Another Incident in Portland

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
More like "we have video evidence of him pulling a gun on someone who was trying to run away"
We also have video evidence of the person running away shooting people

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
But "he got shot, therefore he was trying to execute someone" holds water.
"He shot that man officer!"

"He was trying to strangle my wife!"

"Well he didn't get to so you're guilty of murder!"

Do you not understand the multitudes of instances where your logic would throw our laws off the table and into the depths of the earth?

We also have video evidence of the person running away shooting people
This is disingenuous as shit. Ran away. Didn't shoot anyone. Still running. Doesn't shoot anyone. Gets hit in the back of the head. Still doesn't shoot anyone. Trips. Still doesn't shoot anyone. Guy tries to flying kick him. Shoots at person attacking him, misses. Guy hits him with a skateboard and tries to take his gun. Shoot him. Guy walks up, lifts his hands up and backs off, doesn't get shot. Guy runs up and lifts his hands up, doesn't get shot, goes back in with his pistol and gets arm shot. Guy walks up, raises his hands up and backs off, doesn't get shot.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
This is disingenuous as shit. Ran away. Didn't shoot anyone. Still running. Doesn't shoot anyone. Get hit in the back of the head. Still doesn't shoot anyone. Trips. Still doesn't shoot anyone. Guy tries to flying kick him. Shoot at person attacking him, misses. Guy hits him with a skateboard and tries to take his gun. Shot. Guy walks up, lifts his hands up and backs off, doesn't get shot. Guy runs up and lifts his hands up, doesn't get shot, goes back in with his pistol and gets arm shot. Guy walks up, raises his hands up and backs off, doesn't get shot.
He had already fucking murdered a guy. None of that shit will hold given he already killed someone. You don’t just get to keep killing people who attack you because you killed someone. Further, given he is possibly in the process of breaking the law by brandishing a weapon at all, and definitely by breaking curfew, he’s fucked either way as there plenty of precedent to choose from for not acknowledging self-defense if you’re in the process of committing a crime. Even more so if they find anything in his social media to establish motive and a desire to do harm to protesters.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Fallacy: Begging the question. You cannot assume that the point you're trying to prove is true, and use that as evidence that the point you're trying to prove is true.
When the world operates in accordance with your debate club I’ll give a fuck. Go kick a football.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Houseman, I’m not saying the other people get to plea self defense. In all likelihood, *nobody will.* The dude with a handgun may go to jail too, and I wouldn’t be fucking surprised, because they are all provoking one another by mindlessly waving guns around in a chaotic situation. You’re operating under the false presumption that to condemn the kid you’re defending everything possibly done or contemplated being done to him. That’s false.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
So you don't care about logic? Okay. Then you admit that your argument isn't logical. Thanks for playing.
I don’t care about Aristotle’s bullshit, no.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Houseman, I’m not saying the other people get to plea self defense. In all likelihood, *nobody will.* The dude with a handgun may go to jail too, and I wouldn’t be fucking surprised, because they are all provoking one another by mindlessly waving guns around in a chaotic situation. You’re operating under the false presumption that to condemn the kid you’re defending everything possibly done or contemplated being done to him. That’s false.
The law clearly says that if you are withdrawing, you can claim self-defense.
The law says one thing, and you say another.
I'ma side with the law.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
The law clearly says that if you are withdrawing, you can claim self-defense.
The law says one thing, and you say another.
I'ma side with the law.
Ignoring where the law puts more stipulations up on claiming self-defense if you’re in the process of committing a crime, and more federal precedents regarding these kinds of scenarios when the defendant has motive and there’s evidence they showed up with the intent to do harm (Charlottesville). Stop fucking internet lawyering and just admit the kid killed people and that it was wrong to do so. This isn’t fucking hard.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Stop fucking internet lawyering and just admit the kid killed people and that it was wrong to do so. This isn’t fucking hard.
Nah, all available evidence is on my side and all you have is "no it isn't!"

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States

Ok, so I know that I'm here shitposting again but guys, can you please contain your arguments to their relevant threads? This one is about the man shot at a protest in Portland, yet we have had that anime thread show up here and now this thread is just straight "Kenosha thread part 2: electric boogaloo". All this negativity is flowing out into the rest of the forums like a busrt dam.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Nah, all available evidence is on my side and all you have is "no it isn't!"
Because it fucking isn’t! This is identical to the arguments about Charlottesville! Do you remember how that turned out! Do you have a memory that goes back three years!
Edit - you also deleted the fucking part where I explain why your evidence doesn’t amount to shit, but hey let’s all be twelve year old debate club nerds more obsessed with winning points than reaching truth.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Yes, if you ignore everything I say it sure looks like that’s all I said.
You wanna bring evidence to the table? Then post some links. Otherwise, all you have is "no it isn't!" and "logic is wrong!"

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA

Ok, so I know that I'm here shitposting again but guys, can you please contain your arguments to their relevant threads? This one is about the man shot at a protest in Portland, yet we have had that anime thread show up here and now this thread is just straight "Kenosha thread part 2: electric boogaloo". All this negativity is flowing out into the rest of the forums like a busrt dam.
Fuck the forums. Fuck everything. We’re so culture war obsessed we’re holding up our terrorists as the most righteous terrorists and you think there’s some civility to preserve? There’s nothing. We’re gonna burn one another to death and then question for decades how it got this far, when the capacity for this event was there from the first moment men defined a nation. This is what the liberals built, this isn’t surprising, this is the dull hum of nationalism and the violence and isolation that comes with that rising to a dull roar.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
You wanna bring evidence to the table? Then post some links. Otherwise, all you have is "no it isn't!" and "logic is wrong!"
No
Edit- more verbosely, this shit disgusts me too much. I’m not gonna degrade myself for your pleasure.

Reactions: Kae and Houseman

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ignoring where the law puts more stipulations up on claiming self-defense if you’re in the process of committing a crime, and more federal precedents regarding these kinds of scenarios when the defendant has motive and there’s evidence they showed up with the intent to do harm (Charlottesville). Stop fucking internet lawyering and just admit the kid killed people and that it was wrong to do so. This isn’t fucking hard.
Except he wasn't in the process of committing a crime.
I you're arguing he was what crime was he committing again?

As for intentto harm.
  • Kyle works in Kenosha as a Lifeguard
  • He was there with his medical kit bag
  • The gun wasn't his it was given to him by the lot owner
  • He was at the lot because apparently the owner had asked for help and the call got to him.
    Reports suggest Kyle had previously given first aid to protesters earlier in the night.
    He attempted to give first aid to the first guy he shot but then backed off and in footage can be seen calling an ambulance
  • After trying to withdraw from the situation he was chased and fell over.
    While on the floor he was attacked
  • He shot those attacking him
  • He was approached by some-one with his hands up seemingly surrendering.
    Said person then tried to pull a gun and was shot in the arm.
    Kyle then reportedly tried to aid those he'd shot but was chased off.
So no there is 0 evidence he showed up with the intent to cause harm and the only reason people are saying this seems to be bias because he wasn't on the exact same political page as people. So please cool those damn rustled Jimmies because killing some-one IN SELF DEFENCE is regrettable and unfortunate but I won't say wrong to do.

Because it fucking isn’t! This is identical to the arguments about Charlottesville! Do you remember how that turned out! Do you have a memory that goes back three years!
Edit - you also deleted the fucking part where I explain why your evidence doesn’t amount to shit, but hey let’s all be twelve year old debate club nerds more obsessed with winning points than reaching truth.
No it's not identical to Charlottesville. There's literal video and multiple picture from different angles in this case. It would be hard to find a more clear cut case of self defence.