Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
So, woke from a nap. GA gonna go Biden, bigger Senate there will not, no updates anywhere else in the country. That means we are at least at 50 Rep. senate and Biden is president.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Obama at least waited two years to tank the Congress.
"tank"? The Dems are on track to lose only 5 net seats in the House and will actually net gain a seat in the Senate. They definitely could have done significantly better, but this is far from "tanking."

The Senator in question just randomly has 100,000 less votes than Biden. They didn’t go elsewhere, they just aren’t for him.
I honestly think the Dems not picking up the Maine senate seat is the worst lost this go-round. Biden won the state by ~11 points, but Gideon lost by ~7 points. That's an 18% differential!

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
"tank"? The Dems are on track to lose only 5 net seats in the House and will actually net gain a seat in the Senate. They definitely could have done significantly better, but this is far from "tanking."
However you want to frame the before and after, this result falls far below expectations.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I honestly think the Dems not picking up the Maine senate seat is the worst lost this go-round. Biden won the state by ~11 points, but Gideon lost by ~7 points. That's an 18% differential!
Definitely. I’d blame the Biden “moderate Republicans are our friends” campaign getting Collins, who has always run as a moderate, getting over the hump. Should’ve pinned more of the judicial hearings on her.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Are we talking about Prop 22 passing here?

Because that seems terrible
Oh that one sucked majorly. I don't get why people don't ever think about why employees needed those sorts of protections in the first place and why trying to skirt around them is bad. It's like, surely these people understand things like minimum wage? Seems like a close enough concept you'd get why you don't want exceptions

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Meanwhile in Arizona:

"Stop all that vote counting, except here because it might make me win." Think someone loaded a satire routine into the Matrix...
NAh as the thing I posted before

It's not satire it's just the inevitable result of things ramping up as they have done for years and the grand desire to "defeat" their "Enemies".

So, woke from a nap. GA gonna go Biden, bigger Senate there will not, no updates anywhere else in the country. That means we are at least at 50 Rep. senate and Biden is president.
How Portland holding up now all drugs are decriminalised?

Status
Not open for further replies.