trump unveils supreme court nominee list

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
In an effort to bolster his base by showing what kind of supreme court justice he will nominate for the highest bench in the office if hes elected. Said list includes the likes of ted cruz, tom cotton, and josh hawley. You might notice those names are sitting conservative senators, which is weird. I don't know offhand about the other two but cruz is a massive piece of shit so the thought of him on the bench is fun. But, I suppose Biden's nominees would be worse. >.>

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Tom Cotton make Ted Cruz seem like a beautiful unicorn. Cruz is a Libertarian. Cotton is closer to David Duke

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Well, at least it's not Judge Judy?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Hey, whatcha got against JJ?
I find that show dumbs down complex issues and is cheapening the justice system to just give catharsis to the viewer. Also she was one of the 3 vocal people who supported Bloomberg's run so she's clearly not very good at judging things lol.

Reactions: Gergar12

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I find that show dumbs down complex issues and is cheapening the justice system to just give catharsis to the viewer.
Well that's daytime television for you. Also why she didn't get picked; can't watch Fox News and Judge Judy at the same time.

Anyway, I thought the general rule of thumb was judges, not random politicians as nominees. The best part is Trump trying to goad the Democrats into releasing their own list.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I find that show dumbs down complex issues and is cheapening the justice system to just give catharsis to the viewer. Also she was one of the 3 vocal people who supported Bloomberg's run so she's clearly not very good at judging things lol.
Oh yeah, forgot the Bloomberg thing. Mainly because I’ve seen about 20 mins of her show and was never interestEd in following her again.

So, she’s a terrible judge then

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Is there a reason you think that other than the R next to his name?
Ted Cruz argued for a ban on sex toys in Texas. He believes homosexuality is a choice. He's opposed to gay marriage. He's transphobic. He's argued in favour of right-to-work laws designed to cripple labour unions. He opposes Net Neutrality. He is a climate change denier. He is in favour of mass surveillance. He wants to abolish the IRS and institute a flat tax. He supports the war on drugs. A great deal of what is loathsome about the Republican party is personified in Ted Cruz.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Is there a reason you think that other than the R next to his name?
Well, 09philj beat me to it, but yeah, those reasons. An R can make a case for fiscal responsibility, but when they go into social conservatism then they start approaching the 'piece of shit' box, which cruz has started furnishing since hes not leaving that box.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Let us not forget that Cruz is also complicit in the entire impeachment debacle, I don't think we need any other reason to condemn every single republican that contributed to that mess.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
This handily just bulked my kill list up to a nice round number, so thanks I guess Donnie boy.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Ted Cruz argued for a ban on sex toys in Texas.
As his job as the state's lawyer, not out of personal belief.
He believes homosexuality is a choice. He's opposed to gay marriage. He's transphobic.
You're not going to find him saying these things.
He's argued in favour of right-to-work laws designed to cripple labour unions.
Good.
He opposes Net Neutrality.
2 years later, I've yet to see the internet apocalypse.
He is a climate change denier.
He's a "green" political nonsense opponent, as well he should be.
He is in favour of mass surveillance.
Has authored bills prohibiting mass surveillance.
He wants to abolish the IRS and institute a flat tax.
A flat tax with maintained tax credits and generous deductions isn't really all that flat.
He supports the war on drugs.
Drugs are bad, mmkay.
A great deal of what is loathsome about the Republican party is personified in Ted Cruz.
I'm a Republican. So is Ted Cruz. As it turns out, we have many agreements.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
2 years later, I've yet to see the internet apocalypse.
Nobody wants to make a splash and get the issue back in the news, but it's happening. It's bad because most of the country doesn't actually have much of a choice where they get their internet from

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Nobody wants to make a splash and get the issue back in the news, but it's happening. It's bad because most of the country doesn't actually have much of a choice where they get their internet from
People not having a choice where to get their internet is a different issue, and the first example of things going wrong is free HBO?

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Well, that's sure a list with a load of people not famed for their judicial wisdom and insight.

I didn't realise the net was going to be cast as a widely as "very conservative with a law degree".

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Well, that's sure a list with a load of people not famed for their judicial wisdom and insight.

I didn't realise the net was going to be cast as a widely as "very conservative with a law degree".
His List, and timing is meant to try and draw support from regions he was losing it. Looks like he thought of who would likely make the WORST supreme court picks of all time and then decided to go with it. Doesn't surprise me though, he does that with most things.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Someone mentioned relief that Judge Judy isn't one of the picks, but she might be more qualified, what with actually having served as a judge. Ok, you could argue a reality tv host in the Supreme Court would diminish the prestige of the institution, but if America is fine with putting one in the Oval Office, why not on the bench?

Reactions: Mister Mumbler