Kamala Harris says she wouldn't trust Trump on safety of Covid vaccine before election

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
* Reminds me of having to give the bear the shots at the clinic so the kids know they will be okay too.* XD
Wait, you take the shots in front of the kids to get them to take them?

What happened to lollipops?

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Wait, you take the shots in front of the kids to get them to take them?

What happened to lollipops?
We usually give them to the bear, but if we actually do have an adult on hand who needs a shot too at the time we are giving them to little ones, we have given them to adults in front of kids before so they see it doesn't hurt us and we get to pick out a cute cartoon character bandaid as well. I have received a shot in front of kids too. (This is easy to do when everyone would get our annual flu shots at the clinic)

We do not hand out lollipops anymore though, we hand out stickers, sticker books, crayons and coloring books though. Sometimes we get really cool toy prizes donated to give out to kids by medical supply and equipment or pharmaceutical reps. The flying monkeys were fun. :D

Just in case you misunderstood, we have a " Vaccine Teddy Bear" that we used to show kids how to get vaccinated so they understood what was happening to them and were not afraid.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Never had to take the flu shot. Played a lot as a kid in the dirt, so I hardly ever got sick.
I played in the dirt too. Far more than most given I grew up on a reservation and then a farm. I still got sick. I still get a flu shot every year now. The last time I got the flu without a flu shot I was severely ill. Even when getting the flu after getting a flu shot, it is so much more mild due to the shot so is still better.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Kamala Harris is an anti-vaxxer confirmed

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Kamela Harris is not antivaxxer.

"This dangerous decision not to administer vaccinations for a disease that has already proven fatal to migrant children in CBP's custody is immoral and irresponsible, placing entire communities at risk of the flu and its associated complications," wrote the senators in their letter. "CBP must do more to ensure the health of migrant families under its care, and we strongly urge the agency to reconsider its plan not to vaccinate those in its custody."

Not trusting Trump =\= not Trusting in vaccinations. Most people do not trust Trump for good reason.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I just don't trust pharmaceutical companies and the toxic political climate that is influencing the process of the vaccine. If the virus came out after the election, then I wouldn't be so worried.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I just don't trust pharmaceutical companies and the toxic political climate that is influencing the process of the vaccine. If the virus came out after the election, then I wouldn't be so worried.
The virus came out *because* of the election, silly

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The major Pharmaceutical players have too much to lose by releasing an unsafe ineffective vaccine in this case due to the sheer size of the spotlight on them. They can't afford for this to go wrong and too much to gain from getting this right. They would be better off not releasing the vaccine at all than releasing a bad vaccine. They ALL want to be the hero that saves the world. NONE of them want to be the one who screwed it up. Purdue, the company involved with Oxycontin is not involved with the COVID-19 vaccine. You have to keep in mind that each of these companies are all separate entities.

Right now, the companies who are in phase 3 of their Vaccination trials in the US are Pfizer, BioNTech , AstraZeneca , and Moderna.

Last edited:

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Given how rushed the vaccine is. I have already told my family, and friends not to take it when it first comes out. They rushed the first, second, and third phrase testing trials, and are likely rushing the manufacturing.

It's also likely to go to first responders, front line healthcare workers, and the elderly before it gets to me.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Pfizer is expecting initial results one way or the other in late October:

Oxford's AstraZenca just started their phase 3 in the US, but had already been testing in the UK:

Moderna is at 71% enrollment in their phase 3 trial:

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Given how rushed the vaccine is. I have already told my family, and friends not to take it when it first comes out. They rushed the first, second, and third phrase testing trials, and are likely rushing the manufacturing.

It's also likely to go to first responders, front line healthcare workers, and the elderly before it gets to me.
You'll get a lot of sick doctors and EMTs before you'll get the chance to try the vaccine

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
You'll get a lot of sick doctors and EMTs before you'll get the chance to try the vaccine
We already have had a lot of sick doctors and EMT's. Even more than ever should have because Trump's administration denied first responders access to PPE.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...er-showing-intensifying-symptoms-of-covid-19/

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I think this will all just turn out like the Spanish Influenza. Hundreds of scientists will work around the clock to desperately find a cure only for the virus to naturally peter out and life moves on.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Given how rushed the vaccine is.
They aren't necesarily "rushed" in a bad way.

Normally a project will have X much resources, and there are limitations on how fast it can be done due to these: funding and staffing for R&D, access to patients, regulatory bureaucracy, etc. In crisis, the system can "clear the decks", so to speak, and dedicate resources and streamline procedure intensively.

For instance, if organisations like the NHS (UK) or NIH (USA) throw their resources in, trials can be done extremely quickly. However, this isn't done regularly because it's paid from public funds, and in normal circumstances it's up to the pharmaceutical firm to pay. Similarly, you imagine the average regulatory agency such as the FDA, bureaucracy shuffles through at a normal work rate pace. If you have a drug/vaccine that is flagged "urgent", then when the paperwork arrives you drop everything, sort it out and pass it on, hold an emergency ad hoc committee meeting instead of waiting for the normal scheduled one, etc.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
They aren't necesarily "rushed" in a bad way.

Normally a project will have X much resources, and there are limitations on how fast it can be done due to these: funding and staffing for R&D, access to patients, regulatory bureaucracy, etc. In crisis, the system can "clear the decks", so to speak, and dedicate resources and streamline procedure intensively.

For instance, if organisations like the NHS (UK) or NIH (USA) throw their resources in, trials can be done extremely quickly. However, this isn't done regularly because it's paid from public funds, and in normal circumstances it's up to the pharmaceutical firm to pay. Similarly, you imagine the average regulatory agency such as the FDA, bureaucracy shuffles through at a normal work rate pace. If you have a drug/vaccine that is flagged "urgent", then when the paperwork arrives you drop everything, sort it out and pass it on, hold an emergency ad hoc committee meeting instead of waiting for the normal scheduled one, etc.
Is the Russian vaccine rushed?

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Is the Russian vaccine rushed?
Depends what you mean.

The basic pre-trial scientific development time is comparable to other vaccines, and it is entering more extensive trials in a time frame similar to other vaccines. This would suggest that notionally, at a scientific level it is following a development course similar to others. That said, there are significant concerns. Firstly, a lack of transparency in supporting information about its development, and suggestions of ethical breaches in the safety trials. Either might lead to rejected approval in many countries.

If we mean approval, Russia has most definitely rushed approval for use (in Russia) as it plainly had not completed (or even started) the trials normally demanded. I don't see other countries ready to approve it for that reason, or much evidence of it being rolled out in Russia despite approval. That (and the name) is why I think the approval was a PR stunt by the Russian government: they wanted to put up Russia to the world as a country that could keep pace with the West, Japan, China, etc. If the vaccine ends up effective and well used, great. If not, oh well. But they got their headlines even if the latter is true.