trump unveils supreme court nominee list

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Saying that Trump has done nothing good and everything bad is the same as saying that Obama has done everything bad and nothing good.

It's clearly indicative of ulterior motives
If you can bring up 5 good things hes done then fucken go for it.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
His only concern is personal financial benefit, that and he is terrified if he loses, he will be prosecuted for everything he has done and he and some of his children will go to jail.
I would say more accurately his concern is personal status. It's why he keeps making up awards and claims to receive them. And yes, jail too. I'd say on an emotional level he's scared out of his mind of being seen as a loser.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

There's over 123 in there (minus 2 that are false), knock yourself out.
Welp, I'm going to assume you're just talking about the first 5 so lets see.

The first is 3 bills he signed that was part of bipartisan efforts in congress and it sounds like most of the credit should go to the members of congress who sponsored the bills, in fact it sounds like the last bill mentioned, the federal recognition of the Little Shell Tribe was tucked into his massive military spending bill. So no credit there.

The next is space force, which is just stupid.

The third is a bill making cruelty to animals a federal felony, but again, bipartisan group in congress.

4th. Violent crime falling really isn't because of him, its been falling steadily since 1999.

And finally the fifth one, well he signed a bill making CBD and Hemp legal, but again, that is congress inserting that into the 2018 farm bill so they probably deserve more credit for that than him.

So none of this is really from him, at best he stumbled into doing it.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Welp, I'm going to assume you're just talking about the first 5
That's called cherry-picking.

Look how far you are willing to go in order to avoid critical thought. You're going to take a list of a 121 alleged accomplishments, ignore all of them but the first five, go through mental gymnastics in order to dismiss them, and then claim that you're still justified in your belief that Trump did nothing good and everything bad.

You're really no different than the "Obama did everything bad and nothing good" people.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

Look how far you are willing to go in order to avoid critical thought. You're going to take a list of a 121 alleged accomplishments, ignore all of them but the first five, go through mental gymnastics in order to dismiss them, and then claim that you're still justified in your belief that Trump did nothing good and everything bad.

You're really no different than the "Obama did everything bad and nothing good" people.
No, I asked for 5, you gave me a list, I want with the first 5. If you wanted something more then you should have chosen better. You should have given me the best ones on that list that prove your point, you did not.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
No, I asked for 5, you gave me a list, I want with the first 5. If you wanted something more then you should have chosen better. You should have given me the best ones on that list that prove your point, you did not.
You're welcome to find your own "best ones" from that list of 121, but you're not going to, because you aren't genuinely looking for that information.
Just like the "Obama did everything bad" people weren't interested in looking for information that he didn't do everything bad.
They call that "bad faith".

Last edited:

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
You're welcome to find your own "best ones" from that list of 121, but you're not going to, because you aren't genuinely looking for that information.
Just like the "Obama did everything bad" people weren't interested in looking for information that he didn't do everything bad.
They call that "bad faith".
Ok, then I stand by those first 5 since that is obviously the argument you are trying to make and he hasn't done shit good. I'm not going to steel man your argument or do your research for you, you fucken do it. I've defended you before and I'm through with it after how you argued before and now so you are on your own.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Ok, then I stand by those first 5
So you stand by cherry-picking. Great. You're just as bad as the "Obama did nothing good" people.
When presented with a list of over 100 alleged accomplishments, you arbitrarily pick five, dismiss them because they're not up to your personal standards of what constitutes an "accomplishment" and ignore the other 100.

You're cherry-picking, and you're not acting in good faith.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So you stand by cherry-picking. Great. You're just as bad as the "Obama did nothing good" people.
When presented with a list of over 100 alleged accomplishments, you arbitrarily pick five, dismiss them because they're not up to your personal standards of what constitutes an "accomplishment" and ignore the other 100.

You're cherry-picking, and you're not acting in good faith.
Oh holy shit, you don't know what cherry picking is. Cherry picking would be if I went through the list and picked out the worst examples. I chose an arbitrary range and decided those were the 5 you wanted. And that range was 1-5. You are the one who is not acting on good faith by expecting me to do your research for you.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You are the one who is not acting on good faith by expecting me to do your research for you.
I did the research and gave you a list of 121, but you arbitrarily (by your own admission), ignored 116 of them.

Call it cherry-picking, or call it something else, you ignored evidence when it was presented to you.

You're just as bad as the "Obama did nothing good and everything bad" people.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I did the research and gave you a list of 121, but you arbitrarily (by your own admission), ignored 116 of them.

Call it cherry-picking, or call it something else, you ignored evidence when it was presented to you.

You're just as bad as the "Obama did nothing good and everything bad" people.
You did the bare minimum of looking that up. I can hardly call that research, if you had actually read through it then maybe, I can tell you didn't because if you did then you would have given me 5. As it stands you have presented me no evidence but a link you didn't read.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
You are the one who is not acting on good faith by expecting me to do your research for you.
While this is true, the whole "not acting in good faith" thing makes it pointless to point that out. Best to move on, I'd say.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
As it stands you have presented me no evidence
"Watch as I prove how open-minded and reasonable I am by ignoring 121 of Trump's alleged accomplishments, save 5! I am definitely acting in good faith and I am not at all similar to those "Obama did nothing good" people I despise so much! Unlike them I am totally justified in my "Trump did nothing good" stance!"

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
While this is true, the whole "not acting in good faith" thing makes it pointless to point that out. Best to move on, I'd say.
Yeah pretty much, its a shame that houseman is kind of a lost cause at this point.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Ah yes, people are 'lost causes' because they think "Trump did nothing good and everything bad" is an unreasonable statement to make.
That's a totally healthy mindset to have. Just block out everybody who doesn't fall in lock-step with your political views. Perfectly healthy.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ah yes, people are 'lost causes' because they think"Trump did nothing good and everything bad" is an unreasonable statement to make.
That's a totally healthy mindset to have. Just block out everybody who doesn't fall in lock-step with your political views. Perfectly healthy.
No, its because you are arguing in a tremendously bad faith way. You keep bringing up things that are totally off topic, you refuse to actually make an argument and bring more then a link, and you whine and moan when I use examples from that link YOU sent. That is why you are a lost cause, cause you won't actually make your point.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You keep bringing up things that are totally off topic
This whole time I've only been talking about Trump's 116 alleged accomplishments that you've been ignoring.
And you're ignoring them because you're not interested in changing your views.
Which means you're not acting in good faith.

I've shown you the evidence.
You plug your ears and shut your eyes.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
This whole time I've only been talking about Trump's 116 alleged accomplishments that you've been ignoring.
And you're ignoring them because you're not interested in changing your views.
Which means you're not acting in good faith.

I've shown you the evidence.
You plug your ears and shut your eyes.
And we go in a circle again, with me asking for 5 and you insisting I read all the ones on the page. I chose the first 5, they didn't meet your liking and now you whine that I didn't do your research for you. Fun fun fun.

304770__safe_artist-colon-superedit_edit_rarity_glasses_idw_reaction+image.png