Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm a selfish bastard but I'm happy Biden won, now the US dollars I've been earning the past few weeks will be worth more in my currency.

Reactions: Iron

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I am looking at Fox News right now and its not showing that big headline of "Joe Biden President Elected"
It only showed up for me literally 30 seconds or so ago. Fox still hasn't updated their actual map yet.

edit: Fox map now updated.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I'm not so sure of that. Will they all want to admit they accidentally followed a weak pissant for 4 years or will they double down on their support?
Admittance isn't required. They'll simply forget about him as they latch on to their next figurehead.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Exley97

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 11, 2020
Country
United States
interesting. The issue I read is that poll-watchers were denied access, so they couldn't provide much evidence because they couldn't observe it. If it's really this small of a number, it wouldn't really matter in the end. I'm just hyped from all the conspiracy theories the MAGA boys are shilling for, I'm mostly here for entertainment value.
Poll watchers were NOT denied access.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Admittance isn't required. They'll simply forget about him as they latch on to their next figurehead.
More over, they'll paint themselves like the good guys trying to lead Trump.

"We here at Fox News always knew we had the President's ear, even though his many missteps that eventually lead him to not being elected by the American People. We offered policies, issues, and demographics key to tempering a malcontent President... but alas, we could do so much. Trump lost, but we only hope the new Republican Candidate can learn from the failed Presidency and heed us closer, as no one knows what you as Americans want more than we do."

Its saying "Projected to Win"
As custom, once a state gets past 99% voting, and there's more than a .5% lead over the opponent, that State is called for the candidate that has more than .5%.

Like my example with Gore/Bush in 2000, the state was actually won by Gore by like 500 votes, but by that time the state was called for Bush (by Bush's own brother) and Gore conceded.

We don't have to worry about Trump Conceding.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Both Georgia Senate seats will be heading to runoff elections in January! They will together decide who controls the body for the next 2 years.

Dems will need to win both to have a 50-50 (plus Harris tiebreaker) majority.
Reps will only need to win one to have a straight-up majority.
Rep did lose some seats so the dems just need to convince one or two to vote on a law to get it past. Also a 50-50 Congress would be interesting

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Poll watchers were NOT denied access.

Dude did you read this or did you just read it said it debunked his claims? The whole article is an exercise in obfuscating information

edit: I'm just watching people in the press conference talk about this. I guess they're all liars

Last edited:

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I ain't celebrating until those electoral votes are cast. Until then Trump still has an avenue to win if he doesn't care about Democracy and his supporters think this election has been stolen. And thank God that's not the reality we live in.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Dude did you read this or did you just read it said it debunked his claims? The whole article is an exercise in obfuscating information

edit: I'm just watching people in the press conference talk about this. I guess they're all liars
Rudy Ghouliani lying? Why I never...

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
I'm very pleased that Biden has won, not only because it will greatly benefit people in the United States but because it will prevent our own government in the UK from easily obtaining a trade deal with the US if they decide to break the Good Friday Agreement in their pursuit of a hard exit from the European Union.

Status
Not open for further replies.