Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Can't help but laugh, comparing that to your profile picture. Lindsey Graham getting out of prison just in time for the Horus Heresy would indeed be fitting punishment.
So what you're saying is as soon as he gets out of prison in 28,310 years we should use our new space Marine Technology om him

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Pfft that old fuck could never cut it as a Space Marine. Term him into a servitor assigned to count votes in the Senatorum Imperialis.
Yeah, you are supposed to be like 12 (might have been different during the HH), he's a few orders of magnitude too old by then.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Pfft that old fuck could never cut it as a Space Marine. Term him into a servitor assigned to count votes in the Senatorum Imperialis.
Exterminatus method. Appoint him planetary governor and just let nature take its course. Or the planet will glass itself to be rid of him. Whichever comes first, you know?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I haven’t had a drink in three months but reading your godawful posts has made me reconsider.
Sounds like you need a good therapist mate. Taking out your personal feelings on unrelated people isn't healthy.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Sounds like you need a good therapist mate. Taking out your personal feelings on unrelated people isn't healthy.
Nah it’s working out great for me man, how’s it working out for you?

Reactions: Seanchaidh

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
No, I got it, you're just completely wrong. Corporatism is not "small government", it's the exact opposite of "small government".

"Small government" is not interventionism on behalf of private corporate interests, whether through market re-regulation to protect large corporations up to and including foreign military intervention on behalf of large corporations. "Small government" is not grossly expanding police power and eroding fundamental civil liberties for decades on end. "Small government" is not a trillion-dollar-per-year defense budget as dictated by a Byzantine defense bureaucracy and massive military-industrial complex. "Small government" is not enabling corporate capture of executive agencies whilst simultaneously not reducing their size, scope, or breadth of powers, and in many cases expanding it so as to better-benefit large corporations. "Small government" is not picking and choosing between fundamental rights and liberties using a single religion as the basis for those choices in violation of the principles behind the First Amendment, and using the power of government to enforce the presence -- or lack thereof -- of those rights and liberties.
You're no longer talking about a viewpoint that actually exists. You're not only complaining about caricatures, you're mixing different people's views together to make it look like there's a contradiction when there isn't

Also, you're largely describing neoliberalism now, a phenomenon that largely grew out of opposition to small government conservatism among people who believed the nonsense that you do about the Depression. Like, weren't we talking about Calvin Coolidge?

What, you're now going to say strict adherence to the gold and silver standard, while deregulating Wall Street and the banks, and allowing the outbound flow of capitol via high-risk loans to Weimar Germany creating a fatal liquidity trap, weren't major contributors to the Great Depression? Or are you just going to derp off with a bunch of decades-long debunked Glenn Beck bullshit about the Fed?
Sure. I'll just keep my "every mainstream opinion about the cause of the Depression" to myself then, and you can go off on whatever fairy tale you feel like.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
You're no longer talking about a viewpoint that actually exists.
Other than the fact I've described the administration of every Republican president, and the agenda of every GOP Congress, since Reagan, sure. Was Chevron "small government" by any conceivable definition no matter how stupid, when the EPA under Anne Gorsuch positively intervened on coal companies' behalf to redefine an emissions source as an entire plant, effectively writing new law, and SCOTUS upheld the EPA's decision effectively rewriting the entirety of US administrative law overnight?

...the Depression. Like, weren't we talking about Calvin Coolidge?

[...]

Sure. I'll just keep my "every mainstream opinion about the cause of the Depression" to myself then, and you can go off on whatever fairy tale you feel like.
If you're trying to talk about the Depression without talking about Coolidge, you don't know anything about the Depression. Which is precisely why you just said what you did.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA

He fire the director of Homeland Security because he told him the results of the election that Biden won.

Trump is delusional, when he was denying the vote at first it seemed kind of funny but now it's just getting pathetic and honestly really concerning.

And there's so many people like my parents that refuse to admit Trump lost in fact my dad 100% believes they will win the election even though it's been more than a week. Like Holy Fuck!

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
He fire the director of Homeland Security because he told him the results of the election that Biden won.
Of course he did.

We were all warned this was coming. Trump is insecure, petty and vindictive. He's cleared out anyone who has disagreed with him publicly, and now he's stuck in his own personal hell as the USA's loser-in-chief, he's lashing out more than ever. The other thing he is doing - as predicted - is metaphorically smearing shit all over the walls of government to punish Biden for beating him.

Exley97

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 11, 2020
Country
United States

Trump is delusional, when he was denying the vote at first it seemed kind of funny but now it's just getting pathetic and honestly really concerning.

And there's so many people like my parents that refuse to admit Trump lost in fact my dad 100% believes they will win the election even though it's been more than a week. Like Holy Fuck!
He fired the director of *CISA*, not DHS. CISA is the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency under DHS.

It's worth noting that Chris Krebs is pretty much universally respected within the infosec world, and with good reason. He worked tirelessly to improve the security around the decentralized election infrastructure across the country. And he was fired because CISA, as part of it's election security and integrity initiatives, was countering disinformation and conspiracy theories online about the election. You can see more on CISA's Rumor Control site below.

While in the past most of this disinformation was coming from foreign threat actors (Russia, Iran, etc.), much of it recently has come directly from Trump and his ilk. And when Krebs and his folks refused to get on board with Trump's messaging about the election being stolen via Dominion or Hammer & Scorecard or whatever the latest fever dream from Qanon supporters is, Trump fired him. Via a Tweet. And it's gotten a collective shrug from the rest of the GOP, because they're either partian hacks who are loyal to Trump or they're cowards who are too afraid to go against him.

Reactions: SupahEwok

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

from there, we get the clapback

Of note, he mentioned that the largest discrepancy number were in Livonia, a 95% white community, but Palmer and Hartmann (the Republicans on the board) passed them without incident. Even while admitting they were aware of the discrepancy.

And now...

Here's what I hope will happen.

The growth of the Independent Party from this mess. If it needs to be a two party system, then I rather it be Independents and Democrats now. I really don't know what number of incidents this is that Republicans stood in the way of the American People's vote. But it's enough.

This is disgusting. And I'm sure it will be met with either ignoring the situation by conservatives or once again, reaching to justify another betrayal of the standards and rights of Americans who happened to vote for someone other than their party.

You can make up any fears you have for Democrats who will be in charge. But as long as you're ignoring what actual Republican Representatives are doing to your fellow citizens, your words and your fears mean nothing. Because you're simply concerned with your opinion, and not America entire.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
How times change. He dropped out of the race for plagiarism. Now we have so much tolerance that a guy with a history of sexual assault can win the nominee and presidency.
Aw, how cute. There was once a time where people would pull out over something like plagiarism. These days you can kill tens of thousands of your own citizens through bad policy and carry on campaigning like you're the dog's bollocks.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
How times change. He dropped out of the race for plagiarism. Now we have so much tolerance that a guy with a history of sexual assault can win the nominee and presidency.

That's hardly new. America proved in 2016 it was just fine and dandy with election a guy that had a history of sexual assault.

Fact is that both candidates had such allegations this year. Of course the other guy had far, far more of them.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
That's hardly new. America proved in 2016 it was just fine and dandy with election a guy that had a history of sexual assault.

Fact is that both candidates had such allegations this year. Of course the other guy had far, far more of them.
I found it hilarious MeToo was taken behind the shed and unceremoniously shot when the DNC picked Biden as the presidential nominee.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble
Status
Not open for further replies.