Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
PA looks interesting.

Trump is under 400k ahead with nearly 1.2 million to count, but analysts say the ballot distribution of outstanding votes is likely to favour Biden enough to win the state. However, it may be rendered moot, as if the remaining votes in Atlanta go 2:1 or better to Biden before then, the race is decided anyway (except recounts and court cases).

Edit: a tick updated whilst I was writing this. PA now has 1.05 million to count, and Trump's lead is down to 350k.

Also, Biden's lead in MI is now greater than the remaining ballots, so he's won it.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
I do find the funny every undecided state is a nail-biter right now and then there is Alaska which for some reason hasn't counted all their votes yet but it's just chugging along

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
PA looks interesting.

Trump is under 400k ahead with nearly 1.2 million to count, but analysts say the ballot distribution of outstanding votes is likely to favour Biden enough to win the state. However, it may be rendered moot, as if the remaining votes in Atlanta go 2:1 or better to Biden before then, the race is decided anyway (except recounts and court cases).

Edit: a tick updated whilst I was writing this. PA now has 1.05 million to count, and Trump's lead is down to 350k.

Also, Biden's lead in MI is now greater than the remaining ballots, so he's won it.
Philly/Pittsburgh, but yes.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I do NOT miss
Pollsters, pollsters, let us in.
Not by the hair of our chinny chin chins.
Then we'll shout, and we'll yell, and we'll blow your polling station in!

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Do wanna add that while it is very fun harping on Biden for sucking ass based on exit polling, should be noted that those polls are probably at least as off as the insane polls or moreso due to the fact that they can’t realistically poll mail-ins or early voters right now. I have no doubt some of the information gained by them is accurate based on the overall results, like Biden sucking with Latinos, but not everything, like Biden doing worse with R’s than Hildawg.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
@BrawlMan Remember when I said to be ready to get the hell out of Michigan? Be ready to get the hell out of Michigan. For your own sake.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
With McConnel easily reelected and Trump losing by razor thin margin, I do hope that democrat learn that lie/deceit/hypocrisy and a complete contempt for norms and procedures are not punished by voter in the slightest and that they should seriously explore every possible avenue to make more states (washigton D.C. and puerto rico) and to pack the court given the chance. What's the point of having the moral high ground if you can't do anything from it?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I will cum if there is exactly a 51 seat Republican majority because it basically means that Biden’s campaigning about the virtues of moderate Republicans won Collins a gimme seat and handed McConnel his sledgehammer back.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Time to pump some insanity into this.

Well done to Wisconsin

who have an expected

4,438,298 of it's 3,129,000 registered voters managing to vote a turnout of a potential 141%

Well done to Kanye West who still managed 60,000 votes

Lawsuits in Michigan as apparently official election observers have been kicked out of the count

Claims of machines not properly counting votes due to Sharpies being used

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Just going to re
I do NOT miss
Just going to remind everyone this is the EXACT tactic that handed Bush the election in 2000

Who lead these people back then? Roger Stone

Who was on Bush team of lawyers? John Roberts, Bret Kavanaugh and Amy Coney-Barret

This is not unexpected. This was also brought up in both of the Supreme Court hearings. And we just keep ignoring the stupid power plays Trumps tries to make

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA

Well done to Wisconsin

who have an expected

4,438,298 of it's 3,129,000 registered voters managing to vote a turnout of a potential 141%

Well done to Kanye West who still managed 60,000 votes

Lawsuits in Michigan as apparently official election observers have been kicked out of the count

Claims of machines not properly counting votes due to Sharpies being used

And here we see why exactly a close victory for Biden was the absolute worst case scenario. People who believe this shit will shoot up polling places. You only need one McVeigh to kill a hell of a lot of people, and statistically speaking, there’s a lotta McVeighs out there.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Philly/Pittsburgh, but yes.
Another 70,000 votes counted in PA, and Trump's lead shrinks 30k. That's a 5:2 vote distribution, which is good news for Biden.

Well done to Wisconsin

who have an expected

Yes, congratulations to Wisconsin for having more people vote in 2020 than were registered to vote in 2018.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And here we see why exactly a close victory for Biden was the absolute worst case scenario. People who believe this shit will shoot up polling places. You only need one McVeigh to kill a hell of a lot of people, and statistically speaking, there’s a lotta McVeighs out there.
I'd say there's going to be a lot of fights happening in courts over some of these and Nevada too which will see recounts almost certainly as the BBC is reporting an ~8,000 difference with ~190,000 votes left to count

Status
Not open for further replies.