Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
What do you define as a "batch"? Any arbitrary amount of votes that have yet to be submitted?
I feel this is like when one of my students sends me an email with a list of questions they could answer if they just opened one of the course textbooks that they are specifically recommended and spent ten minutes reading. If you've got 8 hours to waste watching a bunch of cranks make stupid accusations at a hearing, you've got time to Google accurate information that's publicly available and actually useful.

So someone could just count ballots and add them to a batch until it accrues 150K plus votes, and then send them all in as one "batch"?
Basically yes, although less arbitrary.

Here's what you said:

" You're telling us that it's okay for old, white, billionaire men to be allowed to mess with procedure and decorum whenever it suits them, but black women need to have some respect, shut the fuck up and do what they're told. "

Please explain.
Your president is an ass ten times worse than this relatively local politician exasperated with the PR farce dragging on in front of her. But you'd rather mock her.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Then why have you already decided by calling them criminals?
You called them criminals. I was just following your assumption. See:

"And the idea that those people engaged in some massive voter fraud, risking 25-to-life while the cameras are on them is fuckin' stupid."

That's where you assumed that they were criminals.

How do you know that's what happened?
I can clearly see the absence of people there on that video. Can you not? Can you not make out that those forms and shapes moving around on the video feed are human beings, as opposed to 3 sheep in a trenchcoat?

And we also have witness affidavits from the people who were in that room, and then were told to go home, so that's how I know what was said.

We know, also from those witnesses, where the republicans were suppose to be standing, in that corner of the room, far away from all of the workers.
We can see they aren't there.
And we can see ballots are still being counted in their absence.

That right there is illegal. The republicans were there because it's the law for them to be there.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Your president is an ass ten times worse than this relatively local politician exasperated with the PR farce dragging on in front of her. But you'd rather mock her.
Oh, that's what you meant.

Sorry, I've never seen the POTUS speak out of turn at a hearing before, but if he did, I'd criticism him too.

I feel this is like when one of my students sends me an email with a list of questions they could answer if they just opened one of the course textbooks that they are specifically recommended and spent ten minutes reading. If you've got 8 hours to waste watching a bunch of cranks make stupid accusations at a hearing, you've got time to Google accurate information that's publicly available and actually useful.
So you don't know, okay.

Basically yes, although less arbitrary.
I see you ignored the rest of my post about how the vote counts are automatically submitted, not manually, and not in batches.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Criminals aren't smart. If they were, they wouldn't be criminals, now would they?
Looking at some of the sophisticated enterprises and logistics managed by criminal concerns - I mean fuck dude, that much heroin isn’t going to distribute itself worldwide now is it? - I’s say criminals are and can be plenty smart. And here’s a little secret from Huggie Bear: good crooks don’t think the coppers are stupid.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I see you ignored the rest of my post about how the vote counts are automatically submitted, not manually, and not in batches.
You are aware that states have different systems for counting and reporting, right? That hearing is in Michigan, so only tells us about Michigan. But the big spikes did not occur in Michigan.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Oh, that's what you meant.

Sorry, I've never seen the POTUS speak out of turn at a hearing before, but if he did, I'd criticism him too.
Oh, that's your excuse: it only counts against Trump if he were to do it at a hearing.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You are aware that states have different systems for counting and reporting, right? That hearing is in Michigan, so only tells us about Michigan. But the big spikes did not occur in Michigan.
The relevant point was that these are numbers provided by the same machines, alleging that these machines are open to manipulation, IIRC.

Oh, that's your excuse: it only counts against Trump if he were to do it at a hearing.
Yes, because I was talking about a black woman constantly being out of order at a hearing so it makes sense that the context be at a hearing.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Houseman has different definitions for a lot of things. You’re probably going to have to talk him through it

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I like the part where one witness kept changing the facts of her story and then pretended that writing it in an affidavit made it true

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So Trump just put this on his youtube.

Have fun

Basic idea I can grasp from it. They're going to try and claim the votes in one centre either need to be recounted or can't be verified because poll workers carried on the count without official observers which they're claiming is against state law.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
So Trump just put this on his youtube.

Have fun

Basic idea I can grasp from it. They're going to try and claim the votes in one centre either need to be recounted or can't be verified because poll workers carried on the count without official observers which they're claiming is against state law.
Trumpets really put a lot of faith in that video. And only because a voice told them that something nefarious was happening, without them understanding what they were actually looking at. Sadly, as always, their hope was short-lived.

Debunked, as expected: https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/...der-a-table-after-poll-workers-dismissed.html

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.