's a clear take that which ignores everything after Warped. Check the video at 1:20. How do you miss something that obvious.
No, I didn't miss it, I just don't see it as being indicative of anything.

Crash 4 takes place after Crash 1-3. Ergo, they've beaten him three times. This isn't rocket science. Now, the mask saying "seems like more" could be a reference to:

a) There's been so much time travelling, they've lost count

b) Cortex is a joke, so it being "only" three times doesn't seem like enough defeats for a man who's failed at everything

c) A reference to to the other games, which have come out, but haven't yet occurred in the timeline

d) A genuine retcon

e) Other

It's kind of like saying Sonic the Hedgehog 4 retconned the entire series per its release date, while chronologically occurring not long after Sonic & Knuckles.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Crash 4 takes place after Crash 1-3. Ergo, they've beaten him three times. This isn't rocket science. Now, the mask saying "seems like more" could be a reference to:
It's pretty clear it's a retcon. The "seem like more" is a reference to the games not done by Naughty Dog and are considered non-canon.

Check the vid at 30:15. Paul Yan spells it out for everyone in the video. Yes, it's technically the 8th Crash game, but he makes it clear that the other games might as well not happen. As I am concerned, the videos make it clear. If I am wrong, I am wrong. But highly doubt it.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
1) So what about Spyro?

2) Is it weird that everyone's hating Last of Us 2, yet loving Crash 4? Wonder how Naughty Dog feels about their old IP.

3) Crash is taking a selfie, but selfies weren't a thing in the 90s. Guess the timelines have collapsed worse than we thought. 0_0
1. He will get his after Crash.

2. I do see the irony. Right now, Naughty Dog regrets selling him off.

3. Who cares? Nero said "Get lit!" as a taunt in DMC5, and everyone laughed. Sora did selfies in KH III (a series from the early 2000s) and no one complained. Coco did a selfie as an animation idol in the remake games.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I highly recommend you play 2 & 3. They are vastly better. Smoother control options, Crash is nowhere close to stiff compared to the first game, and there a better levels and music. Going for 100% completion is a pain the ass though to get the true ending for each game. I did 100% runs for 2 & 3 back in the PS1 days, but I do not have the time for it anymore. The Crash Collection has some neat bonuses as being able to play as CoCo in 1 & 2. Time Trials are avaialbe for all games in the collection.
Maybe I'll give it a shot at some point, I think I have a key for the Crash collection from humblebundle.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I have to say, I really like the updated design. He actually looks like a marsupial now, with the pointy nose and the ears. Good job on that front at least.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I am finding myself looking forward to a fun cartoony game that can't possibly have controversy and drama around it.

Though I'm sure we'll see articles later about how the dev team was forced to watch Bandicoot disection videos to make Crash as realistic inside and out as possible.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am finding myself looking forward to a fun cartoony game that can't possibly have controversy and drama around it.

Though I'm sure we'll see articles later about how the dev team was forced to watch Bandicoot disection videos to make Crash as realistic inside and out as possible.
😆

And I'm just waiting for the whole Dark Souls comparisons to come up again from "professional" journalists.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Ah yes, a platformer where you run toward the camera. Hard fucking pass for me.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

And I freaking called it. This game retcons everything after Crash 3.

Here is some more info for those interested. I have it set to start at the 27 minute mark.

Not familiar with how many there’s been but that would make sense if they’re calling it...Crash 4.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not familiar with how many there’s been but that would make sense if they’re calling it...Crash 4.
Not counting the remake, spin-off titles, or GBA games (which are basically like DKC even more now), there have been a total of 7 Crash games. Mind Over Mutant being the last one before the remake. Like I said before, I have no idea what number they're going to call it for Japan, since it ignores everything after Warped. Odds are they will just give the game a subtitle.