You think I'm smiling much these days?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Shared this in a Sports thread as a joke, but as it also makes me smile, it belongs here as well (where I'm sure more Escapists might enjoy it.)

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Some of these video clips are blocked in my country. No idea why.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
White guilt. Let me explain...

I'm black and Hispanic; my girlfriend (we'll call her "Scarlett Johansson") is white. For the past month, she's been providing home healthcare for our rich, elder friend (we'll call him "Daddy Warbucks;" he's also white) who recently had surgery. Daddy Warbucks and his wife have had a housekeeper for +30 years (we'll call her "Mammy;") she's an older black woman who comes every other Wednesday. They don't expect much from her, but as she has been with them for so long and is basically family, they take care of her with a generous stipend for her time.

Anyway, Mammy has her job to do, fanny-farting around the house playing "Judge Judy" on every TV in the house as she meanders, and Scarlett Johansson has hers, which is just to prepare meals and be Daddy Warbucks' arms and legs for menial tasks; outside of that, she just sits and keeps him company and watches movies. Scarlett Johansson has already mentioned to me that she's uncomfortable sitting and doing nothing with Daddy Warbucks while Mammy cleans around them, probably because we recently watched "The Help." Welp, she'd forgotten yesterday was Mammy's day when she asked Daddy Warbucks to watch "A Time To Kill," a movie wherein the "N" word and generally disparaging terms for black people are used throughout the film. Scarlett Johansson told me she was absolutely mortified, she and Daddy Warbucks, two privileged white folks, relaxing whilst a black maid picked up after them. She missed most of the movie finding a dozen excuses to leave the room or be busy whenever Mammy was around. I laughed my ass off and told her I was going to come up with a list of movies for her and Daddy Warbucks on Mammy's Wednesdays. I'm thinking "Amistad," "The Color Purple," "Roots," etc. Suggestions? I'm going for maximum awkwardness; nothing like watching the white man squirm!

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So, apparently the US Senate race in my state (AZ) is going to turn into an actual dogfight between two former fighter pilots, Martha McSally (R) and Mark Kelly (D).

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde