Another Incident in Portland

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Fuck the forums. Fuck everything. We’re so culture war obsessed we’re holding up our terrorists as the most righteous terrorists and you think there’s some civility to preserve? There’s nothing. We’re gonna burn one another to death and then question for decades how it got this far, when the capacity for this event was there from the first moment men defined a nation. This is what the liberals built, this isn’t surprising, this is the dull hum of nationalism and the violence and isolation that comes with that rising to a dull roar.
You've literally ignored all the information posted before about how Kyle didn't bring the gun with him and tried to aid the people he shot.
You've ignore the actual video showing some of the stuff that went on.......
Hell the guy shot in Portland that people were trying to present as self defence against bear mace actually shot the guy in the back and his arrest warrant suggests evidence he had been stalking the Patriot Prayer guy throughout the evening prior to shooting him.

No
Edit- more verbosely, this shit disgusts me too much. I’m not gonna degrade myself for your pleasure.
It's degrading to have to present evidence and not automatically be believed in your view?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
We also have video evidence of the person running away shooting people
Only after he fell over and said people started trying to attack him.

I dunno about you but I've not known many people who can run away unaided without using their legs.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
He had already fucking murdered a guy. None of that shit will hold given he already killed someone.
He had already killed a guy in self-defense.

You don’t just get to keep killing people who attack you because you killed someone.
If a gang if guys attempts to beat you up and kill you and before they get their hands on you you shoot one of them but they keep coming at you, does that then mean you have to then let all the others just proceed with the beat down? Like, "Welp, that's my one act of self defense today. I guess you got me now guys."?[/QUOTE]

Further, given he is possibly in the process of breaking the law by brandishing a weapon at all, and definitely by breaking curfew,
Wisonsin is an open carry state, just having a weapon on you does not mean you are breaking the law, and if we're going to sue curfew for this then I guess all those rioters also have no claim to self defense for people either sense they were also breaking curfew.

he’s fucked either way as there plenty of precedent to choose from for not acknowledging self-defense if you’re in the process of committing a crime. Even more so if they find anything in his social media to establish motive and a desire to do harm to protesters.
None of that matters, if a person disengages and tries to deescalate a situation and someone ELSE tries to re-escalate it, the onus is on those people trying to re-escalate.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Wisonsin is an open carry state, just having a weapon on you does not mean you are breaking the law, and if we're going to sue curfew for this then I guess all those rioters also have no claim to self defense for people either sense they were also breaking curfew.
None of them were valid self defense. None. Nobody. This is my entire point. Do not shoot people at protests. Doing so will get hundreds killed soon. This is a terrifying precedent to start setting.

Reactions: lil devils x

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Yet people who have also seen all of the same footage see murder.
What happens when they drop the charges and the kid walks?
What happens when the 4 cops arrested with the OG cop get their charges dropped and walk?
What happens when people don't agree with the system's decisions? Mob rule, kangaroo courts, Bane memes irl?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
What happens when they drop the charges and the kid walks?
What happens when the 4 cops arrested with the OG cop get their charges dropped and walk?
What happens when people don't agree with the system's decisions? Mob rule, kangaroo courts, Bane memes irl?
I dunno but maybe we should give it more than a week.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Repeatedly have, but I’m tired of this shit. You guys wanna turn everything into an argument about your favorite murderer have fun.
My favorite murderer would be Brenton "Not-A-Mossad-Asset" Tarrant. He gets points for the "subscribe to pewdiepie" line

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Ok, Mumbler is right. I guess since this is my thread I should follow BrawlMan's example and try to exert some level of control over it.

There, that's a thread all about the Kenosha shooting, go in there and discuss this there. Keep this thread focused on at least Portland.

So get, get, GET, GET!

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yet people who have also seen all of the same footage see murder.
Probably because said people have a narrative to prop up or are suffering a sort of culture shock and are struggling to accept what they saw and how it doesn't gel with their world view and that's me being nice about said people who want Kyle to be convicted of murder.

Repeatedly have, but I’m tired of this shit. You guys wanna turn everything into an argument about your favorite murderer have fun.
So this is a Genghis Khan thread now?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
My favorite murderer would be Brenton "Not-A-Mossad-Asset" Tarrant. He gets points for the "subscribe to pewdiepie" line
You could also just take a moment to reflect on how political beliefs based on fear, hatred, and "othering" people inevitably leads to violence.

Much easier to just blame "teh Joos" instead, I guess. kek.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You could also just take a moment to reflect on how political beliefs based on fear, hatred, and "othering" people inevitably leads to violence.

Or "The Red Hats"

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine

I'm impressed at the quality of the go-pro footage, that mass-murdering ************ made me unable to play an FPS shooter in my life ever again

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas

Ok, so I know that I'm here shitposting again but guys, can you please contain your arguments to their relevant threads? This one is about the man shot at a protest in Portland, yet we have had that anime thread show up here and now this thread is just straight "Kenosha thread part 2: electric boogaloo". All this negativity is flowing out into the rest of the forums like a busrt dam.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Probably because said people have a narrative to prop up or are suffering a sort of culture shock and are struggling to accept what they saw and how it doesn't gel with their world view and that's me being nice about said people who want Kyle to be convicted of murder.
You’re having so much fun presuming that I’m suffering culture shock at all here given I have been in a riot already and am in no way under some illusions. Watched a guy throw a brick at a store window for Instagram fame. It was a Sprint store so I don’t care, but whatever. If I have a narrative to prop up, it is quite simple, do not bring guns to, or even have a gun at, a protest unless you’re well coordinated with others so nobody winds up fucking dead. This is something I happily apply to “my side” given my stance on the actual fucking subject matter of the thread you keep derailing with terror apologetics (I’m sure you’ll try to make an argument out of disproving that barb but I don’t fucking care).

As for any other shock, yeah, I don’t like seeing people shot in the head. Surprising. Maybe someone so detatched from the human suffering of others as yourself may enjoy such spectacles, but I do not. Watching a person die, let alone two people die, isn’t fun. Doing so to appease your sick demand that I prove their deaths weren’t righteous isn’t any more fun.