The Batman trailer is here

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

Looks alright.

But, that's his Batman voice? I've never seen a Batman that sounded so unintimidating. Give me the growling Christian Bale everybody makes fun of over this. Kevin Conroy was right. Batman should use a different voice when he's Batman.

Reactions: gorfias

faeyr

Escapist +
Apr 10, 2020
Ottawa
Country
Canada
Looks good. I'm looking forward to getting a detective take on live action Batman for once. The voice sounds fine to me. I don't think that'll be anything like his Bruce Wayne voice, and I think there's a bit of growling in there too, when he's getting tased(?) that suggest something a bit more animalistic.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Probably the best reveal from Fandom for me. The action scene they showed off looked great.

The voice is odd, yes, but I prefer it over the meme voice and the robot voice.

I feel like a big dumbass not realizing the Riddler was the big bad at first, but I think it's a great choice for a first villain.

Battinson is amateur Batman, so I think he'll have lots of space to grow.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Yeah, looks pretty alright. I think this looks more interesting than whatever WB was planning with a Ben Affleck solo Batman movie.

Very nitpicky, but I kinda hate Pattinson's Bruce Wayne hair. Makes him look like an emo 15 year old.

Palindromemordnilap

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
Kind of digging it. Got a weird Se7en vibe to it but its a dude in a bat costume in place of Brad Pitt

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Very nitpicky, but I kinda hate Pattinson's Bruce Wayne hair. Makes him look like an emo 15 year old.
I said it when this was announced, I'll say it again now: Pattinson has the wrong physical presence for Bruce Wayne's Batman. He'd have made a great Nightwing or maybe Terry McGinnis's Batman, but he looks too young and scrawny to be Bruce's Batman which relies so much on being physically imposing. I look at 0:52...that is not physically imposing. He somehow seems small.

...And dear me, that splash image for the video...my first thought was legitimately "Wait, that looks like The Crow"

Reactions: Ghostrick Dorklord

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
You know, I just realized something, with this trailer.

Comic book dialogue is really fucking stupid sounding. I cringed when Robert said "I am Vengeance" My brain kept repeating "please no, don't say I'm the night next, and then I'm batman after! Oh phew...good, they stopped there"

But yeah, when they force actual people to say the signature lines from the comics, when they aren't also being somewhat campy with it, but instead are going for "super seriouznezz comic book adult stuff! raar!" It just, sounds really, really dumb.

Back OT: Eh, it looks, ok I guess? I dunno I'm really fucking sick of batman at this point.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I said it when this was announced, I'll say it again now: Pattinson has the wrong physical presence for Bruce Wayne's Batman. He'd have made a great Nightwing or maybe Terry McGinnis's Batman, but he looks too young and scrawny to be Bruce's Batman which relies so much on being physically imposing. I look at 0:52...that is not physically imposing. He somehow seems small.

...And dear me, that splash image for the video...my first thought was legitimately "Wait, that looks like The Crow"
I think it's ok for a Batman that's starting his career. Yes I agree that he's on the small side, but if he's playing a 25 year old Bruce Wayne who has a Batman Year One kind of thing going then I think it can work.

Reactions: MrCalavera

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Looks alright, nice differentiating style to it. Interesting it has the penguin and the riddler involved, going more for a slender penguin if the cast actor is anything to go by ('the slender penguin' sounds like a fun bar for a night out). The riddler is the mute kid from little miss sunshine, surprising but could work, only seen him in one other film where he played an identity stealing serial killer.

Last edited:

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
That's an extremely random (and slightly ironic) choice of a licensed song.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Not gonna lie, I liked it. Nice atmosphere, good looking action, I like the Batmobile being a car again. Although I must confess I thought that Hush was the villain for some odd reason because what appears to be the Riddler here is disturbingly like the Joker in Nygma's skin.

faeyr

Escapist +
Apr 10, 2020
Ottawa
Country
Canada
Not gonna lie, I liked it. Nice atmosphere, good looking action, I like the Batmobile being a car again. Although I must confess I thought that Hush was the villain for some odd reason because what appears to be the Riddler here is disturbingly like the Joker in Nygma's skin.
I think it's possible hush is involved. The Riddler was a large part of that story too. My random speculation is that it seems to be elements of the Hush story mixed in with "year two" elements of The Long Halloween and Dark VIctory mysteries.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
That's an extremely random (and slightly ironic) choice of a licensed song.
Oh yeah, I forgot the song. I really can't stand Nirvana anymore. I remember enjoying them when they were new, but after Cobain died, and every fucking radio station would not stop playing their shit, I realized how little I actually like their songs. So that didn't help my enjoyment of the trailer at all.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh yeah, I forgot the song. I really can't stand Nirvana anymore. I remember enjoying them when they were new, but after Cobain died, and every fucking radio station would not stop playing their shit, I realized how little I actually like their songs. So that didn't help my enjoyment of the trailer at all.
I find it funny people started claiming to be Nirvana fans after Cobain died. Where the hell were you guys and gals were before? Sorta similar to certain section of Linkin Park's fans where they claimed that whenever the band changed styles or did something new, they got their panties in a bunch. All of sudden when Chester hung himself (may the man RIP), those particular section sudden gave a rat's ass about songs, not from LP's first two albums. I am glad Mike and the rest of the band are still going strong and have not stopped.

Back on topic, loving the trailer, and glad to see they're are not making Joker the main villains again. It's time for the Riddler to get his respectful due. I like Jim Carrey, but his Riddler was just another version of the Joker and hamming up the Ace Ventura character with orange hair.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I don't think Hush is mainstream enough to launch a new Batman franchise. Batman Begins didn't have super well known villains but it's wasn't centered on them anyway like Dark Knight or what this movie seems to be going for. I just hope they don't Luthor-in-BvS the Riddler here; ie turn him into the Joker.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So they're going for a Watchmen meets Twilight vibe. Brooding edgy handsome guy in black set to ironic music while hyper violent scenes play out in the background, and every other scene is in slow motion.

Well this certainly will be a movie.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I find it funny people started claiming to be Nirvana fans after Cobain died. Where the hell were you guys and gals were before? Sorta similar to certain section of Linkin Park's fans where they claimed that whenever the band changed styles or did something new, they got their panties in a bunch. All of sudden when Chester hung himself (may the man RIP), those particular section sudden gave a rat's ass about songs, not from LP's first two albums. I am glad Mike and the rest of the band are still going strong and have not stopped.
Oh they've done that with LP too? Huh. I've always liked those guys to a point. I bought their first album and....Meteora I think was the second album? They were both really good. Sort of lost focus on them around that time, and went more EDM/Trance with my preferred music style.

Back on topic, loving the trailer, and glad to see they're are not making Joker the main villains again. It's time for the Riddler to get his respectful due. I like Jim Carrey, but his Riddler was just another version of the Joker and hamming up the Ace Ventura character with orange hair.
Yeah the villain part seems interesting, going more of a Saw/Seven kind of vibe.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
So Bruce will be called Vengeance for the duration of this movie?

Jokes aside, it is a good trailer.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I listened to all the Nirvana studio albums about three years ago and then promptly deleted them all. Was just not impressed at all.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh they've done that with LP too?
Luckily, no. The radio station did give LP extra play time for a couple weeks when Chester died (even the hip-hop), but they only LP songs once in a while. When their songs are played, you will usually find them on Lithium, Octane, or Turbo on XM Radio. It was my anger towards the hyporcitical part of the fandom or those that dropped out, because LP "sold out", only to come crawling back when Chester killed himself. All of the sudden they care about the other songs.

I bought their first album and....Meteora I think was the second album?
Hybrid Theory is the first and Meteora is the second.