Sony reveals list of PS4 games that WONT work on PS5

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Featuring this generations great classics sadly. Guys we wont be able to play the following:

• DWVR
  • Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
  • TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2
  • Just Deal With It!
  • Shadow Complex Remastered
  • Robinson: The Journey
  • We Sing
  • Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
  • Shadwen
  • Joe’s Diner
Dang. Next gen is gonna suck.

PS: I'm sure there are far more games that'll probably crop up that for whatever reason wont work, but Sony has already basically said that the vast majority of PS4 games will run on PS5 just fine. I frankly just thought this list was hilarious. I think I've only heard of one game on this list and it's that Hitman Mobile game._

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Other than Shadow Complex, I don't think anyone cares about any of these. And it's definitely better to only have 10 games that don't work than only 100 that do.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Never heard of any of those. I do know afro samurai though, cool anime.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Let's hope everything else that does work don't have any weird caveats; I still remember trying to play MGS3 and Ratchet and Clank 3 on my phat PS3. It weren't good.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Aw, what did Shadow Complex do wrong? Apart from the trite plot? It's a satisfying meteoidvania beyond that. The rest can go away though. Pity Fifa ain't on this list, that shit is just plain unethical.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Sometimes I wish I would’ve hung onto my fully backwards compatible FAT PS3, but then realize I barely even play my PS3 for anything besides...some PS3 games.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Aw, what did Shadow Complex do wrong? Apart from the trite plot? It's a satisfying meteoidvania beyond that. The rest can go away though. Pity Fifa ain't on this list, that shit is just plain unethical.
Shadow Complex was one of the first Metroidvanias I enjoyed and completed with pride. I was never in to the genre, aside from a very few games. The other being Strider (2014).

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Other than Shadow Complex, I don't think anyone cares about any of these. And it's definitely better to only have 10 games that don't work than only 100 that do.
You can get Shadow Complex on PC now though, so it's not like it's gone forever or anything.

Which reminds me, I got it like a year ago and still haven't gotten around to playing it.

As far as I know, it's a good little game. It got some shit by proxy because Orsen Scott Card was involved in production and apparently is a bit of a homophobe. Or put other way.....

Last edited:
Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
As far as I know, it's a good little game. It got some shit by proxy because Orsen Scott Card was involved in production and apparently is a bit of a homophobe. Or put other way.....
I never knew the dude was even involved and I don't care. Still one of the best games from 7th gen that was originally XBLA. My brother and I had so much with that Metroidvania.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I never knew the dude was even involved and I don't care. Still one of the best games from 7th gen that was originally XBLA. My brother and I had so much with that Metroidvania.
Makes sense. Death of the artist, and all that. Doesn't work for everyone, but I think it's good to be able to compartmentalize.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Shadow Complex was one of the first Metroidvanias I enjoyed and completed with pride. I was never in to the genre, aside from a very few games. The other being Strider (2014).
Ooh, Strider is a good one too, but i still got to finish it at some point. Must have been distracted by something else yet again.

You can get Shadow Complex on PC now though, so it's not like it's gone forever or anything.

Which reminds me, I got it like a year ago and still haven't gotten around to playing it.

Huh, did not have a clue about his involvement till now. Would've thought the name would be part of the description, being a famous name and all. But perhaps someone decided it was more a detriment to sales than a boon. Still, it's better to be aware of these things than not. Despite having already bought it twice due to a platform switch. Oopsie. Then again, the amount of Ben and Jerrys i used to buy before knowing their brand of troubles...

Wait a shittin pickin minute...is that Aloy in the video?? Looks so much like someone i know.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Ooh, Strider is a good one too, but i still got to finish it at some point. Must have been distracted by something else yet again.

Huh, did not have a clue about his involvement till now. Would've thought the name would be part of the description, being a famous name and all. But perhaps someone decided it was more a detriment to sales than a boon. Still, it's better to be aware of these things than not. Despite having already bought it twice due to a platform switch. Oopsie. Then again, the amount of Ben and Jerrys i used to buy before knowing their brand of troubles...

Wait a shittin pickin minute...is that Aloy in the video?? Looks so much like someone i know.
Yep, Ashly Burch is the voice of Aloy from HZD, Tiny Tina from Borderlands and Chloe from Life is Strange.

And apparently OSC got paid a flat fee for his involvement in SC so it's not like he's getting more money for more sales of SC, if that's a factor for you. I think most people forgot that was a controversy because it came out 11 years ago....and if you add 2020 into that it feels more like 30.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Obviously I don't care about these games, but I do wonder why they won't work. What needs to be done for a PS4 game to work on the PS5 anyway?