Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
And how long have they been limited in capacity and only available to a select few people whose circumstances make it impossible for them to vote in person?
And why didn't the government just open up mail-in voting to everyone until 2020? What reasons did they have to restrict it?
I suggest you get Googling, because those questions indicate you do not know what the reality of mail-in voting is out there in your country.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Assuming that "the democrats" DID conspire to steal this election, they would have had to do it through mail-in ballots. Fraud is too hard to commit in-person.
And for that they require the postal service which they don't have since its under the direct control of a Trump loyalist. Also many of the swing states are not led by Democrats so why they'd play dirty to help Biden would need some serious explaining.

We hear all about this alleged fraud but who's doing it?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I'm hearing another tactic team Trump is trying: 8/9ths of contested states have Republican legislatures. Throw enough doubt into the election and they can select the electors themselves.

2 weeks to go.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
And how long have they been limited in capacity and only available to a select few people whose circumstances make it impossible for them to vote in person?
And why didn't the government just open up mail-in voting to everyone until 2020? What reasons did they have to restrict it?
I dunno, it’s been in my state my whole life

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
13 tweets:

Why were they trying to erase evidence from the dominion voting machines?

Last edited:

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
Yeah, that's a real witty zinger, but the pandemic didn't magically make mail-in ballots more secure, which was what I was asking about. What changed to make mail-in ballots more secure?

The pandemic didn't make mail-in ballots more secure but it did make it more necessary because it answers the question you asked Agema.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I'm hearing another tactic team Trump is trying: 8/9ths of contested states have Republican legislatures. Throw enough doubt into the election and they can select the electors themselves.

2 weeks to go.
Yeah. What better way to resolve potential electoral irregularities than to just overrule the vote entirely?

"I'm a pollster..."
"... so despite having the professional competence to try to answer these sorts of questions, I'm going to hang out a load of questions to imply there was fraud instead."

"Epstein killed himself just like the official sources told me!"
Why is it so unlikely a man who had been utterly humiliated by going from gazillionaire jet-setter to life sentence social pariah might commit suicide?

Reactions: gorfias

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
This was reversed within hours by the same judge, because the defendants in the case were State officials, and the voting machines weren't under State jurisdiction. Essentially the plaintiffs filed suit against the wrong people if they wanted that outcome.

Why were they trying to erase evidence from the dominion voting machines?
The machines were always scheduled to be wiped today (30th Nov). That's just good data hygiene; you don't leave potentially-sensitive data on a machine longer than you need it to be there.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Yeah. What better way to resolve potential electoral irregularities than to just overrule the vote entirely?

Why is it so unlikely a man who had been utterly humiliated by going from gazillionaire jet-setter to life sentence social pariah might commit suicide?
A huge % of Republicans think the election was stolen but want the President to concede for various reasons. If Trump does win with this method, I anticipate a lot of hard feelings.
As for Epstein, I think the guards said they were asleep just feet from his cell, there were 2 surveillance cameras that should have caught information that were both on the fritz and Epstein had broken neck bones. The official coroner said the injuries were more consistent suicide than homicide but, "pathologist Michael Baden to be present for the autopsy. Mr Baden concluded that Epstein’s injuries were not consistent with suicide by hanging as the New York City Medical Examiner said.
Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/27/jeff...-murdered-lawyer-claims-12763768/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
The pandemic didn't make mail-in ballots more secure
So, given that before the pandemic, people were saying that mail-in ballots had security issues and were open to fraud, and now people are saying "mail in ballots are safe and secure", and given that nothing happened in-between to improve mail-in ballots, isn't this clear evidence of a fabricated media narrative?

So do you agree or disagree with what happened in Clark County, where the vote was tossed out because they found too many irregularities?

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
A huge % of Republicans think the election was stolen but want the President to concede for various reasons. If Trump does win with this method, I anticipate a lot of hard feelings.
I mean, the idea that the election was stolen basically stems down to "I don't like the results, so they can't be true"

The reason why Republicans won while Trump didn't is simple: Trump is more divisive than the Republican Party as a whole. The Lincoln Project shows that. Those Republicans didn't say leave the Republican Party, they simply said leave Trump.

White Men didn't come out for Trump as they did in 2016. Five points loss with White Males is devastating. But that's neither here nor there.

It's about selective reality.

"Trump gained with Blacks and Latinos. See?! That's proof on how Popular Trump is. There has to be a fix."

"Trump lost with White males. See?! There's no way that can be because of how obviously Popular Trump is. There has to be a fix."

