Where do you get your news?

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
The only person that has been actually giving out news during the plandemic has been this youtuber. Can anyone else recommend actual fair, unbiased, and actual factual news?

Reactions: gorfias

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
The only source of news I trust in these uncertain times.

In all seriousness, I think Forbes is a good source.

lil devils x

šŸMore Lego Goats Please!šŸ
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
The only person that has been actually giving out news during the plandemic has been this youtuber. Can anyone else recommend actual fair, unbiased, and actual factual news?

I read my news from numerous sources from nations all over the world...I hate videos. I hate videos even worse when they don't get to the point. I like multiple sources, usually online newspapers so I can have a better understanding of different views on subjects. The BIG question of the day is "Have the republicans FINALLY agreed to the $600 unemployment check boost and stopped with their refusal to help the poor yet?" That has been the biggest obstacle this entire time. Everything the GOP has offered prior wasn't enough. Last I heard the GOP was only willing to go to $400 but that wasn't enough to help the lowest incomes. The GOP want to force the poorest into desperation to go work than less than they can survive on. It is sick tbh.

Last edited:

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I also like getting my news and social commentary from a couple of comedians, since the entire world is just one big comedy.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
A wide variety. Just because a place is generally trustworthy, doesn't mean they have done something wrong in the article I'm looking up. Fox news desk (only) is okay for example. WaPo, NYT, Guardian, Forbes and some Australian places.

As for commentators, been listening to Phillip de Franco for years. Some More News and John Oliver is pretty funny

Since Sam Harris called Sam Seder psychotic and wouldnt let him on the show, (contradicting his anti-cancelling stance.) I went to find out what was so offensive. He's pretty realistic about situations. For example, he keeps complaining how the Dems are playing to keep their individual seats at the moment, while McConnell will likely sacrifice the senate to get a Supreme Court seat. He attacks both sides (but Trump more.) Just don't bring up Jimmy Dore. And Michael Brooks before he died because he gave an incredibly planet wide perspective of things

Beau of the Fifth Column has a lot of historical basis and brings that to illuminate the current situation. A Different Bias and TLDR to find out about Brexit. Sometimes I even do Vox and Vice (eg. they were critical of Obama regularly so I'm probably going to go back to the well for a while. And not in the made up Fox critical they tried to pull for 8 years). There's probably some I'm forgetting.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Mainly Reuters, but also politico. If I want to fact check something that seems weird then I go to snopes.

For youtube sources I tend to just watch Philip de Franco and Seth Meyers.

For debates I go with Destiny, but also sometimes Sam Seder.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Weekdays I often read newspaper while having a coffee. In weekend I usually read an entire pile of international newspapers and foreign policy journals. I also read a lot of books on foreign policy and political memoirs. I read a ton online as well espescially articles or essays I strongly disagree with. However for dry analysis I prefer paper b/c I get too distracted online.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
News aggregators, google, youtube, twitter, etc.

Check multiple outlets. Read more than the headline and first couple paragraphs.

Modern news media is dominated by opinion and commentary. Makes me long for the days of just reading "X did Y" without the author feeling the need to inject their take.

Thanks, Rupert.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
A wide variety. Just because a place is generally trustworthy, doesn't mean they have done something wrong in the article I'm looking up. Fox news desk (only) is okay for example. WaPo, NYT, Guardian, Forbes and some Australian places.

As for commentators, been listening to Phillip de Franco for years. Some More News and John Oliver is pretty funny

Since Sam Harris called Sam Seder psychotic and wouldnt let him on the show, (contradicting his anti-cancelling stance.) I went to find out what was so offensive. He's pretty realistic about situations. For example, he keeps complaining how the Dems are playing to keep their individual seats at the moment, while McConnell will likely sacrifice the senate to get a Supreme Court seat. He attacks both sides (but Trump more.) Just don't bring up Jimmy Dore. And Michael Brooks before he died because he gave an incredibly planet wide perspective of things

Beau of the Fifth Column has a lot of historical basis and brings that to illuminate the current situation. A Different Bias and TLDR to find out about Brexit. Sometimes I even do Vox and Vice (eg. they were critical of Obama regularly so I'm probably going to go back to the well for a while. And not in the made up Fox critical they tried to pull for 8 years). There's probably some I'm forgetting.
Thanks for linking Beau. He is really good and we need more people like him.

Reactions: Trunkage

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
News aggregators, google, youtube, twitter, etc.

Check multiple outlets. Read more than the headline and first couple paragraphs.

Modern news media is dominated by opinion and commentary. Makes me long for the days of just reading "X did Y" without the author feeling the need to inject their take.

Thanks, Rupert.
Remind me, is he dead?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Fox effectively started the "news as entertainment" and heavy opinion crap.

So I'd be fine with the Murdochs and whoever owns MSNBC just disappearing too. Preferably retroactively.