Dune, adapted by Denis Villeneuve

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Oye, movie delayed to next year. No huge surprise tho.
Im fine with it. Honestly Dune was the one movie that I was seriously debating risking going to a local theater to watch. We have one close to me that is relatively small, and almost never has full capacity, and I tend to go to matinees anyway, where it's just me. And the seating already had a significant amount of space between them due to being recliners. So yeah, I was debating it. But I'm fine with them just being reasonable people and saying "Nah, we need box office money for this to be profitable. We'll just shelve it for a bit and wait for the global fucking plague to stop." And that's fine. I'm not going anywhere, they'll get my ticket eventually.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Im fine with it. Honestly Dune was the one movie that I was seriously debating risking going to a local theater to watch. We have one close to me that is relatively small, and almost never has full capacity, and I tend to go to matinees anyway, where it's just me. And the seating already had a significant amount of space between them due to being recliners. So yeah, I was debating it. But I'm fine with them just being reasonable people and saying "Nah, we need box office money for this to be profitable. We'll just shelve it for a bit and wait for the global fucking plague to stop." And that's fine. I'm not going anywhere, they'll get my ticket eventually.
I’m disappointed because I was really looking forward to this, but like Wonder Woman before it I understand the logic even if it bums me out.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I’m disappointed because I was really looking forward to this, but like Wonder Woman before it I understand the logic even if it bums me out.
Well it's not like the movie is vanishing into the ether or anything. It's still completed, it's just going to sit on a shelf and be released later, when the market looks stable enough to make a profit on it. I mean I've lived what...30+ years since the last dune film? and another 20ish since the miniseries. Another year or 2 really isn't going to change much.

Reactions: Dalisclock