Would you take a Covid-19 vaccine?

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
There seems to be a surprising amount of people who would refuse to take a vaccine for Covid-19. What would you do?

Being brutally pragmatic, since I'm probably a low priority for a vaccine, I can always wait and see what happens to the people who get the initial allocation of vaccine doses.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
I mean, I think I could wait a couple months assuming it's not instantly available to everyone anyways, I'm by no means in a risky situation for it. But I'd take it eventually assuming it's recommended for me to. Tho if it's immediately highly available I suppose it'd be my duty to take it quickly and I'd do so because I care about how this would impact the lives of others.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
I mean I wouldn't refuse to, but realistically speaking it'll likely be in limited supply for a good long while. I work from home and am comfortable limiting my interpersonal interactions enough that my risk of exposure is minimal. As consequence, I reason that while I'd like to eliminate the risk factor for myself, it's better to make sure that an initially limited supply first goes to those who are...well, more at risk than I am. The people in hospitals, service industries, the kids going to school...those people have a greater need of it than I do, and I'm not selfish enough to prioritize myself over them.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Yes, if it's passed it's appropriate trials, once it becomes available to me, after the more important people get it.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Sure, I'd happily take one if offered. I'm considered vulnerable under the UK government guidelines due to medical conditions, although considering my age and general fitness, I don't think I'm at much risk in reality. If it can also reduce the risk of spreading the virus to older, more vulnerable relatives and coworkers, etc, then that be nice, too. Jury's still out on that one.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Yes, take the vaccine, when it's available to me. If I really need one, given I've already had the coronalurgy.

I almost wouldn't complain if a law was passed saying that people who didn't vaccinate were barred entry to numerous places like care homes, schools, pubs, etc.: because I have no time for these selfish wankers who think it's okay to kill other people because they think they're too fucking special.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Sure, but I suspect there's going to be a long line of people ahead of me due to being vulnerable/essential medical personnel and such. They can't just magic hundreds of millions of doses out of thin air and that's just for my country.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Yes, take the vaccine, when it's available to me. If I really need one, given I've already had the coronalurgy.

I almost wouldn't complain if a law was passed saying that people who didn't vaccinate were barred entry to numerous places like care homes, schools, pubs, etc.: because I have no time for these selfish wankers who think it's okay to kill other people because they think they're too fucking special.
I suspect they're going to become mandatory vaccinations for kids going back to school, assuming they're cleared for childern to take.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I suspect they're going to become mandatory vaccinations for kids going back to school, assuming they're cleared for childern to take.
Fine by me. I'm kind of done with a lot of the bullshit.

It's been tough for a whole lot of the world, and I'm fed up of people offering magical ideas of reopening the economy and never going into lockdown, and then it turning out most of these people are the ones who won't wear facemasks and wash/sterilise their hands properly. We need lockdowns because of these people, for whom a simple personal responsibility of alcohol rub and cloth round the face is some sort of intolerable burden, and think their god-given rights extend to negligent homicide. Fuck the lot of them. Take them to the police station in handcuffs and jab a vaccine into them whether they like it or not every damn day until they get the message that they're just a ****. And if takes more than a month for them to twig, switch from intramuscular to intratesticular (or female equivalent).

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Thankfully my last name ends near the end of the alphabet, and I am low risk, so I don't really get a choice.

If they offered to make me a test subject; no.

If they offered to give me two doses in January maybe.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I sincerely doubt I'm anywhere near the top of the list of candidates, so I figure by the time it's available to the likes of me, it'll already have been tested on the rich, famous and powerful.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Thankfully my last name ends near the end of the alphabet, and I am low risk, so I don't really get a choice.

If they offered to make me a test subject; no.

If they offered to give me two doses in January maybe.
January seems a bit optimistic, especially since that implies a US government who has their shit together(even assuming sufficient doses available) and we already knows that's far from the case.

I'm guessing Summer for most of the US population at best.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Yes, and none of this nonsense of so and so first. If I can get it, I'm getting it. Then so and so don't have to worry about me spreading it to them.

Reactions: tippy2k2

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I'm certain I would be required to very early on due to the nature of my work, but I'm a lower priority than actual medical workers so I'd be curious to see how they work out the timing. Once my slot is assigned I'll take it - I'm dead certain this will not be a free for all in my country so everyone's turn will come when they are assigned.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
A few Australian states started that sort of thing ("No jab, no pay/play") a few years before corona, oddly Murdoch's crew were pushing it. So, conspiracy theorise away!

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Yeah, I would take it if it means I no longer have to wear a mask. But I don't want to be among the first people to take it, I want other people to have it to make sure it doesn't kill people or create an army of Rage Zombies. I'm not entirely sure how high up the list funeral personnel are on the list of people to get it, I may just have to wait with the rest of the normal people to get it. But by then, I could just have been eaten by Rage Zombies.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, I would take it if it means I no longer have to wear a mask. But I don't want to be among the first people to take it, I want other people to have it to make sure it doesn't kill people or create an army of Rage Zombies. I'm not entirely sure how high up the list funeral personnel are on the list of people to get it, I may just have to wait with the rest of the normal people to get it. But by then, I could just have been eaten by Rage Zombies.
Pretty sure you're not going to get eaten by covid vaccine rage zombies. OTOH, you occasionally get rage zombies from other sources, so you could get eaten by one of them.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
I would take it.

But i am very low priority so i don't expect it to happen that soon.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Probably a few more health department from a variety of countries need to okay it before I'm cool with it. I dont just want the examiners, the company they work for or even reviewers of the study.

But Im likely to low on the list as well, this will probably happen well in advance of me having the opportunity to get it