Armed civilian, 17, shoots 2 dead during Kenosha happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Water being wet is an emergent phenomena from a gathering of molecules, not unique to H2O. There's nothing intrinsic to H2O to make it wet, change my mind.
The dictionary says:
adjective
adjective: wet; comparative adjective: wetter; superlative adjective: wettest
  1. 1.
    covered or saturated with water or another liquid.
[Insert feeble semantic argument here]

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
The dictionary says:
adjective
  1. 1.
[insert 30,000 word linguistics journal article about all the various ways the concept of wetness has been understood in different cultures, assuming such an article exists]

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Seems relevant to motive, and apologies if it's been posted already but I'm not reading 30 goddamned pages to find out:
Oh wow. So this stupid kid was pointing his gun at people and telling them to " get out your car"?! That in itself is another serious crime as well. He took his wannabe cop Roleplaying WAYY too far. This might be okay for a 5 year old with a water gun in his yard, but you start doing this at a protest with loaded gun and this is F'd up.

I am sure the far right will find some way to convince themselves that is somehow ok to do as well.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I am sure the far right will find some way to convince themselves that is somehow ok to do as well.
Assuming they haven't done so years ago. The most antagonistic people are the least prepared to deal with the consequences of their actions.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
The dictionary says:
adjective
  1. 1.
What is the ratio of water molecules to other molecules at which an object is no longer considered covered or saturated in water?

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Seems relevant to motive, and apologies if it's been posted already but I'm not reading 30 goddamned pages to find out:
I vaguely remember posting earlier what do you do when armed terrorists demand you get out of your car. And the usual suspects were all "That would never happen, they're law-abiding militia trying to restore order!"

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
What is the ratio of water molecules to other molecules at which an object is no longer considered covered or saturated in water?
I think it's more about the water molecules adhering to a surface, enough for the water to be observable in some form.
Perhaps one could count the molecules, but it's easier to just ask someone "here, look at this, touch this, does this seem wet to you?"
Alternately a completely covered hydrophobic surface, like a non-stick pan, could never be "wet" even if you completely submerge it in water.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Since I said I'd reply to previous posts, here.

So someone had already assaulted the guy he shot first when they pushed him as seen in your video? The armed guy in the yellow shirt and the guy with the black backpack shoved the guy he shot first back. The militia were actively putting themselves in the middle of the protesters and instigating it from the looks of that.
So Rosenbaum comes up to them saying "SHOOT ME NIGGA!" after they put out a fire and that's the militia antagonizing? Or are you going to say they should just let these people burn stuff? What happens when one of these fires starts spreading to houses and people die? You call that just protesting?

The people were already by the gas station while that fire bin was going on, look in the background. The militia were the ones bringing lethal weapons into a a heated protest about an unarmed man being shot in the back. THAT is a provocation in itself. The cops should have kept them away from the protest like they usually separate protesters and counter protesters in most cities. The police should have removed the militia and only allowed them to stay in a separate area. THIS is called doing your job:
Oh the guy with the pistol that got shot when he tried to kill the kid was just a peaceful protestor? None of these people should have been out there. Why were they doing this at night? Why were they burning property of people with no relation to this? People WILL NOT just let others destroy things forever, especially when they have no connection to anything.

The militia had no business being in the same area as the protesters to begin with as their only purpose for being there was to start shit with the protesters. The protesters were there to protest an unarmed man being shot in the back. HUGE difference. The militia were only there to interfere and instigate with the active ongoing protest to begin with.
The rioters had no business being out there at night burning people's property. You think the guy calling people the N word cared about the black man that was shot? I don't see any signs here, I don't see how spray painting graffiti that says "*****" and "Hoes" says anything to people about a cop shooting someone. In all the videos I've seen it's the rioters that are yelling and being antagonistic.

This is all besides the point too! I posted that video because it was new, not to make some point. I want the truth about all this.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
You're just taking that claim at face value?
He's already guilty here.
I got a chart from /k/ gun nuts
1598818725564.png
Wait for the charges to be changed or just dropped. 2 homicides + 2 reckless endangerment won't fly there. They're doing the intense reporting to influence any future juries so he'd get shafted in the trial, which is why the lawyers will work to not even have those charges get through to court.
I don't like this. The corona shutdowns in democrat strongholds, agitating people, making them crawl on their walls, pumping twitter and news with this this. You think people would care and go on these protests if there was no corona? If they had jobs to go to, places to hang out with their friends, go to games and clubs?
Don't throw your life away friends, stay home, stay safe, stay comfy.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Since I said I'd reply to previous posts, here.

