Shower Thoughts MK2

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
"Raw" beyond meat feels super weird in the hand. Its like. Kind of raw burger, kind of not. Kind of cold refried beans? And then it cooks and all the sudden its notbeef.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
It's kinda funny to me that my online persona probably seems very sensitive and emotional, since I'm almost always having some sort of mental breakdown or existential crisis but IRL most people would describe me as stoic and robotic, I've even been called cold and insensitive, which isn't something I see myself as, but I guess expressing how I feel isn't my forte.
Would probably say am similar most of the time through life. Been raised to learn hiding emotions is a safer bet around others, so stoicism has come too naturally as a defense, while showing affection causes various fears. Writing and other forms of creating expression is a way to circumvent that conditioning, for better and worse. It is possible to change though, if the environment doesn't feel hostile and the motivation is there. Not easy to attain either, so grab those chances when you can!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Stop putting idiotic religious ads that i can't skip in my YT feed god damnit! The fact that I watch atheist content pretty much should tell you that is the type of ad I'm LEAST interested in seeing. Fucking algorithms.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I find the dual nature of weebs/otaku/whatever you want to call them, where they simultaneously obsess over, and hypersexualize EVERYTHING...and yet equally seem to embrace acting like they don't want sex(to the point of freaking out about the hint of intimacy), to be entirely baffling.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I've been dropping in and out of Cobra Kai, and a question has been forming in my mind about the Cobra Kai itself. In the first movie, the attitude Kreese is cultivating in his students is harsh, but it is fairly logical if you want to produce karateka who are effective street fighters. To that end outside of some prestige a man like that really shouldn't care about, why the fuss about his student's performance in a sporting match?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I've been dropping in and out of Cobra Kai, and a question has been forming in my mind about the Cobra Kai itself. In the first movie, the attitude Kreese is cultivating in his students is harsh, but it is fairly logical if you want to produce karateka who are effective street fighters. To that end outside of some prestige a man like that really shouldn't care about, why the fuss about his student's performance in a sporting match?
It was mostly just ego stroking. He reveled in training them to be violent warriors, and them winning in competitions, was a public declaration of his superiority of training. He saw himself as a Leader of Men, and that men thrived on violence, so he cultivated that in them, and liked to see it win out over other philosophies because, well because he's an egomaniac, and frankly there are some really fucking unstable people in the world, who insist on their way of life is THE way things should be, and if you disagree, you are directly challenging them, and must be put down. So, he's just That Guy. Yeah it's fairly stupid, but then so is he. It's to illustrate how flawed his world view is, and why it shouldn't be replicated and emulated.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I wonder what percentage out of all Escapist accounts were created solely to post in Old Games You Remember Playing But Can't Remember the Name Of one time and then abandoned. 50%? The original thread was almost a thousand pages long and most users only have one or two posts.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
To those who pee standing up, have you ever been going, and suddenly realize, as you relax, that now you need to poop? And then you have to decide, do I flush now so that I have a fresh bowl? Or do I sit down and risk pee-splash up my butt?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
To those who pee standing up, have you ever been going, and suddenly realize, as you relax, that now you need to poop? And then you have to decide, do I flush now so that I have a fresh bowl? Or do I sit down and risk pee-splash up my butt?
Usually flush first. But, pro tip: if flushing is not preferred, just lay a small bit of bog-roll on the water to cushion any potential splash back. Too much will keep the poop festering in the open air, but too little will not provide enough crumple zone, so balance the amount wisely!

Reactions: happyninja42

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I typically don't flush, and either poop very gently, or use the bidet to rinse away any concerning diluted-pee spray.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Why would pee-splash be a concern? Over poo splash I mean. Save the earth my dudes, don't flush.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Hmm... Never been an issue that crossed my mind, though I can say I've made it 40 years without it doing so, so... one flush to evacuate them all, and in the sewers find them.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Hmm... Never been an issue that crossed my mind, though I can say I've made it 40 years without it doing so, so... one flush to evacuate them all, and in the sewers find them.
My general attitude to pooping is "bombs away, lads!"

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I find myself really saddened that the movie Contact, based on Carl Sagan's book of the same name, written by one of the most influential skeptics and atheists to have ever lived in the modern era, was cut and edited in such a way, that people walked away from that film, thinking that the main character found god. And I've actually had religious people I've known say that exact thing to me. Their takeaway was "She found god" I just....*facepalm*

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My girlfriend just returned home from her surgery today; everything went well and she's sleeping off the anesthesia right now. One of the questions the anesthesiologist asked her yesterday was if she drank and, if so, how much in a week. I forget what she said, but I know it was easily half. Makes me wonder, do anesthesiologist anticipate people under-reporting to questions like that? Are the parameters that guide their decision making precise, like, if you tell them you have 5 drinks a week and it's actually 15, can the prescribed dosage be thrown off enough to complicate things? Or does it take a wild swing like telling them you have 5 drinks a week and it's more like 50?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
My girlfriend just returned home from her surgery today; everything went well and she's sleeping off the anesthesia right now. One of the questions the anesthesiologist asked her yesterday was if she drank and, if so, how much in a week. I forget what she said, but I know it was easily half. Makes me wonder, do anesthesiologist anticipate people under-reporting to questions like that? Are the parameters that guide their decision making precise, like, if you tell them you have 5 drinks a week and it's actually 15, can the prescribed dosage be thrown off enough to complicate things? Or does it take a wild swing like telling them you have 5 drinks a week and it's more like 50?
Well yeah, I would think someone with a high alcohol level in their blood on a consistent basis could severely react with any of the strong medication they give you when recovering from surgery. So yes, it probably does factor into the equation in a lot of ways. For one, it would likely determine if they need to give you a medication that is less reactive to alcohol. For another, it will probably at least cover them, insurance wise, if you have a severe reaction, they can point to the chart and say "She reported 5 drinks a week, under that information, Medication X is perfectly safe. We can't help it if she lied to us and drinks way more than that, thus why she had a bad reaction to Medication X."

And yes, I'm pretty sure it's been studied that when asked questions about behaviors that are considered morally questionable, people will often lie their asses off, even when it's potentially hazardous to their health. So yeah, I would suspect they assume people are under reporting their drug use, partly out of shame/cultural pressure, and also possibly out of fear of some kind of legal reprisal.

Reactions: Xprimentyl