Gaming Journalists Make No Damn Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Ah yes, because bad movies have never been made before. This is only a problem now when woke people turned up.
They can be made, but not while shitting on the legacy of male characters in the guise of progress.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ah yes, because bad movies have never been made before. This is only a problem now when woke people turned up.
Because some bad movies are being propped up as not bad but anyone objecting to them being a bad person.............

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Easy to move the goal-post. It's a never ending parade.
Those shit writers are hired for a reason. Before this trend they wouldn't get picked up by anyone, and their scripts would be thrown in the bin where they belong. Instead there is a transparent push to correct course with hiring practices and accept people for roles and positions simply based on the labels they have. Which is what gave us wonderful things like the batwoman series.
My dude, shit has been getting published ever since there was publishing. Penny dreadfuls, pulps, tin pan alley songs, B-movies, cheap operas, "direct to video," need I go on?

This conversation debased itself into "no u".
You're so weak.
He's got a point. Your argument is basically, "Art must be done this way only! Doing art this other way is forbidden!"

Reactions: CaitSeith

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
My dude, shit has been getting published ever since there was publishing. Penny dreadfuls, pulps, tin pan alley songs, B-movies, cheap operas, "direct to video," need I go on?

He's got a point. Your argument is basically, "Art must be done this way only! Doing art this other way is forbidden!"
Why is my criticism getting thrown to the trash? Trukage has no point.
Opponents have tried to defend these titles, then tried to attack the argument itself... I don't understand the way you've so fervently tried to dismiss our grievances. You've said before that you don't agree with us. They why would you go out of your way to to belittle our opinions?

Why does this make you all feel attacked and uncomfortable?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Nobody is saying that anything is forbidden. Can we please drop the hyperbole and twisting of words and actually focus on what people are saying? That'd be great, thanks.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Nobody is saying that anything is forbidden. Can we please drop the hyperbole and twisting of words and actually focus on what people are saying? That'd be great, thanks.
The level of the conversation is definitely juvenile and I am certain that others don't join the fray because they aren't allowed to call us names.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
If you worried about bad movies, cool. If you think bad movies due to women and minorities not acting appropriately...
Well I don't think heroes should be crushing civilians hands just because said civilian mildly offended them............You know unless its literally a film where the point is supposed to be the Hero is incompetent or meant to be seen as bad......

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Why does this make you all feel attacked and uncomfortable?
1605053029775.png

You can do better than this. I dismiss the whole "trashing legacies of male characters" thing because it's bullshit. The originals are still there, you can still access them, you're just getting worked up over the fact that someone had the audacity to re-imagine a male power fantasy. Just because you have beef doesn't obligate us to take it seriously.

Let me ask you a question: What have you lost because Nathan Drake got beat up by a woman mercenary? Really. What about the Uncharted franchise has been damaged by this? Are the previous games materially effected by this? Does it diminish your ability to go back and enjoy them?

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
View attachment 1504

You can do better than this. I dismiss the whole "trashing legacies of male characters" thing because it's bullshit. The originals are still there, you can still access them, you're just getting worked up over the fact that someone had the audacity to re-imagine a male power fantasy. Just because you have beef doesn't obligate us to take it seriously.

Let me ask you a question: What have you lost because Nathan Drake got beat up by a woman mercenary? Really. What about the Uncharted franchise has been damaged by this? Are the previous games materially effected by this? Does it diminish your ability to go back and enjoy them?
"Can still access them"
Nope. I mentioned "gone with the wind" before. This trend will continue (not to mention the star wars cuts).
I don't care when they do this in media because I just don't buy it. I said I don't buy it, and I'm fine when it crashes. Hence "go woke get broke". I care because they are going to censor media. I care because this behavior had brought the comic book industry to its knees.

You do your feminist movies, I'll watch them if they're any good. I don't need to be hit on the head when they fail and I'm accused of its failure.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
So you have no evidence that melee isn't a major part of the game, nor can you offer a definition of what "major" means to you.

Reminds me of this.

They're willing to watch hundreds of their comrades die by the hands of this one guy, and still keep fighting him. They're willing to fight in collapsing structures and burning buildings, to the death, with this bar-room brawler THAT NOBODY CAN BEAT. And they're willing to keep losing. Kind of like how that guy in Iron Man 3 didn't immediately surrender because "honestly, I hate working here, they are so weird"

Oh wait, that's exactly what he did because he made peanuts and his heart wasn't in it.
Which is the exact opposite of how the guys in Uncharted act.