So Rosenbaum comes up to them saying "SHOOT ME NIGGA!" after they put out a fire and that's the militia antagonizing? Or are you going to say they should just let these people burn stuff? What happens when one of these fires starts spreading to houses and people die? You call that just protesting?

Oh the guy with the pistol that got shot when he tried to kill the kid was just a peaceful protestor? None of these people should have been out there. Why were they doing this at night? Why were they burning property of people with no relation to this? People WILL NOT just let others destroy things forever, especially when they have no connection to anything.

The rioters had no business being out there at night burning people's property. You think the guy calling people the N word cared about the black man that was shot? I don't see any signs here, I don't see how spray painting graffiti that says "*****" and "Hoes" says anything to people about a cop shooting someone. In all the videos I've seen it's the rioters that are yelling and being antagonistic.

This is all besides the point too! I posted that video because it was new, not to make some point. I want the truth about all this.
He came out yelling at him because the kid pointed his gun at people in a car and told them to get out of the car and those people told everyone there he was doing that to them. Did you miss that part? The armed guy that got shot later was trying to take down an active shooter. We have no evidence of him doing anything else.

The local protesters protesting an unarmed man being shot in the back had a constitutional right to protest. The kid who crossed state lines to interfere with their right to protest is who had no business being there. The cops failed by not keeping the militia away from the protest as they have at other protests. The protesters would not have been there at all if an unarmed man had not been shot in the back in the first place and the few setting fires do not take away what the majority of the people there were protesting. You seem to have missed the part where all the people were yelling at the kid because he illegally pointed his gun at people in a car and told them to get out of their car. THAT was why they were yelling at him. He wasn't the guy who put out the fire regardless.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I don't like this. The corona shutdowns in democrat strongholds, agitating people, making them crawl on their walls, pumping twitter and news with this this. You think people would care and go on these protests if there was no corona? If they had jobs to go to, places to hang out with their friends, go to games and clubs?
Don't throw your life away friends, stay home, stay safe, stay comfy.
Yes. We done been doing it for years. You just didn't pay attention until now.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Yes. We done been doing it for years. You just didn't pay attention until now.
Lefties have it hard accepting democratic elections, just like how labor couldn't cope with Brexit till it actually happened.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Lefties have it hard accepting democratic elections, just like how labor couldn't cope with Brexit till it actually happened.
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I just said and is really just an immature personal attack. Respond to what I actually say, not what you wish I had said instead. And spare me your fake concern while you're at it.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I just said and is really just an immature personal attack. Respond to what I actually say, not what you wish I had said instead. And spare me your fake concern while you're at it.
The protests following Trump's election, "Not our President", etc.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
What are you even going on about this time? Both the left and the right have been protesting for years. This isn't anything new. You forget all the parades where they chanted " bush is the terrorist" or What about the tea party protests over bailouts? This isn't new, and people from all sorts of backgrounds and beliefs protest. I mean hell we had the whole civil rights movement here.. It is silly to try and spin this as something other than what it is. People are angry, and rightfully so.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
What are you even going on about this time? Both the left and the right have been protesting for years. This isn't anything new. You forget all the parades where they chanted " bush is the terrorist" or What about the tea party protests over bailouts? This isn't new, and people from all sorts of backgrounds and beliefs protest. I mean hell we had the whole civil rights movement here.. It is silly to try and spin this as something other than what it is. People are angry, and rightfully so.
Talking about the whole "Not my President" shtick, women's marches, etc.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The protests following Trump's election, "Not our President", etc.
That was because he lost the popular vote. Anytime you have the majority of people vote for a candidate and then they lose and the electoral college votes in the opponent, you can expect that to happen. When the electoral college is in opposition to the popular vote, you usually have uprisings because the majority of the people elected the other candidate. You expect that to happen regardless of candidate or party affiliation.

Other nations have made everyone's vote equal in their nation, and when you silence the people by making their votes not matter, you expect them to be angry. All votes should be equal in the US and they are not.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
That was because he lost the popular vote. Anytime you have the majority of people vote for a candidate and then they lose and the electoral college votes in the opponent, you can expect that to happen. When the electoral college is in opposition to the popular vote, you usually have uprisings because the majority of the people elected the other candidate. You expect that to happen regardless of candidate or party affiliation.

Other nations have made everyone's vote equal in their nation, and when you silence the people by making their votes not matter, you expect them to be angry. All votes should be equal in the US and they are not.
Other nations? Go talk to UK boys here. They have regional first past the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.