Super Smash Bros. Next DLC character is!

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
Wrong. That's Kirby after he consumed Steve.

I don't play Smash, but i've been greatly nourished by the salt generated from this reveal.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Found out this morning. People are flipping out. The salt and disappointment is real. It's a good thing, I don't even bother with Smash anymore. The game has Terry Bogard and Banjo, what more do people want at this point? Unless they throw Dante in the mix, there is not much else they can add.

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
There's so much bitching about how Steve from Minecraft is in Smash.

He makes sense as a choice. He's only the main character of the most popular game of this generation.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Would they have been happier if it had been yet another Fire Emblem character?
They want Bandana waddle dee and Paper Mario instead of wasting space on third party characters. I can see why Minecraft would be a fit as it synergized with Kirby's design philosophy but it feels sad that Waddle Dee still isn't playable officially

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Found out this morning. People are flipping out. The salt and disappointment is real. It's a good thing, I don't even bother with Smash anymore. The game has Terry Bogard and Banjo, what more do people want at this point? Unless they throw Dante in the mix, there is not much else they can add.

My Guest character Bingo List

A Monster Hunter, in Rathalos Armor
Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden.
Dante from Devil May Cry
Ninja Raiden from Metal Gear Solid/Rising
A Mortal Kombat character, either Scorpion, Sub Zero, Liu Kang or Raiden.
Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear
Nightmare/Siegfried from Soul Calibur
Sora from Kingdom Hearts
Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7
Doom Guy/Doom Slayer
Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog even though he's a Mii Skin
And the most shot in the dark choice, Wolverine from the X-Men, but he plays like how he does in Marvel vs Capcom.

Bingo List for a Nintendo character:
Viridi from Kid Icarus
Paper Mario
8th Generation Pokemon
Another Xenoblade character
Another Zelda character

I take ANY of these over a fucking Block Man.

Last edited:

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
I get that Smash is a celebration of video games...

But what, *really* does a *Minecraft* character bring to a fighting game?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My Guest character Bingo List

A Monster Hunter, in Rathalos Armor
Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden.
Dante from Devil May Cry
Ninja Raiden from Metal Gear Solid/Rising
A Mortal Kombat character, either Scorpion, Sub Zero, Liu Kang or Raiden.
Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear
Nightmare/Siegfried from Soul Calibur
Sora from Kingdom Hearts
Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7
Doom Guy/Doom Slayer
Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog even though he's a Mii Skin
And the most shot in the dark choice, Wolverine from the X-Men, but he plays like how he does in Marvel vs Capcom.

Bingo List for a Nintendo character:
Viridi from Kid Icarus
Paper Mario
8th Generation Pokemon
Another Xenoblade character
Another Zelda character

I take ANY of these over a fucking Block Man.
Most of those are most likely not to happen. Especially the MK characters. Also, I would take Minecraft Steve over Viridi. I hate her as a character and she's not even a well written character. She's a spoiled brat that's a Karma Houdini. You already have Pit & Paulitena. if they added in Hades, then that would be worth something talking about.

But what, *really* does a *Minecraft* character bring to a fighting game?
"He will make you feel like a Minecraft character in a fighting game." - says some random video game critic.

In all seriousness, Minecraft still is popular with the kids. So it's really the kid appeal, which Smash Brothers already has. It's just even more so now.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Almost nothing can please the Smash fan base at this point. You give fans what they want and they still moan and biatche about everything.
I'm surprised Smash is even still getting content at this point. At some point shouldn't they be moving onto the next game? The last smash already has soooo many character that adding one new guy here and there just seems pointless.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm surprised Smash is even still getting content at this point. At some point shouldn't they be moving onto the next game? The last smash already has soooo many character that adding one new guy here and there just seems pointless.
Considering Smash is a celebration all things video games, I stopped being surprised when Banjo and Terry happened. I think they still got two more characters. DBFighterZ still has a couple more characters for season 3. Street Fighter V is still getting new characters, because Capcom knows it is going to take them a while for SFVI to happen. They are known for milking a generation to its limit, so it is not surprising.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Considering Smash is a celebration all things video games, I stopped being surprised when Banjo and Terry happened. I think they still got two more characters. DBFighterZ still has a couple more characters for season 3. Street Fighter V is still getting new characters, because Capcom knows it is going to take them a while for SFVI to happen. They are known for milking a generation to its limit, so it is not surprising.
So you only get once smash per console? And considering how early smash ult came out in the switch's lifespan.....wow they gonna be on this smash forever

Reactions: BrawlMan

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
They want Bandana waddle dee and Paper Mario instead of wasting space on third party characters. I can see why Minecraft would be a fit as it synergized with Kirby's design philosophy but it feels sad that Waddle Dee still isn't playable officially
Nintendo or a fighting game character would be more consistent, aye. But the precedent have already been set(Sans, Banjo & Kazooie etc.).
Plus, it's way WAY funnier that way.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So you only get once smash per console?
If by "you", meaning the consumer, then yes. This has always been Nintendo's MO aside from updates of course. Each Smash game has only been on one Nintendo console each. Starting with 64.

Last edited: