Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
On Steam, Pillars of Eternity has an achievement that requires being a kickstater backer to get. Not sure what to elaborate on.
I just figured there was more to the story then that. I've never heard of an Kickstarter Backer only achievement before.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
The Halo games have a billion achievements, particularly in the Master Chief Collection, and a lot of them are admittedly fun - but there are a bunch, where the idea of them alone makes me want to die.

The ones that I have 0 interest in even attempting are the LASO achievements, where LASO stands for "Legendary, All skulls on"

Legendary is the campaign's hardest difficulty, and skulls are modifiers which aim to make the game even harder. So things like not being able to see your weapon or ANY HUD elements, like reticle, ammo, health, or the one that limits health regeneration to ONLY when you punch an enemy, or my personal least favourite, the one where if you die, the whole level starts over.

Needing to complete an entire campaign like that? No way can I be bothered.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
I just had an attempt at Doom on Ultra Nightmare and I thought I could totally do it. THen I died on the second level and where I thought I'd be starting the level over I instead started the WHOLE CAMPAIGN OVER! My goodness nope!

Well maybe I'll nope anyway. It would be real nice to get that sweetass gold slayer armour to intimidate people online with.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I just had an attempt at Doom on Ultra Nightmare and I thought I could totally do it. THen I died on the second level and where I thought I'd be starting the level over I instead started the WHOLE CAMPAIGN OVER! My goodness nope!

Well maybe I'll nope anyway. It would be real nice to get that sweetass gold slayer armour to intimidate people online with.
Yeah, any ironman type runs where permadeath reigns is a big nope for me.

Hollow Knight's DLC Godmaster is mostly a series of boss rushes, with the grand finale where you have to fight literally every boss and mini-boss in the game(including ones that were optional in the main game), 42 in all, with only a few breaks every half dozen bosses or so(give you a chance to heal and such), but the last 3 bosses are essentially harder versions of endgame bosses, pretty much all in a row. And if you die at ANY point, you have to start the entire boss rush from the beginning.

I watched a video of the entire finale boss rush. 45 minutes. It took me hours to finally beat the final boss, not the upgraded version in the boss rush who is much, much more bullet hellish then the base version(and she's already harder then pretty much all the other bosses in the game). There are two new endings locked behind the boss rush and achievements.

Nope. Not even gonna bother. I'm glad Team Cherry found a way to appeal to the people who don't think the base game is hard enough, especially since they made it optional, but I'm happy to have finished the base game(Fuck you White Palace) and waiting for silksong to drop whenever it's done(very liked a lauch purchase if it's anywhere near as good as HK was).

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

You don’t have a save left from the second level?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I would like to Platinum Uncharted 4 someday, but am relieved that the DLC trophies don’t apply. Apparently the Survivor stuff on Crushing is nigh impossible unless co-oped. Like, even people who’ve beaten the Nathan Drake Collection on the new Brutal difficulty have said it’s too tough.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I'm pretty sure I just ignore achievements completely.

I will often play to unlock hidden, optional levels because it's accessing interesting content. I might waste some time grinding or searching for a decent power-up or item unlock in-game. I might set myself targets (like beating a previous high score) for fun. Easter eggs, I couldn't give much of a shit: just watch someone else's YouTube vid if you want to see it. Achievements like some stupid, pointless badge on the Steam homepage or extra decal on your gun barrel... I absolutely could not care less.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Any multiplayer ones, those are just a grind and not even in a Zen kind of way.

I also have a gripe with difficulty-related trophies, especially if the game makes you beat it the game first to unlock harder difficulties. Just let me punish myself from the get-go, I can handle it!