Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
The year is 2075 and the transhumanist revolution is here. How, if at all, would you choose to upgrade yourself, given limitless possibilities?

Would you replace your human body parts with the latest cybernetic upgrades? Or would you pay a visit to a gene splicing clinic to get all the perks of being an elephant shrew? Would you plug yourself into a computer and live forever in your own personal matrix?

How far would you go? Only as far as eliminating physical imperfections, or go completely wild?

How do you think your newfound body would affect your day to day life? When you aren't fighting mutants or putting down an AI uprising, of course.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I'd cure my lactose intolerance and get my farts to smell like lilacs.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Staying in the boring realm of non-superpowers, the most life-improving change would probably just be to get rid of my allergies, given that I'm pretty hale and healthy otherwise.

I can't realistically imaging turning myself into something completely different, but if I was in a society where it had become the norm, who knows? Why shouldn't I have teeth that glow neon green and ten fingers per hand?

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
I'd like for my legs to be fixed. Standing is a pain due to being born with flat feet, and my right knee hurts whenever I put some sort of strain on it due to an injury long ago.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Oh I'd perfect my body with the gene stuff, then add cybernetics for what cannot be biologically done. Enhanced eyes perhaps? I am sure it could help enhance other things as well. I'd go all out as far as the physical.

For the virtual thing, that sounds like just locking myself away into a fantasy. Not a fan of that tbh. I like to interact with other people. Shared virtual world might be cool but I like to have it good in the real world too

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
The flesh is weak, my friend. I'll take either a full robot body or just upload me to the cloud. Faster mind, no risk of illnesses, easy replacement of most things. What's not to love?

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I wouldn't mind replacing most of my internal organs with functional cybernetics, or super gene-crafted upgrades. Just one less thing to worry about, you know? Iron liver and and stomach, no cancer, damage. Plus getting punched in the gut now hurts the other guy more.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Mix of genetic and cybernetics.

Genetics is better at improving what already exists, cybernetics is better for new features.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I'd wish for more wishes.

Also, I'd be a kilometre tall and have my own theme tune.

Reactions: JoJo

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I would be so down with getting new cybernetic eyes.

Perfect vision, zoom and magnification options, built-in night vision, the ability to have different vision modes like infrared, integrated heads up displays. Yes please, get rid of my weak squishy skull globes that keep getting worse.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Can I just put my consciousness into a robot body?

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Everything Cultureniks have in Iain Banks's books. Good looks, 400 year lifespans, voluntarily controlled glands that can secrete a variety of useful, harmless drugs, a voluntary bypass digestive system that allows harmful substances to immediately be excreted, and the ability to change sex at will.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I'd go with cybernetic enhancements/replacements to essentially turn my brain into a WiFi enabled computer and my eyes into VR/AR goggles or a computer monitor. I'd love to be able to listen to music, surf websites and stream various movies and videos wherever I am without the need of a phone, tablet or computer. It would certainly make my work day much better run a marathon of Archer while stocking shelves.

morsomk

The Shape of Water was the worst movie of 2017.
Legacy
Apr 8, 2020
Hell
Country
Cold
I'd probably upgrade my eyes and my nose first. My eyesight is wonky and I think my color perspective is off from the one eye to the other. I want my nose to be upgraded so that I can breathe more clearly, I've been having frequent nights where I freak out because I don't think I am breathing in from my nose.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
If anything at all, I'd do the gene stuff to fix a few genetic flaws (eg, nearsightedness), but while a younger me might have said I wanted automail limbs like in FMA or to splice myself to get bat/bird wings and other cool animal features, these days I err toward keeping it as-is. My body is mine, and that is good enough.

Last edited:

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
Honestly?

Rejuvenate my eyes to not need glasses, fix any damage (like my back now suddenly acting up when I sleep without a knee pillow) and give myself that missing adult tooth.

Being 32 in a few days, I've basically accepted my body completely, and, honestly, if I'm not brave/interested enough to dye my hair blue or some other nifty color, no way am I going to go for dragonlike features. xD

As for tech upgrades....Yeah no, technology fails faster than the human body. So while in the past I was like "bring on the ocular implants! I wanna see far, be able to zoom in and take pictures!", present, wiser me is like "And if the eyes get turned off? ...No thanks. I'm keeping my real eyes"

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I won't deny it, this is something I think about quite often & I personally crave a virtual update, to become one with the flow of information, to be everywhere and nowhere at once, man that would be the best thing ever, besides after you get accustomed to living in the Matrix you can learn how to control a robotic body & live your social life through that if you really need it.

As for other things, personally I don't think of my body as a part of me, it feels like just a vehicle not all that different from a car so I'd have no problem discarding it, it's not like I even think of myself as either woman or man I just think of myself as my thoughts exclusively, after all once my mind ceases to be so do I but my body remains, possibly still alive if I'm brain dead or suffer from a degenerative mental disease, but I guess that's the thing I very much would prefer to be a brain in a can hooked up to a computer than to be human.

Oh, in case it's not clear I'm not interested in living in a virtual simulation, I just want to be a living computer, if you've seen the 1990 Ghost in the Shell movie, yeah kinda like Motoko Kusanagi, I was originally going to use Samantha from Her as my example, but that's an A.I. while Motoko is very much a brain inside a robot connected to the Internet so that's more accurate.

Last edited:

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
If we're talking 'cleaning up the place', I'd get my eyes and lungs fixed, shed some fat, then opt for some enhanced stamina building procedures, so I could earn some super tough muscles. Of course longevity enhancements would be nice as well.

If we're talking beyond human enhancements, I would like to have my mind placed inside a custom grown body, but an extremely inhuman one, likely something insectile. No cybernetics, please- I want organics, as much as possible.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
If we're talking beyond human enhancements, I would like to have my mind placed inside a custom grown body, but an extremely inhuman one, likely something insectile. No cybernetics, please- I want organics, as much as possible.
Ok, so...what are we talking here?

...Edgar?