trump unveils supreme court nominee list

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
they didn't meet your liking
You mean they didn't mean YOUR liking. You were the ones that dismissed them for arbitrary reasons and then ignored the other 116 for similarly arbitrary reasons.

Almost as if you never intended to change your views in the first place.

Kind of like someone saying "show me 5 seconds of MLP and if I don't cry tears of laughter, it's not a good show!"
Surely you would think that such a person who says such a thing isn't acting in good faith, right?

Last edited:

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Because why would I bother? If at this point if someone thinks what hes done is really open to negotiation as to being good for the nation or world then they probably have their head so far up their butt that any attempt to dissuade them would be a waste of time. Hes openly corrupt, hes done massive amounts of damage to our international reputation, we are closer to war with china then ever, he pretty much just let almost 200k (or past that depending on when you read this) die, and thats not even getting into all the little things that are too numerous to go into but will fuck us over in many ways for years to come.
Trump brings peace to the middle east.
TDS-stricken people still think he did nothing good for the world.

This kind of simplistic and deterministic thinking makes me think nothing would change your mind on this. This guy is polarizing af

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Trump brings peace to the middle east.
TDS-stricken people still think he did nothing good for the world.

This kind of simplistic and deterministic thinking makes me think nothing would change your mind on this. This guy is polarizing af
No, he really didn't. He managed to get a few other countries to recognize Israel which is something but he also burned a lot of bridges by recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and moving the US embassy there. Not to mention the shitstorm from assassinating the Iranian general on the Iraquie airbase. And this isn't even mentioning pulling us out of the nuclear deal with Iran which was a profoundly stupid thing to do. But, you also don't care about that, you are a trump fan so nothing brought up against him will matter to you.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
No, he really didn't. He managed to get a few other countries to recognize Israel which is something but he also burned a lot of bridges by recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and moving the US embassy there. Not to mention the shitstorm from assassinating the Iranian general on the Iraquie airbase. And this isn't even mentioning pulling us out of the nuclear deal with Iran which was a profoundly stupid thing to do. But, you also don't care about that, you are a trump fan so nothing brought up against him will matter to you.
Pulling out of the nuclear deal was a good move.
Assassinating the Iranian general was a good move.
Moving the embassy was a good move.
"Trump-fan" I think you guys forget who you are talking with sometimes.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I mean, there are also peace talks with the Taliban going on currently. Trump tried to personally accelerate that process a year ago, but got reamed for trying to bring peace negotiators to America too close to 9/11 of all things. The man is trying to get out of Afghanistan, it's not anyone else's project that he's just putting his name on, and it is as literal a sense of pushing for peace in the Middle East as you can be. Are you willing to credit that?

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Pulling out of the nuclear deal was a good move.
Assassinating the Iranian general was a good move.
Moving the embassy was a good move.
"Trump-fan" I think you guys forget who you are talking with sometimes.
Says the Israeli who doesn’t think Palestinians exist.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Glad we’re all on the same page regarding your concern for other people of the Middle East and what exactly “peace” in the region means for you.
We should have never let 30,000 gangsters and their families walk into our country armed and organized to run the people they claim to represent only because Syria wanted to fuck with us in the 50s and 60s, the Jordanian King stripped them of their citizenship in the late 80s and the US pressured us to do it in the early 90s. Oslo was a grave mistake.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Trump isn't creating peace in the Middle East: he's building a war coalition against Iran.

I mean, there are also peace talks with the Taliban going on currently... it is as literal a sense of pushing for peace in the Middle East as you can be. Are you willing to credit that?
I think what you mean is he's effectively handing Afghanistan back to the Taliban: "pushing for peace" is a euphemism for accepting defeat.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
We should have never let 30,000 gangsters and their families walk into our country armed and organized to run the people they claim to represent only because Syria wanted to fuck with us in the 50s and 60s, the Jordanian King stripped them of their citizenship in the late 80s and the US pressured us to do it in the early 90s. Oslo was a grave mistake.
Yes. The British shouldn't have let tens of thousands of invading European colonists into the area back before 1947 to cause this generations-long mess, either. But we all have to accept what's done is done.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Better the losers just die, I presume?
Edit- something fucked up, idk

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
you realize they were refugees in the late 30s and 40s?
Once again, the British setup concentration camps in their colonies constantly. That they used them for Jewish refugees in Palestine should be no surprise, given they used them for Jewish refugees in Britain.
Then they should’ve gone...?

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Once again, the British setup concentration camps in their colonies constantly. That they used them for Jewish refugees in Palestine should be no surprise, given they used them for Jewish refugees in Britain.

Then they should’ve gone...?
Which shows Agema's point to be false and reductionist

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You're wrong.
No, I'm not, because the amount that had emigrated by then were already causing a civil disorder clusterfuck.

Gotta hand it to Israel, though. It learned well enough from all that European colonial history that if you can kick people off their land and generally kill them enough, that land's yours to keep. If only they'd been able to start 50 years earlier, they could have done a proper ethnic cleansing - but sadly, Israel was a little late in the game and the world had started to frown on mass expulsion and dispossession of native populations by then.