trump unveils supreme court nominee list

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Which shows Agema's point to be false and reductionist
Sure. I’d say instead that Israel’s past and present existence as a liberal colonialist project is wretched. Britain’s responsibility boils down to carving up the Ottoman Empire for their own profit then setting up puppet kingdoms when they left that were ruled by wretched autocrats.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
No, I'm not, because the amount that had emigrated by then were already causing a civil disorder clusterfuck.

Gotta hand it to Israel, though. It learned well enough from all that European colonial history that if you can kick people off their land and generally kill them enough, that land's yours to keep. If only they'd been able to start 50 years earlier, they could have done a proper ethnic cleansing - but sadly, Israel was a little late in the game and the world had started to frown on mass expulsion and dispossession of native populations by then.
what are you talking about? The world doesn't care about us anymore. It's too busy.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
No, I'm not, because the amount that had emigrated by then were already causing a civil disorder clusterfuck.

Gotta hand it to Israel, though. It learned well enough from all that European colonial history that if you can kick people off their land and generally kill them enough, that land's yours to keep. If only they'd been able to start 50 years earlier, they could have done a proper ethnic cleansing - but sadly, Israel was a little late in the game and the world had started to frown on mass expulsion and dispossession of native populations by then.
Oh, how optimistic a view to hold of modernity’s tolerance or lack thereof regarding ethnic cleansing.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
You know about my country as much I know about your city.
I was actually going to refer to apologetics for ethnic cleansing in other regions of the world but if you wanna get offended go right ahead. That bit wasn’t about Israel.
Edit- honestly, my examples of modern society not giving a shit about ethnic cleansing would’ve been Natives in the Americas and Australia or the Saudis/Hindu Nationalists/CCP just doing away with ethnic groups they don’t like. Israel wouldn’t have made my list for an actual ethnic cleansing until they decided to start pulling some real late Apartheid shit and try killing all the bad brownies by poisoning them with LSD.

Last edited:

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I was actually going to refer to apologetics for ethnic cleansing in other regions of the world but if you wanna get offended go right ahead. That bit wasn’t about Israel.
what is there to apologize for?

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
what is there to apologize for?
Apologetics refers to the practice of "reasoned" argument in justification of an idea. You most often hear it used in the context of religion for all the arguments for why you should convert or accept this particular cosmology.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Oh, how optimistic a view to hold of modernity’s tolerance or lack thereof regarding ethnic cleansing.
Sure, you can do it, but sugar daddy Western nations might get a bit squeamish about it, which is bad news when you're relying on them flooding you with aid money.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Sure, you can do it, but sugar daddy Western nations might get a bit squeamish about it, which is bad news when you're relying on them flooding you with aid money.
The rest of the Neo-colonialist projects in the Middle East get away with it. I gotta imagine it boils down to some power that be getting a sick joy out of having Jews run an Apartheid. Either that or some rich South African guys wanted their Mediterranean vacation homes to feel more natural.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I would say more accurately his concern is personal status. It's why he keeps making up awards and claims to receive them. And yes, jail too. I'd say on an emotional level he's scared out of his mind of being seen as a loser.
I don't think Trump would survive in jail. I think he knows that too, but at the same time he doesn't think it could ever happen to him. That is why he thinks he is above the law. He is more worried about them taking his money. He thinks he could likely maneuver his way out of jail, but that would mean them taking his money.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Yeah, Apartheid South Africa did that, though technically the LSD was scrapped as a plan pretty quickly and was instead sold to fund the development of the actual plan which they never actually made because it was South Africa and everyone in charge was an inbred weirdo.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
@Revnak anyways, regarding peace in the middle-east and whatnot. Peace can be made between two countries that recognize each other's sovereignty. This is something Trump will sign on on Tuesday, making peace between Israel and two gulf-states. It's one of the first steps towards lasting peace in the middle-east, and hopefully an end to the attempts to sabotage the zionists by their neighbors.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Pulling out of the nuclear deal was a good move.
Assassinating the Iranian general was a good move.
Moving the embassy was a good move.
"Trump-fan" I think you guys forget who you are talking with sometimes.
No, none of those were good moves. I say trump fan since you are bending over backwards to say the things hes doing are good. I mean I suppose you could be one of those lefties who isn't happy unless everything burns down. You know, the kind who pretends to care about progressive ideals then claims the best way to get them is by trump winning again.

