Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
“You don’t understand, Castro took away all our slaves”
kek Cubans have been swimming to the US ever since! Is that why they are great sportsmen and represent the US?
Do you think there's any chance Virginia flips red?

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
kek Cubans have been swimming to the US ever since! Is that why they are great sportsmen and represent the US?
No. It’d be funny for it to get uncalled, but it was called immediately so it sounds doubtful.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Cubans have been swimming to the US ever since! Is that why they are great sportsmen and represent the US?
Reminds me of a old joke I heard: "Why doesn't Cuba have a great summer Olympics team? Because anyone who can run, jump, and swim already has."'

No.
Same with Nevada.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
No. It’d be funny for it to get uncalled, but it was called immediately so it sounds doubtful.
Why is the Texas vote so close? Is it going to be as tight as Florida?!?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
It’s those damn Californians and New Yorker moving to Texas ruining the place
Actually other way around. Native born Texans tend to vote blue, suburban flight from other states vote red.
The other kind of Latino and Biden doing better in suburbs.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
It’s those damn Californians and New Yorker moving to Texas ruining the place
It's because the big urban counties have been counted first. It'll shift when the rest of the state weighs in.

Edit: Even as I typed that, Trump has pretty much closed the lead after a few rural counties reported their votes.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
A Biden win in Ohio is another one of those “oh, Trump can’t win anymore” moments, and it’s looking likely.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
It's because the big urban counties have been counted first. It'll shift when the rest of the state weighs in.
Actually other way around. Native born Texans tend to vote blue, suburban flight from other states vote red.

The other kind of Latino and Biden doing better in suburbs.
Thanks for info.
When is NYC posting counts?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Eh, there’s a county or two of Austin that hasn’t been counted yet, but you’re not wrong.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Lol, Biden is doing soooooooo much worse with Latinos. The fact that Republicans finally got Latinos to do the big switch they were predicting at it was by electing a guy who courted dudes that want every one of them out of the country is hilarious. Yes, the real flaw is the total lack of ground game and Biden not even fucking trying to court Latinos at all, but it’s still fucking funny.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Lol, Biden is doing soooooooo much worse with Latinos. The fact that Republicans finally got Latinos to do the big switch they were predicting at it was by electing a guy who courted dudes that want every one of them out of the country is hilarious. Yes, the real flaw is the total lack of ground game and Biden not even fucking trying to court Latinos at all, but it’s still fucking funny.
But hey, at least he has 100% of the black vote. Since you can't be black and vote for Trump.

And look what it won him! South Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky...

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
So, Wisconsin and Michigan have “weird” early results. Betting money it’s because of mail-in and early votes being mishandled. Those will quite likely be the deciding states. In short

COWABUNGA IT IS

Reactions: Seanchaidh

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
So, Wisconsin and Michigan have “weird” early results. Betting money it’s because of mail-in and early votes being mishandled. Those will quite likely be the deciding states. In short

COWABUNGA IT IS
I honestly expect Biden to win back the blue wall. Not because they can stand him when he's going to screw them over personally and they know it, just that they don't like Trump that much.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I honestly expect Biden to win back the blue wall. Not because they can stand him when he's going to screw them over personally and they know it, just that they don't like Trump that much.
Oh, I do too. In a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.