Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No, not seriously. That article is what's commonly referred to as "fan fiction".
gotta agree.

It's like the ones after the 2016 election about how the electoral college would refuse to vote for Trump or how there would be revolution with the army siding with the people against Trump.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yes, 8chan is well known for making a good faith effort to remove illegal content from its platform.
It's also well known for working with law enforcement agencies to help pass info to them to help crack down on stuff.........So would you prefer the illegal content went some-where less willing to work with authorities?

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
It's also well known for working with law enforcement agencies to help pass info to them to help crack down on stuff.........So would you prefer the illegal content went some-where less willing to work with authorities?
Lol

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
ARIZONA: Tonight's updated tally; Biden at 1,604,067 (49.7%), Trump at 1,574,206 (48.8%). They had about 200k ballots left this morning before this update, so we should know before Monday.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I could, if I were on twitter at present and if I could / would even get a reply.

You are the one asserting they might have presented nuanced positions. I was the one claiming they were just calling her a terf not disputing her points.

If I'm wrong and they have addressed her points then feel free to present evidence the people I picked out calling her a terf have addressed her actual positions.

I showed my claims. You claim they may have addressed what she said? Ok them prove it. It's not my job to make your case for you.
No. YOUR claim was that they have no argument. You showed absolutely nothing. Why do I have to do your work for you? I showed you a BUNCH of people who had points. Do I literally have to show every person in this world's point of view before your satisfied? Because, I'm going to say this again, that's your job. Go talk to people instead of lying about their positions.

Here look, I start you off.

Is there anyone here on this forum who thinks Rowling is (or even partially) a TERF that would like to express their reasoning?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No. YOUR claim was that they have no argument.
No I claimed they weren't addressing her actual points just throwing the term TERF about as a weighted term to shortcut actually addressing point which is part of a larger symptom going on where rather than address actual points people are throwing terms round to try and get negative labels to stick to people which in turn causes knee jerk reactions against them as intended. Additionally that this isn't good because the overuse and stretching of terms is destroying the power they have and making it ultimate far harder to really consider them anything more than an angry person calling some-one a doo doo head.

You showed absolutely nothing. Why do I have to do your work for you? I showed you a BUNCH of people who had points. Do I literally have to show every person in this world's point of view before your satisfied? Because, I'm going to say this again, that's your job. Go talk to people instead of lying about their positions.
I showed people simply throwing the term Terf at her not talking about actual points she raised. You are now claiming said people have actually had complex deep talks about what J.K. Rowling is saying but also claiming I have to find the evidence. The Burden of proof for your claims is on you not me.

Your argument is I have to prove they never talked about J.K. Rowling's actual positions. Yet there is no evidence they ever did presented by you to support they ever did the thing.

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Your move.

You showed some people talked about J.K. Rowlings actual position. NOT the same people I showed saying J.K. Rowling is a terf. So can I show progressives believing all kinds of nonsense and promoting it on youtube and claim all the left are loony new age spirituality worshippers? No you'd likely call me out if I claimed such nonsense when evidence shows a large number of left wing people debunking that too. In this case my evidence for people just throwing out the claim of her being a TERF far outweighs yours of people addressing her points.

Here look, I start you off.

Is there anyone here on this forum who thinks Rowling is (or even partially) a TERF that would like to express their reasoning?
Note they'd also have to argue how J.K. Rowling despite her own claims hates all Trans women and wants to exclude them entirely.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Why does this take so long? In Canada when we have an election we find out who won the next day, or even the night of.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Why does this take so long? In Canada when we have an election we find out who won the next day, or even the night of.
Because we're needing the actual 100% vote counts to be absolutely sure. It's easily predictable as a Biden win rn, but the margins are quite close on multiple states. Usually the outcome might be obvious far earlier because someone has a much bigger lead over the other. At the moment the leads are like from 4k to 30k votes in relevant states. And there's probably some hesitancy in people calling it when it's this close even if by predictions it should be Biden based on best guess at what the remaining votes will look like

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
No I claimed they weren't addressing her actual points just throwing the term TERF about as a weighted term to shortcut actually addressing point which is part of a larger symptom going on where rather than address actual points people are throwing terms round to try and get negative labels to stick to people which in turn causes knee jerk reactions against them as intended. Additionally that this isn't good because the overuse and stretching of terms is destroying the power they have and making it ultimate far harder to really consider them anything more than an angry person calling some-one a doo doo head.

I showed people simply throwing the term Terf at her not talking about actual points she raised. You are now claiming said people have actually had complex deep talks about what J.K. Rowling is saying but also claiming I have to find the evidence. The Burden of proof for your claims is on you not me.

Your argument is I have to prove they never talked about J.K. Rowling's actual positions. Yet there is no evidence they ever did presented by you to support they ever did the thing.

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Your move.

You showed some people talked about J.K. Rowlings actual position. NOT the same people I showed saying J.K. Rowling is a terf. So can I show progressives believing all kinds of nonsense and promoting it on youtube and claim all the left are loony new age spirituality worshippers? No you'd likely call me out if I claimed such nonsense when evidence shows a large number of left wing people debunking that too. In this case my evidence for people just throwing out the claim of her being a TERF far outweighs yours of people addressing her points.

Note they'd also have to argue how J.K. Rowling despite her own claims hates all Trans women and wants to exclude them entirely.
Well, thanks for the troll, bro

Status
Not open for further replies.