Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Here's the thing a lot of people don't understand. Trump isn't going away, at least his influence. He got the second most votes out of any presidential candidate behind the person he was running against. Much of the Republican party is going to model themselves after Trump to capture that magic. Say what you will about Trump but he United the right and created a powerful Cult of Personality.

Trump is the next Reagan. The Republican party is now the Trump party
I really think they can pretend he never happened if they actually all collectively abandon him right now. This is what Fox is betting on - the entire GOP establishment abandons Trump and forces him to concede. True the rebranding the Reps got was great for them (as "the people's" party), but it's not difficult to distance yourself from Trump if he lost the presidential elections as an incumbent !

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Fox swapped allegiances this elections. It's still Republican, but it dropped Trump supporters. I guess the Murdoch brothers are betting on Trump leaving the political scene.
Fucking hell, he's in some strife if Rupert Murdoch doesn't wanna back him.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Here's the thing a lot of people don't understand. Trump isn't going away, at least his influence. He got the second most votes out of any presidential candidate behind the person he was running against. Much of the Republican party is going to model themselves after Trump to capture that magic. Say what you will about Trump but he United the right and created a powerful Cult of Personality.

Trump is the next Reagan. The Republican party is now the Trump party
I think it depends how much people keep supporting him. You kick out some of those enabling him higher up and suddenly he becomes less relevant. He needs people telling him how shit works, protecting him, giving him a platform. He has supporters but... he also has legal troubles etc and when he's not holding office anymore he's more vulnerable to that. Idt he'll lose popularity with his base but he might lose some privileges he was relying too heavily on.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA

So basically they are ordered to separate the balance from when they receive them. Which I heard they were already doing.

So if I understand this right Trump has wasted everyone's time like he has done for the last 4 years

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine

So basically they are ordered to separate the balance from when they receive them. Which I heard they were already doing.

So if I understand this right Trump has wasted everyone's time like he has done for the last 4 years
The argument is that they were supposed to separate them but they didn't in practice.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Meanwhile, who remembers the Lincoln Project?

Can't wait to be told that even though Jeff Bezo's and his slave labor Amazon camps are bad, we HAVE to vote for him as the democrat because we can't let Tucker Carlson win guys!!!! But don't you worry, once we deal with this unique evil threat to our democracy, NEXT time we'll get in a Democrat who will make some actual changes!!! Now if anyone needs me, I have a Brunch appointment to get to.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
So... this is fun.

Two armed Virginia men who were arrested Thursday outside the Philadelphia Convention Center were "coming to deliver a truck full of fake ballots" to the city, CNN affiliate KYW reported, citing prosecutors.
The center is one of the places where election workers have been counting votes from the 2020 general election, which includes the race for president.
Text messages reveal that the men were concerned about the tallying of votes at the convention center, prosecutors said, according to KYW.
Antonio LaMotta, 61, and Joshua Macias, 42, both of Chesapeake, Virginia, were arrested Thursday night outside the center on suspicion of carrying handguns in Pennsylvania without permits, authorities said.
Philadelphia police said they found the men Thursday night after receiving a tip that people with firearms were heading to the Pennsylvania Convention Center in a silver Hummer truck.
Officers found a silver Hummer a block from the center -- parked and unoccupied -- around 10:20 p.m. Thursday, about seven minutes before finding the men, who acknowledged the Hummer was theirs, police said.
Both men were carrying loaded handguns, and police found an AR-type rifle in the Hummer, authorities said at a news conference Friday. About 160 rounds of ammunition were found in the weapons and the vehicle, authorities said.
Stickers and a hat with logos of the QAnon conspiracy movement were found in the vehicle, Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner said.
LaMotta and Macias were charged with having a concealed firearm without a license and carrying a firearm on a public street or public property, Krasner said.
"This alarming incident is still very much under investigation regarding additional charges," Krasner said.
LaMotta and Macias were arraigned Friday night, and a judge set bail at $750,000 each, Krasner's spokeswoman Jane Roh said.
Details about the alleged fake ballots -- including where they came from, whether they were found in the Hummer, or what was marked on them -- weren't immediately available.
Thoughts, comments, streaming tears of frustration?

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
So... this is fun.

This is the second time this has happened in Philly. I feel like third time will be the charm. By that I mean shots being fired.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
It's always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Dude. You had a clear opening for "It's Always Funny in Philadelphia" or "Something's Funny in Philadelphia".

... I'm going to need your Internet Denizen ID number because I need to speak with your Manager.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
So... this is fun.

Ah got to it before I made a topic.

Well I'll wait with bated breath to find out which side they were trying to commit fraud for and to figure out what could have possibly spurred them on right now to do such a thing

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Why is it that you find the idea of people rigging the election in Trump's favor impossible, but not rigging it for Biden?
have I said people are rigging the elections for Biden? or have I posted articles about ongoing investigations and developments?

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
have I said people are rigging the elections for Biden? or have I posted articles about ongoing investigations and developments?
Have you been calling those articles "false flag operations" at first look?

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Have you been calling those articles "false flag operations" at first look?
I didn't, because they weren't glowing as hard as this one. Show me where I said there was fraud for Biden, I'll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.