Proud boys are done with the pretense. Going full Nazi

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It is an argument with some logic to it. It's not necessarily a good argument, though, because there is no reason to assume key split was between the racists and the non-racists. It could have easily been between the extreme racists and the not-so-extreme racists, or a difference in strategy, or competing individuals in authority, or an argument about the catering at their last function which spiralled out of control.
Its like how Hydra split from the Nazis because they weren't racist enough

Because a high proportion of people who think "get out of my wallet" also think "ban men from marrying each other". Everyone knows that US libertarianism has long had a thick streak of social conservatism.
US Libertarians are generally weird. But then I look at Rand. She explains a lot

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
I can't believe that the guy who did this...

...founded the modern American equivalent of the Sturmabteilung

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Yeah, I don't know how that actually owned the libs. Owned himself maybe. But I'm just a stupid 'lib'

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't know how that actually owned the libs. Owned himself maybe. But I'm just a stupid 'lib'
I don't know how sticking things up yer butt owns the libs.

But I'm not willing to try myself to find out.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I don't know. I saw him jesting about the creation of the Proud Boys, openly stating it was a joke and his shock that so many took it seriously. It seemed comic to me.
I think it's interesting that McInnes did try to row back on the Proud Boys and dissociate himself somewhat. It suggests it was a jape that went out of control somewhat.

There are certainly political beliefs that inform McInnes's activities. But some people live to provoke. They will prod and prod at whatever the orthodoxy of their day is, because that's just what and how they are. Once one sacred cow dies, they'll move on to kicking the next one. Contrarians? Provocateurs? Exhibitionists?

Well, there are really dozens of Sturmabteilung-wannabes. The Proud Boys are just an unusually high profile one - perhaps more by luck than intention.

Reactions: gorfias

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, if they want to stop being a white supremacist group, and start being an anal toy group...love trumps hate?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
A change in leadership, and a purge ensues. The way the US had been operating in the last 5 years these goys will not last another year as a functioning organization.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
They also stabbed some people in DC today.
Edit: and for those of you who still believe some woke-ified police force will save us, the cops have done essentially nothing to stop the ongoing Proud Boy rampage which of course they haven’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
They also stabbed some people in DC today.
Edit: and for those of you who still believe some woke-ified police force will save us, the cops have done essentially nothing to stop the ongoing Proud Boy rampage which of course they haven’t.
Do you have a link to that? Cause Reuters says just one person was stabbed. Also that police had arrested 10 people "...including four for firearms violations, two for assault and one for assaulting an officer."

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Do you have a link to that? Cause Reuters says just one person was stabbed. Also that police had arrested 10 people "...including four for firearms violations, two for assault and one for assaulting an officer."
Yeah, that’s a far cry from riot lines, tear gas, etc. We all know what they could be bringing against them right now but aren’t. As for the stabbing I read three victims.
Edit: like, in one fucking house in DC the cops bottled in like five times that many people. IN ONE HOUSE.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
“Ah, but I saw a video retweeted by the president that showed an old guy getting clocked by an ethnic thug! Oh, he’d literally been punching people seconds before? Well, nevertheless...”
Between this and the Rittenhouse event, this seems like a recurring theme.

"Antagonize and follow them as they retreat. Attack from behind. If you get hurt, it's their fault. If they get hurt, it's their fault."