"Millions flooded the streets cheering and thanking any deity that would listen that Trump lost. But that doesn't mean anything, there couldn't be enough numbers for a Biden Win. There has to be a fix."

"Trump has said this was going to be a rigged election since even before the election season started, without any proof or real attempt to shore up security other than have his cronies do everything possible to limit the democrats' vote. And he Didn't Get To Limit the Democratic Vote! AND HE LOST! There has to be a fix."

"All the Republican judges keep throwing out Trump's lawyers lawsuits because they want something silly like evidence and facts! They won't purge these votes even though Trump said they should be! There has to be a fix."

One can't pick and choose Reality. I'm happy that Trump lost. But I have to live with the fact that with the no end of horrors that Trump gave this country weekly (besides the economy which people love to pretend excuses everything), near 74 Million people still found that to be perfectly acceptable. That chills me to my core, but that is reality.

Just like Trump lost.

It wasn't a blow out like I wanted. So I was defeated there. But Trump lost. Reality.

And speaking about selective reality, why are we supposed to accept that every vote for Trump is valid and every Democrat vote is Sus? I have just as much proof that those near 74 million votes for Trump are valid as those high percent of republicans who think the election was stolen because there's no way that Biden can win...

I will not understand the loyalty this man earned. The man who is obsessed with Pardoning himself. An act that only can ever work if there was a crime to Pardon.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I mean, the idea that the election was stolen basically stems down to "I don't like the results, so they can't be true"

The reason why Republicans won while Trump didn't is simple: Trump is more divisive than the Republican Party as a whole. The Lincoln Project shows that. Those Republicans didn't say leave the Republican Party, they simply said leave Trump.

White Men didn't come out for Trump as they did in 2016. Five points loss with White Males is devastating. But that's neither here nor there.

It's about selective reality.

"Trump gained with Blacks and Latinos. See?! That's proof on how Popular Trump is. There has to be a fix."

"Trump lost with White males. See?! There's no way that can be because of how obviously Popular Trump is. There has to be a fix."

"Millions flooded the streets cheering and thanking any deity that would listen that Trump lost. But that doesn't mean anything, there couldn't be enough numbers for a Biden Win. There has to be a fix."

"Trump has said this was going to be a rigged election since even before the election season started, without any proof or real attempt to shore up security other than have his cronies do everything possible to limit the democrats' vote. And he Didn't Get To Limit the Democratic Vote! AND HE LOST! There has to be a fix."

"All the Republican judges keep throwing out Trump's lawyers lawsuits because they want something silly like evidence and facts! They won't purge these votes even though Trump said they should be! There has to be a fix."

One can't pick and choose Reality. I'm happy that Trump lost. But I have to live with the fact that with the no end of horrors that Trump gave this country weekly (besides the economy which people love to pretend excuses everything), near 74 Million people still found that to be perfectly acceptable. That chills me to my core, but that is reality.

Just like Trump lost.

It wasn't a blow out like I wanted. So I was defeated there. But Trump lost. Reality.

And speaking about selective reality, why are we supposed to accept that every vote for Trump is valid and every Democrat vote is Sus? I have just as much proof that those near 74 million votes for Trump are valid as those high percent of republicans who think the election was stolen because there's no way that Biden can win...

I will not understand the loyalty this man earned. The man who is obsessed with Pardoning himself. An act that only can ever work if there was a crime to Pardon.
Trump at least makes the right noises. I imagine you saw that 3 min. excerpt of Michael Moore in Trumpland. It was accidently electric and the most pro-candidate speech I think I've ever seen. Trump tells us he gives a damn about our country, while Biden cannot wait to act like President of the World. This is like me hiring a lawyer who tells me he knows I am innocent, can easily beat the prosecutor, but the prosecutor really needs a win bad, so my lawyer intends to plead me guilty and have me serve a few years.

For Biden to have won, he had to be the first candidate to beat a sitting President who improved upon his first election totals in 150 years. And he had to do this while more or less not campaigning, but hiding in his basement.

I understand there were record amounts of hate for Trump. I cannot believe that hatred motivated over 70 million people to bother voting for a senile war monger racist who intends to sell us out as fast and as often as he possibly can.

But it is out of our hands. What is going to happen is going to happen. I'm actually trying to not pay attention to what happens as either way, I'm just going to get aggravated. Thank goodness for Steam sales to distract me.

Reactions: ObsidianJones
Status
Not open for further replies.