You have no arguments left. The only thing you can do is bring up irrelevant examples from irrelevant properties.

Some people wait for reviews, and wait to see what the community says, before buying games.

Also, bonus Critical Miss
I played the fucking games, melee is not important. I can play through the 90+% of the games' encounters without using melee without handicapping myself cuz, you know, a bullet to the head kills faster than punching someone.

Just wow dude, action movie logic totally goes over your head. You're actually arguing the goons in Uncharted have their hearts in it because they're continuing the fight while the building is on a fire? How many classic action movie set-pieces wouldn't happen if goons actually behaved logically? That's the fucking joke on how trope-y the whole thing is. I guess Cabin in the Woods merely demonstrates how realistically horror movie characters act vs being a deconstruction of tropes. I think I need to get on the wire to let everyone know about this thing that nobody but you knew about.

Um she uses guns and other weapons in said clip mostly vs unarmed grunts.

1:22 she gets hit and resorts to using a knife
2:18 she gets slice by a knife in a knife fight
3:36 she gets kicked by a man while fighting using knives
4:00 grabbed and smashed into a mirror
4:25 hit with a chair
4:32 stabbed in the side
4:43 grabbed by throat
4:50 thrown through a table

People do get weapons tend to be great equalisers right? Especially firearms

In Mako Mori's case it's weapon skill she uses mostly there and again it ends with her ahead by 1 point not winning perfect vs 0 score.

Being informed consumers

Because you're pulling in gamers as a whole not really one specific group or other based on genitals lol

DLC sells less but again it was stand alone and did really quite badly from what I hear.

As for Abby

and

The whole hallway scene is her with a knife vs guys with knives...

Mako Mori lets him get those points... Wait, women can have weapon skills and it's OK but not unarmed combat skills? The rules just keep getting stranger and stranger.

Being able to play as a dude and being able to play as a gal is doing the opposite of pulling in gamers? How?

Name one standalone DLC that sold as well as the main game.

If you spent as much time analyzing stuff that doesn't make sense in post-apocalyptic scenarios (or just TLOU specifically) as you did with Abby, you'd find far more egregious issues with regards to realism.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I don't care when they do this in media
Yes you do, or this conversation never would have happened. And fuck Gone with the Wind.

I care because this behavior had brought the comic book industry to its knees.
You have yet to actually demonstrate that. The evidence on your side has amounted to a bunch of anecdotes combined to a sample size that can't crack triple digits, a lot of conjecture and a lot of self-pity.

You do your feminist movies, I'll watch them if they're any good. I don't need to be hit on the head when they fail and I'm accused of its failure.
Holy shit, you took that personally?

Reactions: Gyrobot

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
View attachment 1504

You dismiss it I cite Trashing the classics undoing it.

Your move.

The originals are still there but now:

Rather than having a load of adventures and getting married to a kick ass Jedi woman Luke becomes a bitter old hermit.

Captain America never actually punched Hitler

I'm sure I could come up with more too.

You know there's actually ways to build up new characters without tearing down what came before?

As for what is lost with Nadine? The sense of consistency and immersion. Sorry but some-one with technique that sloppy shouldn't be able to take a fight and barely get hit once when it's 2 vs 1. The only example I can show of something similar would be when the guards in question in another media property thought the person was meant to be a guest so were caught off guard.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Yes you do, or this conversation never would have happened. And fuck Gone with the Wind.

You have yet to actually demonstrate that. The evidence on your side has amounted to a bunch of anecdotes combined to a sample size that can't crack triple digits, a lot of conjecture and a lot of self-pity.

Holy shit, you took that personally?
Take what personally?

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Take what personally?
There, you're doing it again. The self-pity.

Also, still no evidence that Ms. Marvel hurt Marvel.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You know there's actually ways to build up new characters without tearing down what came before?
Certain people think that the olden times, and any vestiges of them, should be destroyed. Look at how many statues have been toppled this year. The Patriarchy must be smashed.

I don't think certain people want to create new things. I think they just want to destroy the things they disagree with, because they think those things are evil.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Hey how about this one? Another set of different statics

Also goes into some complaints about the current seasons. Some of which I agree with. Also note... not much talk of vaginas here. Maybe the decrease has got more to do with poor writing than vaginas?
Jodie Whittaker's seasons are just so bad and it's nothing to do with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.