Video Game Food Analogies

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Inspired by Max_Dood's video from last year (his were all fighting games though), I decided to make a video game food analogies thread. Aka, games that the are the equivalent to food types, meals, or restaurants. I'll start.

• Devil May Cry 1 is Little Ceasar's.
  • Devil May Cry 2 is the cheap microwave pizza you get at the dollar store.
  • Devil May Cry 3 is Papa Romano's.
  • Devil May Cry 4 is Olive Garden.
  • Devil May Cry 5 is gourmet pizza at the highest quality Italian restaurant.
  • Bayonetta 1 & 2 are meals prepared, made, and cooked by Gordan Ramsay.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
TLOU2: Impossible Meat/Beyond Meat dishes, hated by meateaters (Weebs, chuds and certain groups for having nothing they want) and some vegetarians (People who in spite of having morally conscious diets refuses to play the game because of the abuses of the studio through crunch and exposing them to shock content)

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The later Burnout games as a whole, are every type of soda or energy drink combined.
Burnout Revenge was a shot of tequila with a Four Loko+Redbull chaser; Paradise was diet Zima slurpped off the floor of a suburban Walmart restroom.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Final Fantasy 7 is like a fine Sushi restaurant. It's fantastic and someplace you'd go every so often, but also not everyone's cup of tea because sushi is a very love it or hate it type of food. But even loving it you can't really go all the time.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Paradise was diet Zima slurpped off the floor of a suburban Walmart restroom.
I know you dislike Paradise, but I wouldn't put it down that far. I'd say it's more the equivalent of one of those Coke or Pepsi zero drinks that aren't diet drinks. And that they really don't do much to differentiate themselves. It's not horrible and there is an audience for them, but not everybody's going to appreciate it. Yet it still sells a lot.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I know you dislike Paradise, but I wouldn't put it down that far. I'd say it's more the equivalent of one of those Coke or Pepsi zero drinks that aren't diet drinks. And that they really don't do much to differentiate themselves. It's not horrible and there is an audience for them, but not everybody's going to appreciate it. Yet it still sells a lot.
Yeah, I know; just having fun with how much I personally hate the game. If it was called anything other than "Burnout," if t wasn't the next one after Revenge, I'd have probably had no problem with it. But since that IS what happened and no new Burnouts have come out since, Paradise will always be an invitation to the wedding of an ex who broke my heart: objectively nice gesture, but what the FUCK made you think that's what I wanted after everything we've been through???

Wow that's fucking harsh. Great analogy, but harsh as fuck.
Mama always said: "if you're gon be savage, take no prisoners (but stay within the bounds of forum rule and regs.)"

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Transformers Devastation was the rerelease of that breakfast cereal you loved as a child, but is itself also the genuinely good version of said cereal.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Senran Kagura:Shark Fin Soup and that is all I am gonna say.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Streets of Rage 4: A perfectly roasted and seasoned chicken with a nice crunchy apple for dessert.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Death Stranding: A molecular gastronomy experiment created by taking seemingly random ingredients, processing them into foams, arranging them in a seemingly random order, and sticking a Twizzler through the resultant mass. Somehow, mysteriously and against all reason, this still tastes pretty good.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
FROMSOFT games are like really good leftovers, that you have to reheat over and over if they’re not at the right temperature by the time you put them on the table. They will also mysteriously vanish for good if you let them sit too long on the counter, and you have to go through the entire process again.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Crysis is Filet Mignon , Cryisis 2 is Pepper Steak, and Crysis 3 is Prime Rib.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock