Not open for further replies.

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
Assuming that the first killing wasn't in self-defense sure. Was it?
From what we know so far, probably not self defense, unless "someone threw something close to me in a politically charged situation that I deliberately put myself in" counts as "needing to kill in self defense", in which case a lot of the protestors have those grounds as well. Perhaps the person throwing the whateveritwas was doing so in self defense!

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
From what we know so far, probably not self defense, unless "someone threw something close to me in a politically charged situation that I deliberately put myself in" counts as "needing to kill in self defense", in which case a lot of the protestors have those grounds as well. Perhaps the person throwing the whateveritwas was doing so in self defense!
Every protester now has the right to gun down the cops for throwing tear gas.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Granted, and now every cop is justified to return fire.

Oh, wait, this isn't the Monkey's Paw thread...

Aegix Drakan

Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
The cops DID say that when one of them threw BACK the tear gas that it was "assault with a deadly weapon" so, according to the police themselves, they are using a "lethal weapon" on the protestors, ergo, they have the right to self defense! ;)

Reactions: Kae and Buyetyen

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It wasn’t.
Remember that fight at a cafe in Texas (I think) last year. It was all on tape. Someone was annoyed at someone else and pushed them. They pushed back and eventually push them onto the ground. The person on the ground shot the person who pushed. They shooter didn’t get any sentence based on stand your ground doctrine

As far as I’ve seen, you can pretty much murder anyone on the street in the US and get away with it. I wouldn’t be surprised if somehow this shooter would have gotten away with it

Reactions: Buyetyen

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Remember that fight at a cafe in Texas (I think) last year. It was all on tape. Someone was annoyed at someone else and pushed them. They pushed back and eventually push them onto the ground. The person on the ground shot the person who pushed. They shooter didn’t get any sentence based on stand your ground doctrine

As far as I’ve seen, you can pretty much murder anyone on the street in the US and get away with it. I wouldn’t be surprised if somehow this shooter would have gotten away with it
The laws are not universal in the US. Each state has it's own laws and they are all different. Even within the state, each county and city can have their own laws as well. What applies to Texas ONLY applies to Texas, not the US. Texas is referred to as " The Wild West: Where lawlessness ran rampant and the cowboys ruled the land" for a reason. That shit is crazy here. Wisconsin does not have a stand your ground law so the shooter in the cafe would go to jail in Wisconsin.

Aegix Drakan

Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada

From what I understand, the state this shooting took place in isn't a stand your ground state, so the shooter had a duty to retreat, which he did not, making him shooting the first person NOT self defense, at the very least.

But yea in a stand your ground state, he would likely get away scot free.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
From what I understand, the state this shooting took place in isn't a stand your ground state, so the shooter had a duty to retreat, which he did not, making him shooting the first person NOT self defense, at the very least.

That is not wholly true. A state can be neither SYG or DTR, and Wisconsin is neither. It's up to the jury to decide if you should have run or not.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

No because he killed someone while committing another crime, which then disqualifies him for stand your ground. He legally was not able to be there with the gun in the first place so he does not qualify for self defense. Otherwise we would consider armed robbers killing a cashier for attacking them " self defense" and it just does not work that way.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA

Pre-meditation, motive, and not every state has stand your ground laws.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Pre-meditation, motive, and not every state has stand your ground laws.
That’s all wonderful. I just wouldn’t be surprised about some BS being made up to justify it. And it working

Edit: How about I say it this way. You keep pretending that laws work. I think that’s a bad assumption

Reactions: Aegix Drakan

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
That’s all wonderful. I just wouldn’t be surprised about some BS being made up to justify it. And it working

Edit: How about I say it this way. You keep pretending that laws work. I think that’s a bad assumption
Well he isn’t rich and won’t get a Dershowitz to defend him, so it’s extremely unlikely he gets off unless the case is horribly bungled, perhaps internationally.

Edit: on second thought, the feds will almost certainly take over investigation and they tend to hate RW terrorists and will strong arm their way through any judge trying to dismiss their evidence so case bungling is also unlikely.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I want people to read this article:

Specifically this part.

That is words from someone with some goddamed sense. I don't want a bunch of wannabe cops, militia, kicked out military, shooting other people for having a different opinion or because they don't happen to be white. You wanna defends that type of trash. I know why, because you rather ignore atrocities unless it happens to you or people you give an actual shit about. Keep sucking the dicks of assholes, see how far that gets you. Until they no longer need you. I almost wish Johan Libert or Kun Lan did exsist just show how pathetic people like them are. They don't discriminate, they nearly everyone beneath them as insects or toys to be played and tossed asside when broken or no longer have further use.

I'm not surprised Dreiko being favor of the shooter, as he does have a habit of defending shady or heinous shit in Japanese culture. Him bending over backwards here, does not surprise me in the slightest. Dreiko, don't even respond, I have no use for pathetic excuses or your bullshit. Unless you have something relevant to say, I don't want you talking on theads I make. What little respect I have you then, just dropped in to the negativity infinite zone. Don't fucking respond, because I am nothing left to say to you.

But I am heavily dissapointed in Spector, as I thought you of all people would understand.
I would but the Washington Post has a paywall so it can kiss my ass.
Well he isn’t rich and won’t get a Dershowitz to defend him, so it’s extremely unlikely he gets off unless the case is horribly bungled, perhaps internationally.

Edit: on second thought, the feds will almost certainly take over investigation and they tend to hate RW terrorists and will strong arm their way through any judge trying to dismiss their evidence so case bungling is also unlikely.
After Tucker Carlson sings the kid's praises, tho, there'll probably be some rich conservative donor that covers the court costs.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ok, so I go to sleep and when I get up there's 8 pages of people arguing about whether it's ok for a kid to get a gun, go to another state and shoot up a protest.

I'm pretty sure we can deduce what sort of person he is, and what sort of people his apologists are.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Ok guys, I'm getting some illegal firearms and then crossing the border to kill me some gringos, don't worry I'll be fine after I kill the first one the rest are self defense.

Wish me luck.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Ok guys, I'm getting some illegal firearms and then crossing the border to kill me some gringos, don't worry I'll be fine after I kill the first one the rest are self defense.

Wish me luck.
Just claim to be part of the NFAC, and you'll be justified.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The same militia was laughing, and hanging out with police officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.