Lucid Nightmare

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
And if you love drinking, go to Oaxaca, the Mezcal capital of the world!
I went there, walked around, toured the places where they make it, drank it, ate at fancy restaurants for like $15, and came home with 5 liters.

Reactions: Kae

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I went there, walked around, toured the places where they make it, drank it, ate at fancy restaurants for like $15, and came home with 5 liters.
So I've heard, the coffee there is really good too, though I'll admit I've never gone there in particular my parents did bring me Oaxacan coffee when they went there.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I mostly only really had dreams where I was aware of what was going on when I had nightmares, and I haven't really had nightmares for over 20 years so this is very old, but...

I had nightmares as a teenager, and I got fed up with them. And I remember (whilst awake and conscious) thinking really hard about how I wished I could open my eyes, wake up and stop them. Then eventually when I had a dream and event were going wrong and it was turning into a nightmare, I found I would become (seemingly) aware within the dream and think "This is a nightmare, I should open my eyes". And the dream version of me, even if my eyes were open in the nightmare, would think really hard about opening my eyes... and I'd wake up.

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
Well I wasn't saying it stopped immediately after, I only lived in Tijuana on 2009 I just moved out of Tijuana on early 2010, I was a dumb kid then so I didn't keep up with the news and stuff.
Moving out was a good choice ;)

Well I've lived all over the place, North to South, East to West but culture seems to very a lot, Tijuana in particular is very weird because it's where all the deported people end up, so you have a lot of people from small rural communities and the south which tend to be very superstitious, but you also have a lot of foreigners like Hondurans, Guatemalans, Haitians, so on, you have Chicanos, like a lot of people from LA from all walks of life and it's basically impossible to stereotype Tijuana as a whole, too many different peoples, so I'm not surprised some people tried to cleanse you of bad vibes, that's normally what they try to cure, which some herbs but I'm not familiar enough to know which ones, but they brush you with them while chanting and stuff, sorry I'm not spiritual at all, and I was brought up as Catholic and Christian fundamentalist so I'm not super familiar with more traditional Mexican spirituality,
I get this. We have as well people here in France who believe that stuff. Where you have lots of people of different cultures especially from poorer places there will be strange traditional beliefs.

But yeah the Police fucking suck, my deep hatred of them is one of the main things that pushed me towards being an Anarchist, they spend half of the time harassing homeless and poor people and they spend the other half extorting bribes out of people,
This is the aspect of my life that brings me most shame. I was a cop at the time and I was still a cop thereafter. I convinced myself that I was "one of the good ones" and I could "change it from within". You can be a good person and be a cop and you can even choose to do good things while you are a cop but if you have vowed to uphold bad laws you are contributing to it. Maybe it is possible to help "change it from within" but I am a woman and a minority so my influence was less. I was in deliberation behaving badly because I think I wanted to be fired but it would have been less cowardly to quit.

I hold them in nothing but contempt and I'm sorry you had to go through that
It was an eye-opener to see how interactions with the police are when one is on the other side. I could not tell them I was police of another country so I was like everyone else. I know this event was more extreme and maybe not typical of Tijuana. Do they throw everyone in jail naked ? I doubt it. Maybe just the ones who annoy them.They had power and no supervision and wanted me to be punished. I thought "I could actually die here" just like a black friend told me he thought when he was arrested in Paris. I do not want to have pity for this but we need to hear stories like this as they happen a lot but are seldom spoken. This was my bad experience in front of the badge but I have seen bad things behind the badge.

I'm guessing you were there on business
Good call. You have a keen eye ;)

I personally would recommend Cancún though because it has everything, the Pyramids, the beautiful beach, the beautiful environment of the rainforest and amazing underwater caves, my sister(She lived there for 3 years) says the club scene is pretty good but I am both anti-social and hate drinking so not something I would know.
I loved Cancún. I was lucky to visit there ! Have you ever visited to Europe?

(I am sorry to sway off topic)

Edited unforgivable formatting

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I have lucid nightmares often.

It's called waking up.
LOL that was me yesterday when I woke up and couldn't see with my eyes matted shut and realized Trump was actually still president and it wasn't just some dystopian dream where they gave Biff from back to the future control over the nukes.

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
I don't really drink anymore. When I drink I get stupid.

Tijuana is... interesting. Just don't get arrested there or stand near a wall (see my previous post).