Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Dude did you read this or did you just read it said it debunked his claims? The whole article is an exercise in obfuscating information

edit: I'm just watching people in the press conference talk about this. I guess they're all liars
Is someone at least paying you to shill for Trump? Because I sure hope your constant apologism for him doesn't come for free.

Exley97

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 11, 2020
Country
United States
Dude did you read this or did you just read it said it debunked his claims? The whole article is an exercise in obfuscating information

edit: I'm just watching people in the press conference talk about this. I guess they're all liars
I did, in fact, read it. Did you?

From the article: "Mr. Trump's own lawyers admitted there are representatives from the campaign in the convention center where ballots are being processed, according to CNN. During a hearing in a separate case filed in federal court, Jerome Marcus, a lawyer for the campaign, told Judge Paul Diamond "there's a non-zero number of people in the room."

When you tell a judge there's a "non-zero" number of poll watchers in the room, what do you think that means? And how do you think a judge will react, since the lawsuit was filed on the grounds that poll watchers weren't allow in? (for fun, I suggest you check out additional articles on Judge Diamond's responses)

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I do it for fun, you do the opposite for brownie points from peers.
You purposely spread objectively false information that undermines the integrity of the election for fun?

Reactions: Kwak

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I'm very pleased that Biden has won, not only because it will greatly benefit people in the United States but because it will prevent our own government in the UK from easily obtaining a trade deal with the US if they decide to break the Good Friday Agreement in their pursuit of a hard exit from the European Union.
Doubtful. The political fallout from that would be miniscule and quickly forgotten. If anyone outside of the island of Ireland really gives that much of a fuck about the GFA (and almost nobody in our government does really, FF and FG may pay lip service to it but Leo has never hidden his contempt for unification and the north in general) I'd be surprised. Our government won't really care because our economy is built on American FDI, the only party that values reunification and is willing to take a swing at the multinationals will need a miracle to ever be in government and the people of the US probably have very little awareness of the situation up north so he wouldn't really lose favour with anyone if he signed a deal to sell the UK poison chicken.

Just remembered Fine Gael low-key want to rejoin the commonwealth.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I did, in fact, read it. Did you?

From the article: "Mr. Trump's own lawyers admitted there are representatives from the campaign in the convention center where ballots are being processed, according to CNN. During a hearing in a separate case filed in federal court, Jerome Marcus, a lawyer for the campaign, told Judge Paul Diamond "there's a non-zero number of people in the room."

When you tell a judge there's a "non-zero" number of poll watchers in the room, what do you think that means? And how do you think a judge will react, since the lawsuit was filed on the grounds that poll watchers weren't allow in? (for fun, I suggest you check out additional articles on Judge Diamond's responses)
Notice how the question was worded, and how it was answered and why they quoted specifically that. It's obfuscation par excellence

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Doubtful. The political fallout from that would be miniscule and quickly forgotten. If anyone outside of the island of Ireland really gives that much of a fuck about the GFA (and almost nobody in our government does really, FF and FG may pay lip service to it but Leo has never hidden his contempt for unification and the north in general) I'd be surprised. Our government won't really care because our economy is built on American FDI, the only party that values reunification and is willing to take a swing at the multinationals will need a miracle to ever be in government and the people of the US probably have very little awareness of the situation up north so he wouldn't really lose favour with anyone if he signed a deal to sell the UK poison chicken.
If this was an agreement that included any other smaller European country, you'd likely be correct.

Ireland is a vastly different beast in American culture (and therefore politics) though.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
lel you can't even back up your accusations against me
*am not bothering to look over 60 pages of forum posts to prove a point to someone with the eloquence of a 16 year old who wouldn't accept it anyway

Ftfy

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
*am not bothering to look over 60 pages of forum posts to prove a point to someone with the eloquence of a 16 year old who wouldn't accept it anyway

Ftfy
You're acting smug with nothing but manufactured consent behind you

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
She's been unable to post on this site for months now. Can we leave her alone?
Like there is absolutely no reason for it. None.

A marginalized and mistreated member of our society yelled about injustices in our society, turned out to be right about a good number of things, and we still try to use her as a punchline?

Let it go people, or at least focus on me. I at least have the capability to fight back.

Status
Not open for further replies.