I mean, there are also peace talks with the Taliban going on currently. Trump tried to personally accelerate that process a year ago, but got reamed for trying to bring peace negotiators to America too close to 9/11 of all things. The man is trying to get out of Afghanistan, it's not anyone else's project that he's just putting his name on, and it is as literal a sense of pushing for peace in the Middle East as you can be. Are you willing to credit that?
We will see what happens there, as annoying as it is there will probably have to be some deal with them. But, considering how a lot of trumps negotiations have gone so far, I doubt anything good will come of it. But I suppose it is possible, and if it does stabilize Afganistan and manages to get the taliban to calm the fuck down a bit. Then that would be a good thing.

Reactions: tstorm823

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I don't think Trump would survive in jail. I think he knows that too, but at the same time he doesn't think it could ever happen to him. That is why he thinks he is above the law. He is more worried about them taking his money. He thinks he could likely maneuver his way out of jail, but that would mean them taking his money.
Don't see him being wrong about being effectively above the law and not facing gaol time, though.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I would say more accurately his concern is personal status. It's why he keeps making up awards and claims to receive them. And yes, jail too. I'd say on an emotional level he's scared out of his mind of being seen as a loser.
Thanks to his niece Mary, we have a good insight into why.

Donald Trump had a tyrannical, vicious father and an emotionally distant mother. The drive was success at all costs and never seeming weak; Donald's older brother Fred wanted to go against the patriarch's wishes and Donald cannot help but have noticed the humiliation and scorn directed at Fred because he didn't want to slavishly meet daddy's standards. So there's Donald, a small child desperately craving the love and approval of his parents (as children do), and so indoctrinated that the only way to do it was to be or seem as strong, successful, powerful as possible, because at least daddy would like that. And also, like many people whose lives are dominated by bullies, he learnt in turn to find someone weaker to bully for himself - initially his younger brother, and later as we have witnessed, just about anyone around him he views as subordinate or deficient.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
And also, like many people whose lives are dominated by bullies, he learnt in turn to find someone weaker to bully for himself - initially his younger brother, and later as we have witnessed, just about anyone around him he views as subordinate or deficient.
I have little in the way of sympathy for Fred Trump the elder, but the way she described Donald exploiting him during his Alzheimer's years in retaliation is stomach turning.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
No, none of those were good moves. I say trump fan since you are bending over backwards to say the things hes doing are good. I mean I suppose you could be one of those lefties who isn't happy unless everything burns down. You know, the kind who pretends to care about progressive ideals then claims the best way to get them is by trump winning again.

We will see what happens there, as annoying as it is there will probably have to be some deal with them. But, considering how a lot of trumps negotiations have gone so far, I doubt anything good will come of it. But I suppose it is possible, and if it does stabilize Afganistan and manages to get the taliban to calm the fuck down a bit. Then that would be a good thing.
Calling Iran's bluff, humiliating it and de-fanging it in one blow is impressive. Crippling it economically allowed Trump to curtail the terrorist funding by Iran.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Calling Iran's bluff, humiliating it and de-fanging it in one blow is impressive. Crippling it economically allowed Trump to curtail the terrorist funding by Iran.
Considering Iran came out of it able to successfully argue they were abiding by the terms of the agreements, no. All Trump did was render the US's credibility worthless as he has with every other broken treaty. What good is one-upping Iran in this round if they have more credibility at the negotiating table with everyone else from here on out? Trump prioritizes short-term, petty victories because those are the only kind he has the attention span for.

Reactions: MrCalavera