Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
You know who argues by posting tweets?
That sounds suspiciously like you have nothing to say to yet another show of right-wing violence. Don't think I didn't notice you cutting out those parts in previous posts.

So again, why are cops as friendly with people at a cook out as they are with people breaking down the doors of congress while congress is inside and calling for executions?

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
So again, why are cops as friendly with people at a cook out as they are with people breaking down the doors of congress while congress is inside and calling for executions?
I don't know that they were. In that video, it doesn't look like any doors are being broken down. What's the timeline here, cause I know at some point someone goes too far out of line and gets shot, and I'm betting it's after selfie time.

I'm trying to understand the events, not characterize them in the way that best suits my priorities.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I don't know that they were. In that video, it doesn't look like any doors are being broken down. What's the timeline here, cause I know at some point someone goes too far out of line and gets shot, and I'm betting it's after selfie time.

I'm trying to understand the events, not characterize them in the way that best suits my priorities.
You serious?

VIDEO: You can see Capitol Police and Chamber Security with guns drawn and barricading the door with a bench. This was taken by Congressman @RepDanKildee, from the House Chambers, as a pro-Trump mob attempted to break into the House floor. @wxyzdetroit

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Something something looters should get the bullet too.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
But he said he would be walking with them, what, he lied?
Well, that's Trump for you. He enjoys winding people up and watching them go, for the sense of power it gives him.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
74 million people voted for this imbecile. How does a person with at least average IQ look at that guy and thinks to him/herself that Trump is their guy, the guy that will set things right, the smart guy who knows his stuff. How the actual fuck can anyone, let alone 74 million people, be that fuckin' stupid?
Drunk the Kool-Aid, believed conspiracy theorists, or are just cartoonishly evil. I'd like to think that some are just terrified of the reality of Trump and are mentally running from it, but quite a few just have to be evil.

How did X many people support Y, who is a figure we've read about in the history books who appears obviously evil to everyone born later? We generally just say "evil" for most of them, still works.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
74 million people voted for this imbecile. How does a person with at least average IQ look at that guy and thinks to him/herself that Trump is their guy, the guy that will set things right, the smart guy who knows his stuff. How the actual fuck can anyone, let alone 74 million people, be that fuckin' stupid?
Because the US has two options only normally

Trump was deemed by people to be the lesser of the evils and based on his track record, it's been a lot of noise but due (likely in part to incompetence) he's barely done any real damage.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Trump was deemed by people to be the lesser of the evils and based on his track record, it's been a lot of noise but due (likely in part to incompetence) he's barely done any real damage.
370,000 dead from covid-19, many avoidably. Interesting to know that's not "real damage" in your world.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
370,000 dead from covid-19, many avoidably. Interesting to know that's not "real damage" in your world.
Wait I said that? I'm an asshole...

but seriously why do quote me for something I didn't write?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Not to mention lives lost by Trump's betrayal of the Kurds, and families forcibly separated at the border (the latter being a continuation, but also an intensification, of previously existing policies).

but seriously why do quote me for something I didn't write?
Looks like the quote function's messed up again. That was Dwarvenhobble, not Godzillarich.

Status
Not open for further replies.